Skill Idea Archive: Passing

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Skill Idea Archive: Passing

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
inspired by the "is it time for some new skills?" thread in general chat, I thought it would be great fun to hear what kind of crazy ideas for new skills you've got! I'm starting a thread for each skill category.

These threads are not meant for discussion, (we can do that later), but simply as an archive of ideas.
So: If you've got any good ideas, or if your league is already using a homemade skill, this is the place to share it with everyone else. :D

1 skill per post please :)
Martin

Reason: ''
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Perfect Spiral:
"Declare that you're using this skill prior to making a pass roll. This skill confers an additional +1 modifier on any attempt to catch or intercept the pass."

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hardball:
"When this player attempts a pass roll, then the range is treated as the shorter range (rather than the longer) if the intended recievers square touches a divider on the range ruler. This skill may be used with Dump-Off."

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Scuttle:
"When this player has declared a pass action, then he may use any remaining MA (and go-for-its) after he has passed the ball. Naturally, he is not allowed to keep moving if the pass resulted in a turnover."

Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

I like Scuttle alot.

Blitz Pass (Passing Skill)
This skill allows the player to perform a Blitz and a Pass in the same action. No other player may use the Blitz action or Pass action that turn.

-Balrog

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I like both Scuttle and Blitz Pass, but the latter needs to be reworded to make it less powerful:

Blitz Pass (Passing Skill)
This skill allows the player to perform a BlitzPass action. This uses both the blitz and pass actions of the team for that turn.
The player may move up to his MA, then throw a block (one square of movement is required and used for that), continue movement and finally make a pass. Passes made during a blitz pass action are made with an additional -1 modifier.
If the player has the Scuttle skill too, he can continue movement after the pass and is allowed to change the order of the pass and the block: i.e. move-pass-move-block-move or move-block-move-pass-move instead of move-block-move-pass.

Better.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

AS pointed out in another one of these threads, the "one idead per post, no discussion" idea isn't popular, so I'll leave the above stuff alone, BUT from now on if you want to add an idea, send me a PM and I'll put it in this post, and discussions can run on in the following posts. OK?

Should keep everyone happy...I hope...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Dark Lord came up with a HMP-fumble recovery skill on another thread. I thought it needed a little more power, so here is "my" version:

Fumble Recovery (passing skill):
Whenever this player makes a pass which results in a fumble, he may roll a d6. On a 2+ the player retains possession of the ball - even though the turnover still occurs.

Martin :)

Circular_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Circular_Logic »

I would never take this.. because if I roll double-ones for a fumble, then the following 1 for the recovery is next to sure :-?

Früher hasste ich es zu Hochzeiten zu gehen. Tanten und großmütterliche Bekannte kamen zu mir, pieksten mich in die Seite, lachten und sagten:"Du bist der Nächste." Sie haben mit dem Scheiss aufgehört als ich anfing, auf Beerdigungen das gleiche zu tun.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Fumble a long bomb on a 1-3...

Still, I don't like it. Would prefer a skill that said you only fumble a pass on a natural one (i.e. before mods).

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

"Fake it" or "Dummy"
This skill is aimed at drawing the pass blockers out of position. The player with this skill declares a pass, selects a target, allows passblockers to move into position an then anounces the pass was a fake. The player may then continue moving although the team's pass action is still counted as used.

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
Sixpack595
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Sixpack595 »

Pump fake.
duff wrote:"Fake it" or "Dummy"
This skill is aimed at drawing the pass blockers out of position. The player with this skill declares a pass, selects a target, allows passblockers to move into position an then anounces the pass was a fake. The player may then continue moving although the team's pass action is still counted as used.

Coach better, cry less.
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

That's a nice idea but I think it might need some work, the pass blocker will have a good idea that you are using the skill and will only have to move the pass blockers if he wants to.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
reservoirelves
Experienced
Experienced

Post by reservoirelves »

How about this?

Pump Fake: When a player with this skill throws a pass, opponents with Pass Block move D3 squares instead of 3 squares.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Or have to make a roll to use pass block at all. Make it like safe throw only with pass block.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.