2nd ed Chaos Dwarf team name

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Name for the chaos dwarf roster?

"True" Chaos Dwarfs?
8%
Black Dwarfs? (Their original name)
33%
Khazarid (or something, the name the "normal" dwarfs call them in their language)
25%
Something else?
33%

Total votes: 12

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Galak, I would be very interested in seeing the firethrower rules. I remember reading that in the 2ed Star Player book (a CD team could take 2 firethrowers, but thought it was a misprint and they ment throwers). Also wondering where these rules for firethrowers came from.

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:I've editted the mutations list (I copied it out wrongly). Should I remove RSF? And if yes, replace it with what? Another "no usable" or another choice? I want to avoid adding a VLL into the list.
Hypnotic Gaze and Regeneration despite being RCs now .... were abilities that 2nd ed Chaos Dwarves could get from the random roll.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Torg wrote:Galak, I would be very interested in seeing the firethrower rules. I remember reading that in the 2ed Star Player book (a CD team could take 2 firethrowers, but thought it was a misprint and they ment throwers). Also wondering where these rules for firethrowers came from.
I made them up. See that text came from a copy and paste from a WFB article (no proof of this call it a gut instinct).

The rules for WFB Firethrowers were in White Dwarf #110 ... which I own.

So if you wanted to include one with the new SW rules it would look like this (assuming you are using the MBBL revised SW rules from BB Mag):

Code: Select all

Name:  Firethrower
Cost: 40k
Penalty:  7+
Special:  Player has -2 MA and -1 AG while equipped with the Firethrower
Races allowed:  Chaos Dwarf

Rules:  Very few Chaos Dwarves are crazy enough to strap on the Firethrower tank.  The brew of oil and other flammable liquids is extremely unstable and the lives of Firethrowers is normally measured in minutes after they take the pitch with one.   Normally Firethrowers are two man teams, but the Chaos Dwarves have invented a one shot version that can be strapped to the back of a player.   Once per a drive, the Firethrower may use the weapon to throw a Fireball.   Throwing a Fireball is treated just like a pass action with the football (including modifiers for Foul Appearance, Range modifiers, and Tackle Zones) except that it doesn't use the pass action and cannot be Pass Blocked, Intercepted, or Caught.  If an inaccurate result scatters it into the crowd it is not thrown back in.   If an inaccurate or accurate thrown fireball lands on the pitch, it will explode just like a Wizard's Fireball spell centered on the square it lands in.  If the MODIFIED pass roll is a Fumble, the unstable mix of chemicals in the tank explode!   Treat this as if a Wizard's Fireball spell has been cast with the Firethrower's square as the target square.  However, the Firethrower automatically makes a CASUALTY roll from the damage caused to him.    If the Armour of the Firethower is ever broken from an Armour roll, the Tank explodes with the exact same results as a Fumbled Pass.
There you go.

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Those are interesting rules, I have nothing against having a wider variety of SW to choose from. I think regular dwarfs need more of a choice (remember the killdozer from 2ed?) too.

GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Torg wrote:Those are interesting rules, I have nothing against having a wider variety of SW to choose from. I think regular dwarfs need more of a choice (remember the killdozer from 2ed?) too.
Yup ... the MBBL2 has a Killdozer for the Dwarf team.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Mutation table ediited to remove RSF and add H.Gaze and regen.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And I was always under the impression that Firethrower was just a typo from thrower, which 2nd ed drawfs had?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:And I was always under the impression that Firethrower was just a typo from thrower, which 2nd ed drawfs had?
Yes 2nd edition Dwarves had a Thrower position. But the Firethrower rules for WFB came out at the same time as 2nd edition BB. Like I said when typing up the Chaos Dwarf rules, someone probably cut and pasted from some WFB material and forgot to delete the WFB reference to Firethrowers.

Its a blink and miss it type thing. The Firethrower rules were introduced with only a one page article in WD #110.

Galak

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re:

Post by Bakunin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Torg wrote:Galak, I would be very interested in seeing the firethrower rules. I remember reading that in the 2ed Star Player book (a CD team could take 2 firethrowers, but thought it was a misprint and they ment throwers). Also wondering where these rules for firethrowers came from.
I made them up. See that text came from a copy and paste from a WFB article (no proof of this call it a gut instinct).

The rules for WFB Firethrowers were in White Dwarf #110 ... which I own.

So if you wanted to include one with the new SW rules it would look like this (assuming you are using the MBBL revised SW rules from BB Mag):

Code: Select all

Name:  Firethrower
Cost: 40k
Penalty:  7+
Special:  Player has -2 MA and -1 AG while equipped with the Firethrower
Races allowed:  Chaos Dwarf

Rules:  Very few Chaos Dwarves are crazy enough to strap on the Firethrower tank.  The brew of oil and other flammable liquids is extremely unstable and the lives of Firethrowers is normally measured in minutes after they take the pitch with one.   Normally Firethrowers are two man teams, but the Chaos Dwarves have invented a one shot version that can be strapped to the back of a player.   Once per a drive, the Firethrower may use the weapon to throw a Fireball.   Throwing a Fireball is treated just like a pass action with the football (including modifiers for Foul Appearance, Range modifiers, and Tackle Zones) except that it doesn't use the pass action and cannot be Pass Blocked, Intercepted, or Caught.  If an inaccurate result scatters it into the crowd it is not thrown back in.   If an inaccurate or accurate thrown fireball lands on the pitch, it will explode just like a Wizard's Fireball spell centered on the square it lands in.  If the MODIFIED pass roll is a Fumble, the unstable mix of chemicals in the tank explode!   Treat this as if a Wizard's Fireball spell has been cast with the Firethrower's square as the target square.  However, the Firethrower automatically makes a CASUALTY roll from the damage caused to him.    If the Armour of the Firethower is ever broken from an Armour roll, the Tank explodes with the exact same results as a Fumbled Pass.
There you go.

Galak
Did the Firethrowers become bombardiers?

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: 2nd ed Chaos Dwarf team name

Post by garion »

I did this a while back, basically the same-
https://fumbbl.com/help:BlackdwarfT

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: 2nd ed Chaos Dwarf team name

Post by Darkson »

That's a very impressive necro... :roll: