Feline Team (Nehekharians)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Feline Team (Nehekharians)

Post by The Hurricane »

Before the Tomb Kings arose from their sarcophagi to lay waste to the lands in search of power, The Land of the Dead was known to many by a different name, Nehekhara. A great and prosperus city crowned by man, Nehekhara was shrouded in dark magic. The gods foreseeing the rise of Nagash, granted power to a few select to lead man out of the desert. The gods seeing this reign of Nagash to late, the ones selected by the gods were barely able to escape the city with their own lives. Thousands of years later the selected guard The Land of the Dead. People who have seen these selected describe them as humans with cat like features and abilities. On a hot day a blood bowl team was traveling into the Land of the Dead to play a match. They were stopped by these Nehekharians and taught the game. The blood bowl team was graneed passage and from then on the Felines of Nehekhara showed their strength and dominance on the field of glory.

Feline

0-16 Linecat 70k 7/3/3/8 G/ASP
0-4 Runner 100k 8/3/3/8 Dodge, Nerves of Steel AP/GS
0-2 Warrior 110k 7/3/3/8 Claw, Jump Up AS/GP
0-1 Hellcat 150k 6/5/2/8 Loner, Claw, Frenzy, Wild Animal S/GAP

Re-rolls: 50k

I made this team to get a loved one interested in Blood Bowl (They love cats), and I wanted to put them into the Blood bowl world somehow (hence the brief background).

They are basically fast human types. The Runners would play more of a rugby toss game down the field while the Blockers and Hellcat chew through the line to keep the numbers.

Let me know questions/concerns. What do you think?

Reason: ''
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Feline Team (Nehekharians)

Post by Moraiwe »

You haven't mentioned how many players of each type you're allowed.

Have you got miniatures picked out for the positions?

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

I'm thinking fast combined with reasonably high armour is a bit much tbh. You have Human Linemen there with a move boost for 10k

The blockers as well, they look like they would turn into amazing players, a single double for block, and the rest is all normal.

The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Hurricane »

I edited to add position numbers.

I have not found specific models yet. I am open to suggestions, but I am looking at a couple different options.

The Linemen were costed like that because wood elf Linemen are 70k for +1AG -1AV (based off my Linemen), and to me Agility is worth more than armor. Hence the drop of 10k.

As for the Blockers I can see your point. I think I would like to make them AV 8 as well. A little less durable, but still deadly when standing. They should be a fouling target at all times.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Rather than guess at the costs, use the formula in the "Create your own team" post that stickied on the sub-forum (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38335).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Hurricane »

I've read it. The movement cost is the only thing I didn't agree with. Why should a 7/3/3/8 player cost 70k which is the same as a 7/3/4/7 player? To me Armor should not be worth the same price as Agility on a starting player. I was also under the impression that those Formulas were more of a guideline than hard set rules to create a team?

Is there anything wrong with costing a player with a 7/3/3/8 stat line at 60k?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well it's cheaper than what other teams would pay, so yes. You've given the team a 10k discount on the most numerous player.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Hurricane »

Well let's say I make the Linemen an Agility type. 6/3/4/8 70k. I will give him +1MA (10k for Agility types instead of the 20k for Basic player types). Now he's 80k. I want to give him -1AG, but I can't because it's not an option in Agility player types, but in the basic player types -1AG is -20k. Making this player 60k. It's not interchangeable, and the additions and subtractions to cost don't add up for Linemen type players. It's just arbitrary in my opinion, which is why I interpreted those Formulas as guidelines for creating a team.

I changed the price of my team none the less. The Runners should cost 110k and the Blockers should cost 100k, so in whole the team is getting a 20k discount.

Thanks for the input guys!

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

It's worth recalling that player types have limitations which is one of the reasons they aren't interchangeable in that manner. Since Agile types can't have -AG they are always AG4, and since Blocker types can't have -ST that means they are always at least ST4. Since the same team cannot take AG4 and ST4 players that means no team can have both player types, and that kind of thing has an effect on the costings.

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

I have recommendations for miniatures. I hate most Slann figures so I decided to use cat figures.
http://alkemy-the-game.com/shop/categor ... ategory=25
Suleman Ghulam 1 are my blitzers (tiger stripes)
Malikh Meharist 2 are my catchers (cheetah print)
Malikh Meharist 1 are lineman (black panther)

I picked my big guy from a different source
http://shop.zenitminiatures.es/product. ... product=21

As for the roster. . .
I agree with the 70k linecat cost.
I think this team is more expensive to have all the positionals than any other race. Starting stats/skills are cheaper than earned ones. You are getting more bang for your buck in the long run.
Very expensive teams, usually end up very powerful at high TV. This doesn't look like an exception.
In online CRP play, this team would cause problems with CPOMB + offensive speed. Without recycling to get the perfect players, it isn't too bad. Lack of G access is the only thing that keeps it balanced in my mind. With BB2016 redrafting rules, I would be more comfortable with the roster.

I might try to drop armor to lower the costs and for long term balance.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The Hurricane wrote:Well let's say I make the Linemen an Agility type. 6/3/4/8 70k. I will give him +1MA (10k for Agility types instead of the 20k for Basic player types). Now he's 80k. I want to give him -1AG, but I can't because it's not an option in Agility player types, but in the basic player types -1AG is -20k. Making this player 60k. It's not interchangeable, and the additions and subtractions to cost don't add up for Linemen type players. It's just arbitrary in my opinion, which is why I interpreted those Formulas as guidelines for creating a team.

I changed the price of my team none the less. The Runners should cost 110k and the Blockers should cost 100k, so in whole the team is getting a 20k discount.

Thanks for the input guys!
As a footnote ... it is definitely a far far cry from arbitrary. A given type of player belongs in a given type of team. So no ... its not arbitrary. Cyanide and GW asked for a player creation set of rules from me years ago when I was in charge of the CRP for the consideration of possibly doing the ability to create your own team to be used in the game (which never happened and eventually they agreed that it was okay for me to release these rules to the public that I had developed for them).

I spent many many hours working through that system. Its definitely not arbitrary. It is a very systematic approach to creating a balanced Blood Bowl team ... not a single player ... a TEAM (which is the real important part). Yes ... not all teams in Blood Bowl can be built with those rules ... but if you follow them ... you have a much much higher chance of your team being balanced from the beginning than if you leave them.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

In terms of cats ... Impact! makes a Cheetah and a Lion FF player.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers