Could someone summerise Amazon ideas?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I know these get rattled around occasionally to 'do a norse' in terms of changes to the roster. What are the broad suggestions? Differentiation like the current human team (mv7 blitzers, mv8 str2 catchers?) and/or dodge being replaced by fend? I can't imagine an appropriate big guy (no unicorns).

Reason: ''
macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Could someone summerise Amazon ideas?

Post by macabeo »

Some people suggest the passing theme for Amazons, but as we all know passing as the main offensive threat is pretty risky and brings little to the defensive capabilities of the team.

A more adequate theme is mobility and ball hawking, without turning them into either a dodge spam or a AG4 spam team and trying to make them viable at higher TVs even with AV7. Here's my take:

0-16 Linewoman: 6337 Fend GA 50k
Trade Dodge for Fend, but give them A access. Weak 0-16 position, but Fend helps survivability and mobility and A access allows better long term development (i.e. Dodge or DP+SG)

0-2 Thrower: 6337 Sure Hands, Hail Mary Pass GAP 70k
A ball retriever and/or a ball carrier with a panic button of sorts, good for a mobile team. Useful in defense once the ball has popped out to pick it up and throw it away as far as possible. A access also helps (i.e. Dodge and Leap to reach the ball).

0-2 Catcher: 8237 Dodge, Catch, Dauntless GA 70k
Let's assume that the Human Catcher is 7337 as it should be to avoid redundancy. Fast but weak, albeit with potential for Ball Sacking thanks to Dauntless. Dauntless also makes it kind of similar to the Norse Runner.

0-4 Blitzer: 7337 Wrestle, Dodge GAS 90k
Blodge out of the box is too powerful and cheesy, so trade Block for Wrestle but give them MA7 and A access to compensate. Wrestle is awkward with S access, but this increases the ball hawking potential of the team and also opens the question of who should be the ball carrier.

(Optional) Kroxigor
The other "human" teams have a Big Guy, and Amazons live in Lustria and are often depicted in fiction as riding dinosaurs and whatnot. Also they need a decent big guy to compensate for the lack of punch and resilience.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Hadn't thought of big dinosaur :) why not spam fend across the team?

macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by macabeo »

Chris wrote:Hadn't thought of big dinosaur :) why not spam fend across the team?
Same blandness of Dodge spam, only worse. A reworking of the team should bring new and interesting things, like universal A access with AG3, Hail Mary Pass and Wrestle + S access, things currently absent from the rosters we already have.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I like the idea of giving Amazons an Ogress with stats like 6/5/2/8 Bonehead, Thick skull, TTM, Break Tackle.

Also giving the other players some different skills from the bog standard ones. Maybe something like shadowing or having a player with the stab ability.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

NO ST2 CATCHERS! NO...NO...NO!!!

I've already got to find time to rework the human and wood elf rosters to fix those mistakes (which I will never have, by the way). The least we can do is not regress on the rosters that are already okay.

How many times do I need to fume about this before people will stop with the ST2 catchers? My friggin' OCD can't handle it. :pissed:

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

I like the idea of swapping out 2 Blitzers for 2 Huntresses with a Claw ability. Big Guy could be something jungley, like the Apes' Silverback (5519 Loner, Extra Arms, Mighty Blow, Grab, Wild Animal). Stalkers with Shadowing? Could even add a couple Gorillas (5428 Grab SA/GP) for blocker types.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So not the same level of angst here as for the poor humans...