Skill Idea Archive: Agility

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Divert

Post by gandresch »

Hi (and one more),

Divert (A):
The player knows how to handle a bouncing ball and how to take advantage of such situations.
If a bouncing ball enters the square of the player with the Divert skill, he may choose to use the skill instead of catching the ball. Use the throw-in template to choose the direction the ball will continue to scatter. The player does not make a catch roll during this situation.

Greetz,
gan

Reason: ''
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

JUKE
A player with this skill is an expert at dodging away from the grasp of opposing players. The player with JUKE makes a dodge roll as normal ignoring any effects of Diving Tackle, Tentacles, or Prehensile Tail.

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

daloonieshaman :
JUKE
A player with this skill is an expert at dodging away from the grasp of opposing players. The player with JUKE makes a dodge roll as normal ignoring any effects of Diving Tackle, Tentacles, or Prehensile Tail.

gandresch:
Divert (A):
The player knows how to handle a bouncing ball and how to take advantage of such situations.
If a bouncing ball enters the square of the player with the Divert skill, he may choose to use the skill instead of catching the ball. Use the throw-in template to choose the direction the ball will continue to scatter. The player does not make a catch roll during this situation.

In the last two pages, only these grab the imagination firmly (the others are fine, just these two stand out)....

:blue: *sitting in the pub, crying in your beer, drunk mode* :blue:

This is what I'll miss as the LRB closes.... No more fan generated additions....

Here's to a GREAT, if inadequate and flawed, run where the fans at least had an input at improving a dodgy product! I'll even spill a bit for the BBRC and NAF....

LRB FOREVER!!!!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Re: Divert

Post by SillySod »

Gotta say I dont like Juke because its a straightforward canceling skill. Canceling skills should have more subtlety to them.
gandresch wrote:Hi (and one more),

Divert (A):

Greetz,
gan
This is an excellent skill suggestion although a little weak on its own - maybe it could be part of the grab skill or something similar.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

I'd like Divert better as a General skill on some of the more pathetic (i.e., Ag2/1) players... and maybe allow to deflect a pass/interception from your square...(?)....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

JUKE:
there are a lot of skill canceling skills
the most famous is strip ball v/s sure hands

Oxynot
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxynot »

My first impression on Juke is not positive, since it seems to power super players most. Like souped up Gutter Runners and like. If you can't get them knocked out, they'll go where they damn well please. But I guess they do it now anyhow :)

But that is just my gut reaction, I'd be happy to hear who this skill is intented to.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

after reading your response I realized that I have not taken everything into account.

JUKE
This player is an expert at breaking away from the defense. JUKE cancels an attempt of any player attempting to Shadow him

(seems more appropriate and much like football)

stormmaster1
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stormmaster1 »

but shadowing is weak, so why would you bother.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

If it cancelled shadowing and diving tackle, that might be enough. Still allows tentacles and PT to work (go chaos, nurgle, underworld, and lizards) and also allows old tried and true tackle to work.

Boromir_of_Gondor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Boromir_of_Gondor »

How about something like (just my take on the wording):

(Juke but I think my name is cooler :) )NIMBLE:
A player with this skill is skilled at avoiding the defense, and as such players may not use the Shadowing or Diving Tackle skills against them.

Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Skill Idea Archive: Agility

Post by Blackhoof »

"Roll" A player with this skill is an expert at slipping past the oppenent at just the right moment, leaving the crowd in awe and other players in confusion of what had just accured.The player may roll under the player if me makes a succesful dodge roll. If the roll is sucessful, place the player on a square directly behind the opposing player. However if the roll is failed then the player who made the action is knocked down and must make a armour roll(as for blocking)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

So - almost like leap - except you can only move in a straight line?
aaaand, you do it like a dodge roll - does that mean TZ modifiers and dodge skill.
Way too much like leap for my taste.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blackhoof »

plasmoid wrote:So - almost like leap - except you can only move in a straight line?
aaaand, you do it like a dodge roll - does that mean TZ modifiers and dodge skill.
Way too much like leap for my taste.
What would you suggest changing?

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

To be frank, I think there is too little uniqueness in this skill to warrant it's existence
Not to be mean or anything.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead