Tzeentch Horrors - just for fun!

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Tzeentch Horrors - just for fun!

Post by Shteve0 »

Hey all!

Just as a bit of fun - please help me nut out a roster with a really different feel and playstyle :)

Here's where I've got to so far

1) 0-6 Pink Horror

100k 6338 Throw Team-Mate, Right Stuff, Splinter GAM/SP

Splinter (E): whenever this player is placed in the Dead & Injured box as the result of an injury, place a model to represent a newly generated Blue Horror prone in the square vacated by the injured player. If the injury occured off the pitch, place the generated Blue Horror in the reserves box instead. If the injury incurred is a death, you may add the Blue Horror to your roster immediately and for free as if it was just purchased; any other generated Blue Horrors may be purchased during the post game phase if funds and roster slots allow.

2) 0-16 Blue Horrors

40k, 6237 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff AM/GSP

3) I'm thinking a 0-4 blocker position... But please offer your thoughts. I'm going for something very different here, there are already some very silly play options on the table here!

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: Tzeentch Horrors - just for fun!

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Shteve0,
I believe the idea has been around for quite a while. Perhaps on mbbl2(?).
Personally, I love it. Then again I'm a Stunty coach at heart.

I think the Pinks are overpriced. Like beastmen they are a Big pool of players sharing a skill that can only be used once per turn - and unlike horns it will not get used every turn. I think 240k tied up in that is very harsh.

Also the blues: I think it is a missed opportunity to make them exactly like gobbos. I mean, fluffwise the have no particular connection to gobbos. Anything to set than apart. Big hand? Or that G access that every gobbo coach dreams of? If that is too much then get rid of dodge or stunty...

As for a blocker type, I don't think any tzeentchian daemons fit the bill. I think beastmen or warriors would be the traditional way to go.

Cheers
Martin

PS - as an aside, another way to represent the teleporting is leaping... Perhaps that would be a way to port the slann roster into something that GW wouldn't block :)

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Perhaps add 2 chaos warrior-types, 6429 (agility/balhandling for the other teammembers hence AG2, but a 'slight' speedbonus?) or 5429 prehensile tail (why not) for 100K, or 110K? a 0-2 choice.

Interesting team btw. From waaaay back, IIRC. :)

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

0-2 flamers ?
with leap, no hands, claw, etc..

and a big guy?

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Why do the pink horrors have the right stuff?

And where do the models come from? Did you make them?

Yeah I would buff them a bit. Give the blue horrors big hands? What is special about pink horrors?

Definitively need a big guy! I would go for a chaos spawn (with really stupid). You can either give it poor stats and every single mutation, or good stats (to represent all its mutations) and access to mutations only on normal rolls.

Something like

5/5/2/9 Really stupid, mighty blow M/AGPS

Or

4/5/1/8 Really stupid, Big Hand, Claw, Disturbing Presence, Extra Arms, Foul Appearance, Horns, Prehensile Tail, Tentacles, Two Heads, Very Long Legs S/AGP

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

There's a horror team on FUMBBL in the stunty leeg, think it's about forth one down from the top check it out...

https://fumbbl.com/help:StuntyRosters

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

My Tzeentch side is fairly similar to Shteve0's (and awaiting its first experimental league game), although it's a bit faster and you get two blues when a pink dies. I've got a Flamer that is 5339, Secret Weapon, Bombardier, Accurate, No Hands - which I kind of like, but a speedy leaper as per babass' suggestion seems kind of cool as well.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Great thoughts here guys.

I should have said, I've seen concepts for this team before, so I don't imagine for a second it to be original. I haven't seen a couple of those linked though, ta very much!

For some reason flamers in blood bowl leave me cold, perhaps for the same reason juggernauts and the lord of change do. I recognise I'm taking sever liberties with the fluff too (Fass, your splitting pink is much more in keeping with the warhammer story, but mechanically I prefer the pink to expel the Blue, and to survive all but death rolls).

I do like that linked stunty roster. A bit skill heavy though? So we could maybe try to adapt certain aspects of it to keep it thematic. Martin, noted on the pricing, cheers, though I was mainly charging for Splinter (remember you get a free stunty player every injury you incur on the Pink, so it's not a world away from regen). And I agree on the missed opportunity to make the Blue player different (not a fan of G access though personally, it feels a little bit too linear for my liking).

1) How does making the Blue basically a halfling with jump up and M access for 40k sound?

2) how do you feel about reducing the Pink to 80k, a nice "double the Blue" price?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re:

Post by babass »

Shteve0 wrote: 1) How does making the Blue basically a halfling with jump up and M access for 40k sound?

