Secret weapon ideas

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Secret weapon ideas

Post by mushoomy »

Agreed, maybe lower his agility to agility 2? He's got wings tied to his arms it's going to make ball handling pretty difficult, but it doesn't mean he can't do it. And just the mighty blow with the pointy hat I reckon is enough. Piling on is a blocking thing anyways.

Now that this thread is kinda up I propose the on-field medic! A support secret weapon with a first aid kit. I think this player would make a good star player for any non undead teams. This could also replace wandering apothecary, though I'm not a fan of that idea as my players like to go squish :D

The Medic

0-1 - 5/3/3/8 - Loner, Medic, No hands, Fend, Side step, Secret Weapon - 100k (same price as wandering apothecary.)

Medic Skill
When a player on the medics team gets knocked out, injured or die the player may move 3 squares towards the player and heal him. On a 3+, the injured player is prone on the pitch. -1 in tackle zones.

I think this would be a great support secret weapon. Keep him close to your great players and hope for the best! Movement 5 I think suits as his equipment would be quite heavy to run around with. I decided no hands as he'd be carrying his equipment and Secret Weapon as it is illegal play to have an apoth on the pitch. This player could also work as a non-secret weapon with regen (heal himself), but I think secret weapon is a nice one. Would you rather get a reliable wandering Apoth or a semi reliable on field apoth that can work more than once. Fend and sidestep are debatable. I was thinking fend as the medic wants to stay out of trouble and sidestep so he can get closer to his team mates.

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

mushoomy wrote: Medic Skill
When a player on the medics team gets knocked out, injured or die the player may move 3 squares towards the player and heal him. On a 3+, the injured player is prone on the pitch. -1 in tackle zones.
Might be too much. Maybe only for KO or BH results?

Milo

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

Or even 3+ to work and then you reroll the injury and choose one of the two. What would happen if the medic fails though? Like with a chainsaw kickback he hits himself and a bombadier blows himself up if fails. Maybe if he fails you cant choose the result so if it's a badly hurt and you fail the aid roll he could possibly die.

Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

I actually like the medic idea. I even think that this skill shouldn't be limited to just Star Players. It at least should be an Extraordinary skill, given to some very squishy and weak rosters (flings, gobbos, ogres may be). Like 0-1 or 0-2 new positionals, which are regular linemen by stats and skills, but have this skill out of the box (may be with a slight increase of their cost). The skill itself could be some limited form of Apo roll (like in case of Pro, you roll D6, and you can try to reroll your injury on 4-6 only; some modifiers could also be used, making it harder to get a better results, or limitations are applied, like that it can't reroll Dead result and/or can only reroll injuries, thus can't substitute KO with Stunned as Apo does etc), including the already mentioned requirement that injured player still must be close enough to Medic on the pitch for it to work.

I think it should be even considered making it an Agility or even Passing skill, so allowing squishy teams direct access to it. Passing already contains skills like Leader, which I believe was put there on purpose, to limit direct access to it to teams who have (and actually use on the pitch) positionals with P access, thus endorsing ball play a bit. The same could be done in case of Medic, making players with P access more interesting option, as well as decreasing attrition for those trying to play ball game a bit.

As an additional slight boost of the skill, may be it should also be allowed for Medic to treat his own injuries. It also should be allowed to roll for Apo when Medic roll fails, if you have one. Yet, it shouldn't be allowed for several Medic's rolls in one turn (like, if you have 2+ in the team). Also, each player with the skill should probably be allowed to use it only once per half/match.

Of course, undeads of any kind, or nurglits can't have a bite :P

Edit:
I doubt it needs to be Secret Weapon in such case, may be it's just enough to make it very limited and weak Apo version instead? Or there could be 2 versions of the skill, First Aid and Medic, with First Aid being A or P skill, working as described above in this post, and Medic as an Extraordinary skill only available to some Secret Weapon Star Players, being a more powerful, almost-Apo (or better than Apo) roll (Medic still needs to be able to get in touch with the injured player to work)