Taking the same skill multiple times

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Taking the same skill multiple times

Post by Milo »

Going back to an idea from 2nd edition, what if you could take certain skills multiple times? These could be notated as "Dodge (2)".

For instance:
  • DODGE: Taking a second or third iteration of Dodge would allow you to re-roll multiple failed dodges in a turn. Less effective in multiples than a single iteration, but could be useful on players who only have AG access.
  • MIGHTY BLOW: Mighty Blow (2) would allow you to add +1 to both armor AND injury rolls. You could not add +2 to either roll.
  • DIRTY PLAYER: See above, but for fouling.
  • ACCURATE: Allows you to add +2 to the Passing roll.
Perhaps this should be capped at 2 instances. Are there other skills that could be duplicated in this way? Sure Feet, perhaps? Maybe allow extra instances of Sprint?

Reason: ''
Milo

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Taking the same skill multiple times

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I honestly believe this is added layers of complexity to an already complex board game.

I personally like to see things that streamline the game while making it the same or more fun. This does not feel like that to me.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I certainly concede that point. But this is a forum for "New Concepts", which I think extends to house rules for people who may have grown somewhat bored of the status quo. But is it BALANCED? I think expending two skill choices to get functionally the same benefit as the original 3rd Edition Mighty Blow isn't a game-breaker. (Actually, still not as good because I think the original MB could be used on fouls too.)

Milo

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Milo wrote:I certainly concede that point. But this is a forum for "New Concepts", which I think extends to house rules for people who may have grown somewhat bored of the status quo. But is it BALANCED? I think expending two skill choices to get functionally the same benefit as the original 3rd Edition Mighty Blow isn't a game-breaker. (Actually, still not as good because I think the original MB could be used on fouls too.)
As a house rule I'm not opposed to it. My league the MBBL2 used to have skills that you could get only after you had other skills first so the concept is very similar.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers