Skill Idea Archive: Physical

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

FLYING HEADBUTT:

This player is a suicidal blocker, and uses his head to best effect. Most of the time anyway.

This skill may be used as part of a BLITZ action. The player must move at least 1 square. The attacking player gets a two dice block on the victim player regardless of strength. This is reduced to a one dice block if the victim player has two or more block assisting players (Normal assist rules apply). Regardless of the result of the block the attacking player is layed face up. A D6 is rolled on a 5 or 6 the attacking player is face down PRONE. Roll for injury on victim player, ignoring armour roll.
*The victim has been smacked direct in the head not a normal block per se.

Reason: ''
"In Dodge We Trust"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

did someone perform this on you to come up with that suggestion? ;]

i think its horribly broken and over the top silly

datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

We have extra arms and extra head, so why not...

Mutation:
Extra Leg(s). When declaring a move or blitz action, make an agility roll to get +2 MV for that turn.

DG_Slider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DG_Slider »

Ok here are some from my old league. Yes, they are inspired from second edition but have been updated to try and capture the feel of the recent LRBs. Most of these are league skills so may not necessarily be practical. I am thinking of combing Temporal Instability and Teleport to come up with a fun and risky skill.

Gelatinous Form (Mutation)
The player body has turned soft and spongy. As such, even the most powerful blow seems to be simply absorbed. This player cannot have his injury roll modified in any way.

Obese (Mutation)
The player is extremely fat and his excess layers of lard make running a little troublesome. The player may not take Go For It steps (cannot take Sprint).The player’s extra mass does help him against opposing blocks. The player is immune to the effects of Grab and Wrestle.

Temporal Instability (Mutation)
Before taking an action with this player, roll a D6. On a 3 or more, the player moves 1d6+1 squares the direction of the scatter template. The player ignores tackle zones and does not have to dodge. This move replaces his normal movement allowance. If he appears in a square occupied by an opposing player, he immediately pushes back the opponent; using normal push back rules (even with stand firm due to the surprising nature of the attack) and performs a block (this could result in 2 push-backs). If occupied by a teammate, just push back the player to an unoccupied square as normal. If the mutant scatters out-of-bounds, he is injured by the crowd as normal and causes a turnover.

-Slider

"Remember light travels faster then sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Slimy

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

another great idea i have this evening, hehe:

Slimy (M):
The player has a secretor for slime, that covers parts of his body with green/brown (whatever) slime.
If the player is blocked or blitzed and he's knocked down after he's been pushed (so no Both-Down results), he may choose to slide one more square in the same direction, if the square is empty. If the square is not empty, he can't use his skill.

Greetz,
gan

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Third Leg

This skill allows the owner to apply -1 to their opponent ST calculation upon being the target of a blitz.

sort of like reverse Horns. A bit like Double Dauntless was in the MBBL2

Was inspired when I was looking at the colour pictures of the 2ed Chaos Dwarf reference sheets for their Blitzers

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Fondu77 »

voyagers_uk wrote:
Third Leg

sort of like reverse Horns.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I expected someone.... I did think Hoomin would beat you there.... Oh well.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

Quite sure homin would have made a comment :smoking:

Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Skill Idea Archive: Physical

Post by Blackhoof »

"Wings": The player may avoid tackle zones. However if he does so he must roll as if he had "Go for it". In addition to this if the player is thown by a team mate, he may choose to re-roll either the scatter roll for where he lands, or the landing roll it's self. the player must choose to re-roll one of the other and cannot re-roll both in the same turn.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

OK - please elaborate. I didn't understand the first half at all.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blackhoof »

Ok plasimoid, we tested this at our club and it does work well.

1)Move. 2)May choose to move past player avoiding tackle zones (don't know why I put the dodge bit in,I will edit it out)
3)But the player must roll as if he is "Going for it!" so if he fails he could injure himself.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

So anyone dodges on a 2+ basically? :o

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blackhoof »

Hmm... How about the player earns the no hands, to repersent his arms being wings instead(doom-diver) skill that should balance things out so...

"Wings": The player may avoid tackle zones. However if he does so he must roll as if he had "Go for it". In addition to this if the player is thown by a team mate, he may choose to re-roll either the scatter roll for where he lands, or the landing roll it's self. the player must choose to re-roll one of the other and cannot re-roll both in the same turn. The player also earns the no-hands skill, that would make him primally for blocking purposes and not ball carrying.

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

Necro I know but this thread is still valid after all.
Thought about this one a long time ago :

Very Long Arms
This player got extra inches of upper limbs.
A player with this skill can pick up a ball in an adjacent square.
Normal modifiers still apply.