Intimidate the ref.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

GutRot81
Experienced
Experienced

Intimidate the ref.

Post by GutRot81 »

To make it more interesting how about On a ref spotted foul do a ff Role with +1 for home team advantage. If you role higher than op then the ref bricks it under threat for life and ignores the foul.

Thoughts ? Might try this as a house rule.

Reason: ''
mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Intimidate the ref.

Post by mushoomy »

I think if there were to be an "intimidate the ref" aspect to blood bowl I think it should be according to the players strength. Let's assume the Ref is ST3.
After rolling a double on a foul, the fouler may attempt to intimidate the ref. It'd work similarly to interceptions. ST would be the agility though. So a Strength 3 player would intimidate the ref on a 6+, a ST4 on a 5+ and a ST5 on a 4+ etc. Foul appearance would add +1 to the intimidation.

This would see some fouling big guys and make Lord Borak a more viable fouler. But would you risk a ST5 player getting sent off from a foul?

GutRot81
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GutRot81 »

I was thinking the ref fears getting done over by the crowd after the game make ff more of a thing.

That said the player one could work too.

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

I think the ref would be more scared of a player wanting to kill him hahaha

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Bring back the old "on-pitch" ref rules.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.