2) how do you feel about reducing the Pink to 80k, a nice "double the Blue" price?
1) 5-2-3-7 Dodge jumpup stunty right stuff. AM/GSP. For 40k

2) sounds gold

3) why "secret weapon" on those bombardier ?

4) the spaws with every single mutation is Great!

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

And where do the combo blue/pink horror models come from...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Chris wrote:And where do the combo blue/pink horror models come from...
Is that a rhetorical question? If not they're the last GW ones before they went to plastics. Pretty cool, eh?

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Nope, serious question...

Wow, they are great. The new plastics... aren't. I lost track of GW output some years ago, so the occassional neat model has passed me by, but most weren't that good :)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi again Shteve0,

1) Right - can see why you'd charge a bit for splitting, since it works on every injury. In my head I had it a bit like raise the dead (which is free). Still, you don't get your (skilled?) player back, so it ain't no Regen. 10k is fair, meaning 80k is fair.

2) I think perhaps look at some fluff rather than 'halfling with JU'. Feels arbitrary (at least to me). I think they have Big hands. And could be fast. Which would make their teleporting even more scary. I'm also not sure they should be stunties. Are they really that small?
I think Stunty with M access infringes heavily on Underworld.
How about 7237 Big hand, Dodge, Right Stuff? AM access

...And then, like you said, a blocker type or beastman. Perhaps just 0-2.
Could be a very interesting team.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Martin, appreciate the input.
plasmoid wrote:2) I think perhaps look at some fluff ...
NEVER! ;)
...rather than 'halfling with JU'. Feels arbitrary (at least to me). I think they have Big hands. And could be fast. Which would make their teleporting even more scary. I'm also not sure they should be stunties. Are they really that small?
The models are pretty small. I actually thought the variation on halfling was better than variation on goblin, to be honest. The Jump Up I liked for three reasons; first, mechanically it mitigates the slow starting speed a little. Second, thematically I liked the idea of this little dude leaping out from the mouth of a player as the result of an injury inducing impact. And third I like that it encourages you to throw Pink Horrors, since if the player lands and isn't injured you still get a dude that can move five squares immediately.

To make it more fluffy I'd actually wondered if dropping the A access and leaving him with just M might be worthwhile. I imagine them to be temporary, disposable and shifting, what better way to represent that than bad AV and M only access?
I think Stunty with M access infringes heavily on Underworld.
Funny, I saw it as a chaos halfling thing. I'd also have thought M access is necessary for all Tzeentch type players.
How about 7237 Big hand, Dodge, Right Stuff? AM access
I'll be honest, I thought it better to go for 'different stunty' rather than 'better goblin'. The big hand thing, I wonder if that door needs to be left open as a skill choice. I'm receptive, but not feeling this guy... it's too objectively strong.
...And then, like you said, a blocker type or beastman. Perhaps just 0-2.
Could be a very interesting team.
Yeah, I think so - I reckon I'd personally enjoy giving it a go. I'm not sure what it needs in the positional slots to be honest. My thinking is that if this was a real team and not just a thought exercise I'd want it to do a couple of things:
1) Have a fun and non-linear playstyle (I think the beastman position throwing each other and then having little guys spring out of their chest accomplishes that!)
2) Be more about the pinks than the blues, with the balance drifting during the game
3) Be nevertheless playable as a stunty roster

That leads to me think that actually what the roster maybe needs is 0-16 blues, 0-8 pinks and two big guys. Thoughts?

Cheers :)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Creative juices are flowing now. How about something like this? I'm working on the core assumption animosity would apply to throw team mate attempts, given that TTM uses all the rules for throwing the ball. The idea is that I think a negatrait of some sort is required beyond bone-head and I'd like pink horrors to be throwing each other as the main course of events here.

0-2 Tzeentch Herald, 140k, 4 5 2 9
Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Animosity, Throw Team Mate, Foul Appearance, Splinter

(essentially an ogre with Splinter instead of Thick Skull, and both -MA and animosity to offset Foul Appearance added for free)

That'd give us:

0-16 Blue Horror ..... 40k ... 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Jump Up, Right Stuff, Stunty ... AM/SP
0-8 Pink Horror ..... 80k ... 6 3 3 8 Splinter, Throw Team Mate, Right Stuff ... GAM/SP
0-2 Tzeentch Herald ..... 140k ... 4 5 2 9 Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Animosity, Throw Team Mate, Foul Appearance, Splinter
Re-rolls 50k (cheaper than the chaos standard cost of 70k because it's all about the coach changing results, right?)
Apothecary: yes (again, because of changing results, because Splinter is no long term protection and because it doesn't stack with said Splinter)

Any good?