Brettonians and Kislev

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Should Fanatic split the Human race into sub-divisions? (Empire, Brettonian and Kislev)

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 26

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Longshot: I don't think Chaos should be included in human teams...

But it's a fact a looooooooot of humans rosters exist:

Humans (Off).
Amazons (Dodge, Off).
Norse (Block, Off).

Fanatic only add some touches to the first human roster... Highly curious to see how it will be with Bretts. BTW? Thadrin, about your rostert... I don't see interest, except the fact of having specific minis (you will play it like an orc team). I'd rather the idea of having less "strenghen" knights but with specific skills... and more human linemen (speed). It's just my opinion.

But I will add 2 rosters to the three official:

Nipponeese team (Thadrin: OK for Sumo, Samouraï, Linemen... But what about Ninja, which is really specific ? It's not a thrower)... Erm, OK, the main reason is I just have received my Nipponees team... Not enough ? :P
Bretonnians team: for a lot of reasons...
Werewolves, but not really humans...

Kislev don't have my interest, to be true.

Reason: ''
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Thadrin, about your rostert... I don't see interest, except the fact of having specific minis (you will play it like an orc team).

Oddly, it will play almost exactly like and orc team.

I believe this was the point. Why add new rules for the sake of flavour when you can add flavour with some nicely converted (or newly released) miniatures and existing rules.

Besides which, I think it would be facinating to see how a team like that would be played. The very fact that the models are representing Brettonians could well influence the coach's attitude regarding skill selection and playing style.

Marcus

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Marcus, I should understand your point of view... But I still think a bigger choice in team roster is better, especially when you're running in a league for years. Of course, the problem is when you've started to build one team, and another one, and another one... you may have in your league only "weird" teams, and not main ones. In the last season I ran in my league, there were bastards of chaos, nipponeese, 2 savage elves (even if I found it really beardie... But no one want to listen that :cry: ), ... and no high elves or wood elves for example.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

so everybody is ok? no new human team concept but more minis.
So why does the poll is 9 yes and 6 no?

vote NO!!
:)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

TiMuN: If you are looking for some cool alternates for Chaos Dwarfs, get a box set of Warhammer Dwarfs and a box of Chaos Warriors. Just put the CW heads on the Dwarfs and putty on some beards and they look just like the old style Choas Dwarfs! And meaner looking than the silly hatted variety ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

As for themeing, Fanatic is starting to do some of this sort of thing with the Nurgle's Rotters Chaos Warriors. I only saw pictures of the greens but they looked pretty cool.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I did vote no.

DFC - Ninja have throwing stars, grappling hooks, blowpipes and stuff, so why shouldn't they be pretty good at hitting targets and throwing stuff? I'd prefer a catcher type, but such a roster doesn't currently exist. The only one with Catchers and no throwers is the Undead. WAAAAAAAY too many problems there though (regeneration, raise the dead, no apothecary...)

New Rosters are fun and all that, but they're unnecessary for the most part, if people just put a little thought in. I tried writing up a Brettonian roster. It came out looking like a variant of the Chaos team. Any new team should bring something new to the game, and I have yet to see a Brettonian team that does that without being superpowered.

You want Knights with Stand Firm etc. Fine. Go get the SPPs and doubles rolls. Start your team off with a standard roster and let them grow.
Don't foul etc.

I really don't think we need a huge number of new teams. God knows some of the ones there are don't get used enough (remind me how many High Elf teams were at Ressurection?).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

:puke: Vote No :evil:

Just kidding, :D

I like the idea :?: of just coming out with alternate mini's. But, doesn't GW have some strange rule about having rules for mini's before they produce them?

Although I don't think that more team rosters will hurt the game, if they're balanced, ask Galak. His league seems to be doing just fine with all those teams.

p.s. Galak, I have no background on Kislev. Are werebears common in Kislev, or would a trained bear be more common? I know your teams are well researched, but was just curious.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I may have not explained well my point of view...

I'm really fond of new teams rosters, and would be happy to have 1/ More minis, and more minis which would grow up my unpainted collection 8) 2/ More teams Rosters, for a match, or a shor tournament... So I vote YES.

BUT...

When running a league, I found sad the fact of having toooo much alternate races... especially when the current leagues has between 8 and 16 players (not a lot as PBeM Galak league).

If the rosters already exists, even if under another form (Bretts> orcs), I don't find it really interesting... A league including 2 orcs teams, and a Bretts team > 3 orc-type teams, whereas a league with a human, an amazons and a norse team isn't a league with 3 human-type league (don't know if I'm clearer than before ?)

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

I agree with you, DFC. Using another teams roster doesn't really add anything to the game. But, that's the problem. You almost have to create new skills and traits when creating a new team (especially sub-sets, like Bretts or Kislev), so they have a different feel then any other. And there's the catch 22, because the skill you create becomes available to other teams and then possibly makes other teams too powerful with skill combo's that weren't intended for that team. Not to mention just keeping the new team from being too powerful.
I hope this makes sense.
JT

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

DFC: Chaos, this is because of 2ND ED Background that i put them into human, but ok, let them take out of humans.

in my league we propose 19 Team Races:
1.Orcs
2.Skavens
3.Elfes Noirs
4.Hauts Elfes
5.Gobelins
6.Halflings
7.Elfes Sylvains
8.Chaos (only one team not 4)
9.Nains du Chaos
10.Contes Vampires
11.Ogres
12.Hommes Arbre
13.Minotaures
14.Norsca
15.Hommes Lézard
16.Humains
17.Tombes de Khemri
18.Nains
19.Skavens/Gobelins

I think it is enough for the moment, each team can brings something to the game (exept Treeman i guess) and they are quite balanced (exept Treeman.... :) )

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Betonnians and Kislevite already have a team list, it's called "Humans" ;) So now Fanatic can make all the minis they want! :lol:

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I like the idea of just coming out with alternate mini's. But, doesn't GW have some strange rule about having rules for mini's before they produce them?

Yes, GW has such a rule: "A rule for every model, and a model for every rule." I find this sensible rather than strange, as it means you don't have rules out there for which no modeling opportunities exist. (Heck, even conversions "work" with this rule, I think.)

That said, Fanatic could very easily release Kislev or Brettonian models with no extra "rules" beyond "use the Human roster." The models would have a matching rule. The same paradigm applies to the Nurgles Rotters greens unveiled at Resurrection: the "rule" in question is the Chaos Warrior statline.

Cheers!

-Chet

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

In all my years of playing since Third Edition came out, I've led the following teams through lengthy campaigns:

* Orcs
* Undead
* Lizardmen
* High Elves
* Amazons

That's only five teams out of fifteen. I've also enjoyed abbreviated stints with Halflings, Humans, and Chaos Dwarfs.

Even if you play four seasons a year, and a new team every season, it would take you four years to cycle through all the teams! I can't for the life of me imagine why you'd need more teams "just to give old hands something new to try." My guess? They haven't tried everything already!

-Chet

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:Personally I think we have enough teams as it is, I'd rather just see alternate minis for standard team lists. Bretonnians and Kislevites would be wicked and I would buy teams if they were available but I would only use the human team list (just as I have done with Phil's Divine Wind minis). If people want to use house rule lists that is more than cool with me!
according to some guy named phil (whoever the hell he is), most people report using his samurai minis as alternate orcs with great personal satisfaction... seems to me like that roster does in fact translate well to those minis... he certainly didn't have it in his mind what their bloodbowl use would be when he made them...