Pro Wrestler Blood Bowl Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

As the ratings for Pro Wrestling plummets, the OWWE (The Old world wrestling Entertainment) has hit it's lowest month yet. With pro wrestling stars Bulk Croakan and Brawn Highkills going into retirement, the OWWE have gone out of their way to find a new sport to play. Wrestling in Nippon wasn't going to well either. With savaging war the old traditions have been ditched. The Wrestlers of the Old world, tired of the lack of attention have come together to take on the sport of Blood bowl, using their skills from their wrestling careers, brawn and fair looks to win them games.

0-16 - Wrestler - 6/3/3/7 - wrestle - G/ASP - 50k
0-4 - Pro Wrestler - 6/3/3/7 - wrestle, pro, fan favourite - G/ASP - 100k
0-4 - Sumo Wrestler - 4/4/2/8 - wrestle, grab, standfirm - GS/AP - 120k

This was just a fun idea I had while playing around with another roster. I think a team of wrestlers could be quite tactical. As for the Fan favourite I think it may be over powered having 4 players with it (Imagine pitch invasions with fame! Down on a 2+) so I think that could be changed but it's a fun little idea. I also thought a luchador could be cool but I had no real ideas for it besides a piling on player.

Wrestler
Bog standard player. Pretty standard. I think the armour seven is suitable for a wrestler as they aren't very armored up in the real world

Pro Wrestler
These guys are all show (which is why I was thinking fan favourite). Pro is in there name so it's only appropriate to have pro on them.

Sumo Wrestler
An interesting blocker with wrestle. I think these guys would make great tactical players but I'm not sure about the skills that they have.

Reason: ''
TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Pro Wrestler Blood Bowl Team

Post by TheDancingClown »

You could add Turkish wrestlers with Dodge - probably hard to catch those slippery buggers.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Luchador as ST2 but access to Ag? Maybe an extra MA to start. Or Jump Up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

I think it would be good if you called them something else than sumo wrestlers, as that's a different sport.

I don't know what, but it's definately need as a "class" - Guys like King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant, Big Show, Earthquake and whatnot.

Maybe just "Heavyweights"?

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Interesting!
I just made up a wrestling background for the Ogres on my Ogre team :D
I will give this a thought.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

nice team concept!
0-4 - Pro Wrestler - 6/3/3/7 - wrestle, pro, fan favourite - G/ASP - 100k
1/ it sounds expensive.
2 linemen are better (for the same price)
i guess, as this player is "pro", he definitly need something more. like access to A-skill on simple?

2/ what about the fan favorite skill.
- could this skill bring the FAME to more than +2 ?
- is its effect cumulative ? (ie: +4 to the fame if the 4 pro are playing, so up to +6 fame...)
actually, it would nice to have a team, that have such influence on the kick-off event! (6, 8, 11 and 12 are influenced by the fame!)

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

babass wrote:2/ what about the fan favorite skill.
- could this skill bring the FAME to more than +2 ?
- is its effect cumulative ? (ie: +4 to the fame if the 4 pro are playing, so up to +6 fame...)
Yeah, CRP specifically states +1 per player

How about something along the lines of:
0-2 - Face - 6/3/3/7 - wrestle, pro, fan favourite - GP/AS - 100k
0-4 - Enforcer - 4/4/2/8 - wrestle, grab, standfirm - GS/AP - 120k
0-2 - Luchador - 6/2/4/7 - wrestle, leap, right stuff - GA/SP - 100k

Some more generic Wrestler terms to title the positionals. No idea on the pricing of the Luchador, that's a random stab in the dark.
Adding Passing access to the Pro (and changed his name) and cut them to 2, which mitigates the impact of Fan Favourite.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Stay away from AG 4 and ST 4 on the same team. Luchador should not have AG 4. All I can tell you from experience running the MBBL2 is ... trust me on this.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

Tag Team Duo
(0-2) Tag Teamer 6-3-3-7 Wrestle, guard GS/AP - 70k

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

Thanks for all the comments guys! Lot's of feedback and other player ideas to fish through
TheDancingClown wrote:You could add Turkish wrestlers with Dodge - probably hard to catch those slippery buggers.
A turkish wrestler would be a great idea. Them having dodge would be great too as they oil up for fighting.
Darkson wrote:Luchador as ST2 but access to Ag? Maybe an extra MA to start. Or Jump Up.
I don't think a Luchador would be strength 2 personally and as Galak said it's a bad idea to mix blocker type players with AG (that is if we continue with the sumo). I think a normal wrestler with an extra movement + jump up could be a fun player. Bring the player to the ground, jump back up and get another one. Another idea is having the luchador with piling on as they tend to jump on top of their opponents in the ring.
Brage97 wrote:I think it would be good if you called them something else than sumo wrestlers, as that's a different sport.?
Yeah the sumo was just an idea. I think it would make a fun player but I think the way the feedback is looking we're looking to a team with an agility player with no blockers. Wait and see :)
Yeah, CRP specifically states +1 per player

How about something along the lines of:
Adding Passing access to the Pro (and changed his name) and cut them to 2, which mitigates the impact of Fan Favourite.
I like your face. It's nice ;) I think making it so you can only get 2 is a good idea and giving them passing skill access is great too. But yeah, I think the luchador needs work (love the idea of right stuff but not on a non stunty player) and the enforcer wouldn't be a blocker type as mixing a blocker type player with an ag type player is a no.
bouncergriim wrote:Tag Team Duo
(0-2) Tag Teamer 6-3-3-7 Wrestle, guard GS/AP - 70k
Very fun idea!

So from this I think this team would be a more agile approach to a human team with the luchador and turkish wrestler (Pehliven). A tag teamer would also be a fun player but I think it needs some work. I also think reducing the Face's price would be good. Still needs some work

Wrestler Blood Bowl Team
0-2 - Face - 6/3/3/7 - wrestle, pro, fan favourite - GP/AS - 100k
0-4 - Luchador - 7/3/3/7 - wrestle, jump up - GA/PS - 100k
0-2 - Pehliven -7/3/4/7 - wrestle, dodge - GA/PS - 120k

I also think a big guy could be fun on this team especially after I saw the idea of a luchador having right stuff :lol: If we did go with a big guy, an ogre is the obvious choice. But if we did go with a stunty Luchador I think this could be an idea:

0-4 - Luchador - 7/2/3/7 - dodge, stunty, right-stuff, wrestle, jump up - A/GSP - 100k

This could arguably be an overpowered player. Especially having a wrestle dodge stunty player. But that is made up for the price.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

mushoomy wrote:and as Galak said it's a bad idea to mix blocker type players with AG (that is if we continue with the sumo).
No, Galak said don't mix ST4 players with AG4 players, he didn't say you couldn't have AG access players (which is what I suggested).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

If you have a face why not a heel, using sneaky git or dirty player

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Good shout from Loki - drop the Pehliven as it doesn't seem to fit the "Pro Wrestling" theme, as at the moment you seem to have a mix of wrestlers from an entertainment and "shoot" background, and add his Heel idea.

Maybe give the faces and heels Animosity to each other?

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

Darkson wrote:
mushoomy wrote:and as Galak said it's a bad idea to mix blocker type players with AG (that is if we continue with the sumo).
No, Galak said don't mix ST4 players with AG4 players, he didn't say you couldn't have AG access players (which is what I suggested).
That's what I meant :)
Loki wrote:If you have a face why not a heel, using sneaky git or dirty player
Great idea :D a dirty player would also be great due to the nature of the team bringing their opponents to the ground. I dont really see why you'd go dirty player though as you could easily turn a wrestler into a fouler. Maybe making the heel a CAS inducer as while the rest of the players are just wrestling their opponents to the ground the heel is trying to hurt their opponents? So maybe...

0-2 - Face - 6/3/3/7 - Wrestle, Strip ball, Face GA/SP
0-2 - Heel - 6/3/3/7 - Block, Mighty blow, Heel GS/AP

Face: This player is the hero! The player everyone roots for! For each player on the team with face, add 1 fame for any kick off result. Face players have animosity against heel players

Heel: This player is the villain! The crowd revolts every time he makes an appearance. For each player on the team with heel, remove 1 fame for any kick off result. Heel players have animosity against face players.

I think heels could balance out fan favourite/face. And the idea of the face having wrestle whilst the heel has block gives the impression that goid guys always win. With the face and heel skills I think it may be possible to go 0-4 on both player types as I think people would want to get a block mighty blow player with strength access but would also want extra fame for kick off results. It'd also make opponents want to take out the faces so there is more heel on the pitch for the next kick off.

In regards to faces having strip ball, reasoning is that they'd rather get the ball off of their opponents whilst the heel would rather bash them off.

Luchadors would be the neutral party, neither good or evil.

Pro Wrestler Team
0-4 - Face - 6/3/3/7 - Wrestle, strip ball, face - GA/SP - 100k
0-4 - Heel - 6/3/3/7 - block, mighty blow, heel - GS/AP - 100k
0-2 - Luchador - 7/3/3/7 - wrestle, dodge, jump up - G/ASP - 120k

Reroll- 70k (think high rerolls are suitable as this team can get rerolls from kick off)