Skill Idea Archive: Agility

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Skill Idea Archive: Agility

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
inspired by the "is it time for some new skills?" thread in general chat, I thought it would be great fun to hear what kind of crazy ideas for new skills you've got! I'm starting a thread for each skill category.

These threads are not meant for discussion, (we can do that later), but simply as an archive of ideas.
So: If you've got any good ideas, or if your league is already using a homemade skill, this is the place to share it with everyone else. :D

1 skill per post please :)
Martin

Reason: ''
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Dirty Tackle (Agility Skill)
This player is highly skilled at tackling opponents to the ground in a very painful manner. When an opposing player fails a dodge roll after leaving this player's tackle zone he receives +1 to the armour roll or +1 to the injury roll.

-Balrog

Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

I know this thread is kinda old, but i had another idea.

"The bigger they are...", agilty trait only available to stunty players.

This player has learned to cope with oppponents that are much stronger than him, and he knows how to take em down. Therefore whenever he's blocked by a stronger opponent he gets to choose the block dice as long as the other player doesn't have that skill himself. I think this could offer some great tactical options for stuny teams, although i never used this skill, so it's all just theoretical.

cu, Candlejack

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Sounds awfully powerful. Maybe it could only be usable if the blocker was throwing 3 dice? The defender could cancel out one of the dice after the roll was made.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
roysorlie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by roysorlie »

Inspired by the starplayer Erik Kantona (Some previous publication, don't remember which)

Agility Skill: Dropkick. A player with this skill may "dropkick" an opponent. Whenever this skill is used, a single block dice is thrown. regardless of player strengths. Neither player counts as having block.

Strength skill: Bullrush. Whenever a player with this skill makes a block during a blitz action, he "bullrushes" his opponent, pushing hiim two squares backwards, instead of the normal one square. Players with stand firm are pushed back one square. The "bullrushing" player must follow up two squares. ((possible addition: this requires two MA)

Passing skill: "Throw a rock". A player with this skill, may pick up a stone on the pitch, and throw it at an opponent. He must make a pass action as normal to succed. The rock counts as a st 2 attack with block. If the player also has Strong arm, it counts as a st 3 attack. The opponent can call the ref on the attack, and the player throwing the rock will be sent off on a roll of a 6. (this of course uses up your pass action for the turn)

I could make up heaps more if you like :)

Roy

Norwegian National Tournament Organizer.

Coachname [url=http://fumbbl.com/~SnakeEyes]SnakeEyes[/url] on [url=http://fumbbl.com/]fumbbl.com[/url]
NAF member 187
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

roysorlie wrote:Inspired by the starplayer Erik Kantona (Some previous publication, don't remember which)

Agility Skill: Dropkick. A player with this skill may "dropkick" an opponent.
You could use this in the coaching staff as well! Look at Louie van Gaal with his karate demonstration. One of you're coaches is so fed up with the REF he kicks him of the field. Count your coaching staff as one less but you get to foul without throwing a roll to see if your player is sent of for the rest of the match! (Or something like that) :smoking:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Agility Skill: Evasion

If you are Blitzed by an opponent who moves at least one square before making the block, you can make an attempt to evade his assault. Throw a dice. On a 6 you can evade your opponent by dodging away. Make a dodge roll as normal. You may not reroll any of these rolls!

The Blitzer can still finish up his movement but has wasted his Block Action. :smoking:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

This is one of Galaks I believe:
Stiff Arm: When this player is at the recieving end of a blitz, his strength is increased by +1 for the purpose of working out the block.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Roll (Agility skill):
When this player fails a dodge, leap, go for it or landing roll he does not suffer an armor roll, (he is still knocked over though).
Furthermore, if this player is fouled then subtract 2 from the armor roll.

Martin :)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

plasmoid wrote:This is one of Galaks I believe:
Stiff Arm: When this player is at the recieving end of a blitz, his strength is increased by +1 for the purpose of working out the block.
Basic idea but the wording is a little different than that:

Stiff Arm - This player is skilled at pushing a would be blitzer off with a stiff shove. If an opponent has moved at least one square and then blitzes this player, the player with Stiff Arm may apply -1 ST to the blitzer(minimum ST 1). This skill may only be used once a turn and is applied before other strength modifiers (such as Dauntless and Horns).

Its an Agility skill.

Galak

Circular_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Circular_Logic »

plasmoid wrote:Roll (Agility skill):
When this player fails a dodge, leap, go for it or landing roll he does not suffer an armor roll, (he is still knocked over though).
Furthermore, if this player is fouled then subtract 2 from the armor roll.

This way, wardancers will live forever... no foul, and no death because of GFIs... no way to get rid of them...

Früher hasste ich es zu Hochzeiten zu gehen. Tanten und großmütterliche Bekannte kamen zu mir, pieksten mich in die Seite, lachten und sagten:"Du bist der Nächste." Sie haben mit dem Scheiss aufgehört als ich anfing, auf Beerdigungen das gleiche zu tun.
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

General skill Tip Ball: This player has worked long and hard on the practice pitch on the "tip" drill. When a player with this skill is in a positon to intercept an accuate pass he may also tip the ball to an inaccuate result. The modifier to tip the ball is -1 on the agility table.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Bifi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bifi »

Agility Skill:
Balance

The player may re-roll a failed landing roll after a leap or being thrown.

Circular_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Circular_Logic »

may I attempt a Tip AND a intercetion?
Or if a human can intercept and he has the skill, will he catch on a 6 and tip on a 3-5??

Früher hasste ich es zu Hochzeiten zu gehen. Tanten und großmütterliche Bekannte kamen zu mir, pieksten mich in die Seite, lachten und sagten:"Du bist der Nächste." Sie haben mit dem Scheiss aufgehört als ich anfing, auf Beerdigungen das gleiche zu tun.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Blammaham,
you posted a general skill in the agility skill archive.
Circular logic, please discuss/comment the suggestions on another thread. Otherwize, the actual skills will drown in comments.