Centaurs - A team of Speed, not of Agility

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

What should the Centaur Blitzers look like?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:15 pm

2 Blitzers - 100k 6/3/3/8 Block, Sure Feet, Sprint - GSP/A
25%
2 Blitzers - 110k 7/3/3/8 Block, Sure Feet, Sprint - GSP/A
25%
2 Blitzers - 120k 6/4/3/7 Sure Feet, Sprint - GSP/A
50%

Total votes: 4

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Centaurs - A team of Speed, not of Agility

Post by legowarrior »

Centaurs - Runners on Fleet Foot

16 Linesmen -60k 6/3/3/7 Sure Feet, Sprint - GP/AS
2 Throwers - 70k 6/3/3/7 Sure Feet, Sprint, Strong Arm - GP/AS
4 Runners - 80k 7/3/3/7 Catch, Sure Feet, Sprint - GP/AS
1 Minotaur - 150k 5/5/2/8 Loner, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Wild Animal S/GAP
Rerolls - 60K

I used the Greek Theme of the Centaurs, which put an emphasis on Archery. Since these are blood bowl players, I didn't think the most skilled archers would be on the team, but with the cultural emphasis, everyone would have access to the Pass Skill. Since everyone has Pass Access, I want the Thrower to be distinct, and have something that would be tough for a regular thrower to get. I gave him Strong Arm for 10k. I am tempted to give him Pass as well, but 4 skills on a starting player seems like a lot.

Since they half horse, I wanted to make them quick, but I didn't want to tread on the Skavens theme. So instead of faster players, I thought I would look at the Bull Centaurs for inspiration, and gave them all Sure Feet and Sprint for 30k. To keep the price reasonable, and to emphasis their wild nature, I left them with 7 armor. They aren't wearing a lot of barding, just raw savagery.

Finally, to make it more distinct from the skaven, I made sure that there was no normal access to dodge. They get Sure Feet and Sprint, and they runners start with Catch (someone should have it if you have a team full of throwers), but without Agility access, movement will be a bit restricted. This is one of those times were I wish that movement and ball handling were broken out as skills and as physical attributes.

edit 1 - Updated Runners to cost 80k and have 4 positions. Reduced Blitzers to 2 positions
edit 2 - Made small edits
edit 3 - add a Minotaur, but without Mutation access.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Centaurs - A team of Speed, not of Agility

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Your team discount factor is currently 0k.

I'd either drop the price of the Runners or the Blitzers by 10k as you have some discount room definitely in the team based on the formulas we used for CRP.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Centaurs - A team of Speed, not of Agility

Post by legowarrior »

Thanks for the insight. I think I'll change the Catchers, and also make a slight adjustment to the number of catchers allowed.

I'm toying with the idea of adding a Minotaur to the team (minus the mutation access) to keep with the Ancient Greek Theme.

I'm also thinking of changing the Blitzers.

The Original - Keep everything the same.

Alternative Faster Blitzers to put more of emphasis on speed.
2 Blitzers - 110k 7/3/3/8 Block, Sure Feet, Sprint - GSP/A

Alternative Stronger Blitzers to emphasis that Centaurs can get really tough, much like the Orcs have Black orcs. I want to keep the number to 2, because the emphasis is on speed (although with out dodge access, it is still limited).
2 Blitzers - 120k 6/4/3/7 Sure Feet, Sprint - GSP/A