Fishmen roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Fishmen roster

Post by Moraiwe »

I'm lucky enough to play in a league who are letting us design our own rosters. After scouring the net for a few figures, I've come up with a Fishman roster. After playing a few games I realised the team was too pricey, made some adjustments and here's how I currently envisage it:

Code: Select all

FISHMEN (rerolls: 60k)
0-16 Linefish  7 3 3 7                                          50k G/ASP
0-2  Blockers  4 4 2 8 Break Tackle                             80k GS/AP
0-4  Anglers   5 3 3 8 Diving Tackle, Hynotic Gaze, Big Hand    90k G/SAP
0-2  Blitzers  7 3 3 8 Block, Shadowing                        100k GA/SP
0-1  Big Fish  5 5 2 9 Loner, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow       120k S/GAP
Linefish: Small and nimble
Blocker: Big, bloated, and likely to just bulldoze past you
Angler: Based on anglerfish, Hyno Gaze to represent the lure, Diving Tackle due to the ambush predator nature, Big Hand because the model has big hands
Blitzer: More the hunt you down predator, hence shadowing.
Big Fish: this is least interesting position, want to do something else with it but am drawing a blank.

Here are the figures I'm using for the team, from left to right: Linefish, Big Fish, Blocker, Blitzer, Angler, Linefish
fishmen.jpg
Currently still being painted, and I'm also trying my hand at sculpting some turtle-shell and sea-shell knee and shoulder pads.

I don't think it can be accused of being top tier, but having Diving Tackle, Hypno Gaze and Shadowing on the same starting roster has been surprisingly fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Fishmen roster

Post by Bakunin »

Looks like a fun roster to play.

Yay! for starting shadowing (Blood Bowl is surely lacking that)
yay for starting big hand
and a cool non-overpowered hypnogaze player.

Why cant the blitzers take (S) skills? on any/normal table?

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Argh, typo. Blitzers have been corrected to GA/SP.

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

I quite like the idea for this team as it reminds me of the old Night Horrors Fishman miniature (and so plays in with the whole Blood Bowl universe/ world is similar but not the same as Warhammer fantasy universe)

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Yeah, it's easy enough to insert this into the fluff. Something, written better, along these lines would work:

"For centuries, humans of the old world have had tales of a strange aquatic race who, emerging from the deep, would cause havoc to small fishing communities. Shipwrecks, lost vessels, and unexplained livestock mutilations were the fuel for these rumours. Up until now, the rumours could never be proven - indeed they were often laughed at. Well, now who's laughing?

Exactly why the Fishmen have chosen now to make their appearance undeniable is unknown. What is known is that they want to play Blood Bowl. They want to play now!"