Medusa team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Medusa team

Post by Minigiant »

It is just an idea that has been playing in my head the last couple of days. I thought i would share. I have not really thought it through but think it would be cool

They would be somewhere between Vampire and Big Guy

Should i just let go of this idea?

Edit:

0-6 Medusa - 6/5/3/8 Loner, Wild Animal, Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence, Prehensive Tail -- 130,000 -- GS

0-16 Snake - 5/1/3/5 Dodge, No Hands, Stunty, Titchy, Prehensive Tail -- 20,000 -- A

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Medusa team

Post by dode74 »

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

That response made me laugh more than it should have.....

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Hahahaha. Perfect, dode.

@Minigiant - I might suggest that you post what you had in mind for the roster build. Personally, I'm one of those jack holes that wants to do away with a bunch of teams, buff the remaining ones, and run a more streamline selection of rosters...so I probably won't like it either way. You'll likely get more discussion if you take the time to type up though.

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

There is also the fact that the freedom of blood bowl is you can use almost ANY miniature you want and call it something else and people will be like..ok sure. So if you just want a medusa on the field..call it a vampire and go for it.

or an ogre...or a minotaur......

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

EXACTLY, Ray. You and I would get along swimmingly.

"Hey everyone, check out my new Bretonnian team...it's a proxy from the Orc roster."

"Looks beautiful!"

"Thanks! Let's play."

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I'm hoping to campaign a Cockatrice into FUMBBL stunty in the future. They also had the ability to turn opponents to stone. Sadly with an online client, HG is the closest we'll get to that.

TT has more options though. You could do a 'longer term' HG, however it might get a bit messy.

I'm not sure what a vampire-big guy roster is. Do you mean plays like somewhere between vampire and ogres; or the trait would be HG, BL and the old big guy trait?

Fluffwise I guess deep on the southern islands places of ancient antiquity still exist with weird and strange monsters, that have been longing to play blood bowl.

Turn to stone trait.........maybe Medusa is ag2 or even ag1, however the hypno-gaze lasts the whole drive.......that may work.

Neg trait: 'My I look pretty in that mirror' Before any action Medusa has to roll on a d6. A roll of a 1 means she has caught sight of her reflection on some armour and has turned herself to stone. You may reroll the d6. A roll of 1 does not result in a turnover.

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

Rayphoton wrote:There is also the fact that the freedom of blood bowl is you can use almost ANY miniature you want and call it something else and people will be like..ok sure. So if you just want a medusa on the field..call it a vampire and go for it.

or an ogre...or a minotaur......
Well that is where this team idea spawned from. I have updated OP:
burgun824 wrote:
@Minigiant - I might suggest that you post what you had in mind for the roster build. Personally, I'm one of those jack holes that wants to do away with a bunch of teams, buff the remaining ones, and run a more streamline selection of rosters...so I probably won't like it either way. You'll likely get more discussion if you take the time to type up though.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I don't think you need to let go of ideas, however I think you need to think up some basics first. New roster ideas tend not to be popular either, as anybody who is interested can think up rosters for themselves.

Looking at what you've chosen, I think you may lack a bit of experience.

It wouldn't do very well at all. The only defensive strategy I can see is trying to move the Medusi? into base contact with the cage, and then try to HG them. Keeping in contact each turn and slow the drive down until they steal the ball or run out of players. Wild Animal and Hypno Gaze has terrible synergy. It's only saved by these guys being ST5, so staying in base contact is optimum anyway. On offence........capitulation city.

You know.............I'd be tempted to just run with 8 players and save the rest for inducements. Those snakes are pretty useless.