Brettonians and Kislev

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Should Fanatic split the Human race into sub-divisions? (Empire, Brettonian and Kislev)

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 26

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i like the idea of the team roster Half Orc but should we change it a little about kickers? that s all.
i believe you about the playtest, but do you think it needs to be updated or no?

Reason: ''
Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Tiberius
Rookie
Rookie

New to this board and all that

Post by Tiberius »

But playing in league with the Venomous Breath, in which I have been playing Undead, but know I want to move progressively along to Brettonians. Mainly because no-one else is playing them. Although we have had Norse, Human and Amazon. Having yet to play a Brettonian team I'm not going to blow the old horn about what they should and shouldn't have (although I do think the Questing Knights are a bit hideous :D )

What I will comment on is that although it is Bloodbowl a lot of roleplaying occurs throughout the game (as reflected in a lot of comments on the board (especially regarding other human teams)) and that to me is an important factor of the game.

In that respect yes other human teams should exist, they give the coach a lot mor escope for having some fun (French accents and the like for those f us not French) asnd so on and so forth.

Thats my piece

Stephen

Then I ate some rotten berries, man did I have some bad gasses eeking outta my butt that day
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

I enjoy having the extra human teams in BB. They add alot of character to the game and give coches the chance to play a team that they can enjoy. What I don't like are the various skills and ability changes used to create these teams.
My preference would be for ALL human teams to start out with exactly the same stats and skills as the standard human team, BUT each variation would have access to a unique star player, different big guys and would have different skill choices.

So basically you have a human team:
list all the human rules from the handbook here.
PLUS

Amazons:
blah blah background text ;)
All amazons can access agility skills.
Big Guys - Amazons can use 0-1 Kroxigors (or Treemen depending on what is deemed more "real")
Amazon Star player - stats for star player

Norse:
All Norse can access strength skills.
Big Guys - Norse can use 0-1 Minotaurs (or Ogres depending on what is deemed more "real" )
Norse Star player - stats for star player

Kislev:
All Kislev can access physical mutations on doubles.
Big Guys - Kislev can use 0-1 Ogres (or maybe a special Werebear)
Kislev Star player - stats for star player

Bretonnian:
All Bretonnians can access xxxxx? skills.
Big Guys - Bretonninans can use 0-1 Treeman (or Ogres depending on what is deemed more "real" )
Bretonnian Star player - stats for star player

these are just some thoughts straight off the top of my head. They are not realy worked through, but I feel that something similar to this would be a much better solution than adding totaly new team types. It is then up to the coach to play the team according to it's fluff. A little roleplaying improves a game of BB a great deal.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Alright, how about this for a Kislev team:

0-12 Linemen: 6 3 3 7 Sidestep (50K) Gen.
0-2 Throwers: 6 3 3 7 Sidestep, Pass (70K) Gen. Pass.
0-2 Elites: 8 2 3 8 Dodge, Sidestep (90K) Gen. Ag.
0-4 Blitzers: 6 3 3 7 Sidestep, Block (90K) Gen. Str.

Since Elites are the most forward going and dangerously placed players. it was decided to protect them better than the rest of the players. I wouldn't allow them to have allies.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice