my Werewolf idea....

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

HOORAY ... I was able to successfully program in a dugout transformation for any Were player into the PBeM software after messing around with team balance I finally went with 5+ which will yield between 5 to 6 weres on a full 16 man roster ... about right for position players on a high strength team (see Chaos).

I'm very happy with this ... thanks for the thread gken1 ... now to see how they do this season ... Season 1 they didn't do so great with the lay down on the field method. ... but an automated dugout change .. much simpler ..... curious to see how they do.

Galak

Reason: ''
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Trambi, be sure to come back and let us know what you think.

-Chet

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

As soon as i can see the new rules for Vampire team (Vampire counts team) i'll give my opinion :smile:

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

About were team of Galak i don't know if it's a good idea to have is the same team werewolves, werecats ...
For gen1k why break tackle ? :?: Mighty blow : i can understood but break tackle is a mystery for me. :?:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

The 2nd edition fluff talks about Werecats, Werewolves, and Werebears playing Blood Bowl (page 34 2nd ed Star Players hardcover) ... there is no indication as to whether or not these players are always on seperate teams or whether they occassionally mix. Mixing in just a few .... its only 0-2 Bears and 0-2 Cats just adds some flavor to the team.

Break Tackle is easy ... in 2nd edition Werewolves had AG 4 but negative modifiers to catch and pass .. the AG 4 was mostly used in 2nd edition for Dodging ... which means that Weres were as good as Elves at dodging .. but were horrible at ball handling ... easy translation .. AG 2 with Break Tackle ... this is a very true translation.

Galak

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

there are references to werewolf teams: IceCastle Wolves and Westside Werewolves

I found one reference to werebear team:
Kishargo Werebears.

So I would say that they are different teams that would be allyable.

werecats are just mentioned briefly...no significant teams.

I think Galak has a starting point for werebears but don't think they should be slower in bear form....bears are actually quite fast if you do your research. I would propose MV 5 in human form and MV 6 in bear form

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Don't like messing with the baseline human form ... also yes Bears are very fast ... on all fours ... how fast are bears at walking when they rear up on two legs ... not very ... Most of the movement of Werebear is going to be this upright shuffle walk that Bears do when on two legs ... I have no problems with the MA 5. My wife is works at the zoo in Animal Sciences ... I watch whatever she does on TV at night so that means Sex in the City, Arliss, Six Feet Under, any new movie on HBO, Iron Chef, Friends, ER, Survivor, and the default channel if none of those are on ... ANIMAL PLANET!!!!! So I'm pretty willing to stand firm on MA 5 for the Werebear, gken1. :wink:

Galak

Galak

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

thx Galak :wink: