just an idea

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Don Khan
Rookie
Rookie

just an idea

Post by Don Khan »

i try to made a team based on star wars, for the moment it is like that :

Star Wars Team

0-2 Jedi Knight 6 3 4 7 spell caster lvl1 (Gen, Ag) 80k
0-2 Princess 8 2 3 7 dodge (Gen, Ag) 80k
0-2 Wookie 4 4 2 9 (Gen, Strg) 80k
0-4 Ewoks 5 2 3 6 dodge, stunty, right stuff (Ag) 40k
0-4 Body Hunter 6 3 3 8 block (Gen, Strg) 80k
0-8 Rebel 5 3 3 8 (Gen) 40k

Big Men
0-1 Hut 100k 1 5 1 9 throw team-mate, foul appearance, stand firm, take root

no ally, re-roll 70k

The spell for the jedi knight is : telechinesis :

3+, when the ball is landing, this spell make the ball fly up to the 7 squares.

Secret Weapon : 1 Jedi can have a Laser-Sword :

7+ : act like a chainsaw without having to roll to start.

what do you think of it?

Reason: ''
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Funny but Hut shoudnt be in this team.
U should make the impire team list too and afterthis, it could be a cool game to do :)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

That's "BOUNTY Hunter," not "BODY Hunter."

Though sometimes it's the same thing ;)

-Chet

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Yeah, this is a cool idea!!!!

Maybe split it into two teams. The Republic and the Empire.

Republic:
Princess, Wookie, Ewok, Rebel, Jedi Knight

Empire:
Bounty Hunters, Stormtroopers, Dark Troopers (see Dark Forces video game), Stith Knights

And both teams can have droids.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

It's an unbalanced roster team for me, due to the fact you've got 2 AG4 players and 2 ST4 players. With your Princesses and yours Ewoks, which seems to be a little bit as human catchers and goblins, it should be a too-hard team to beat !!!! :o :o :o :o Try to imagine a human roster, combined to 2 black orcs, and 4 goblins... And I don't talk about your 4 orcs blitzers...

Definitively unbalanced. 8 linemen, for 14 special position players.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Have to agree with DFC incredibly unbalanced with a mix of strength 4 and Agility 4 players in a mix of 14 positional players. Is potentially a win every game without trying.

It could never see light in a normal BloodBowl game, but if you combine it in a 1 off game against a republic or dark side team then it might be fun.

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

forget about balance, this is a fun team roster not to play really,
i also seen a team roster for Zodiac Knight one, really unbalance, but funny

Don Khan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Don Khan »

ok with all of you it's unbalanced, but i'm working on it...
i just try to imagine a fun team (and now 2)

but not unbalanced cause of : "a mix of strength 4 and Agility 4 players", cause a lot of team can have this finally (ex: dark elfes with Harpy)

but sutely cause of the 14 positionnal players...
maybe it will be better when i'll have splitt them in 2 teams...

for the moment i'm thinking at the light side's big-men, that could be :

0-1 Master Jedi 5 3 4 7 spell caster lvl2, Impress, May the force be with you! (Gen, Ag) 150k

Impress would be like "Hypnotic Gaze".

with may the force be with you a skill like "bless", but can't find a negative skill.

Don Khan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Don Khan »

last version :

Star Wars Teams

* Rebels *

0-1 Young Jedi Knight 6 3 4 7 spell caster lvl1 (Gen, Ag) 100k
0-1 Princess 8 2 3 7 (Gen, Ag) 80k
0-2 Wookie 4 4 2 9 (Gen, Strg) 80k
0-2 Droids 5 2 1 6 Free Module, Nonball Handler (General, Special : as Bots in the ROBOT Team) 20k
0-4 Ewoks 5 2 3 6 dodge, stunty, right stuff (Ag) 40k
0-8 Rebel 5 3 3 8 (Gen) 40k

Big Men
0-1 Master Jedi 5 3 4 7 spell caster lvl2, Impress, May the force be with you! (Gen, Ag) 150k

May the force be with you! : can give the skill "Bless" to a standing team-mate. It's a free action.
Impress : like Hypnotic Gaze.

Ally : none, re-roll 50k

The spell for the jedi knight is : telechinesis :

3+, when the ball is landing, this spell make the ball fly up to the 7 squares.

Secret Weapon : 1 Jedi can have a Laser-Sword : cost 120.000

7+ : act like a chainsaw without having to roll to start it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Dark side *

0-1 Hut 1 5 1 9 foul appearance, stand firm 100k (Gen, Strg)
0-2 Stith Knights 6 4 3 8 spell caster lv1 (Gen, Strg) 100k
0-2 Bounty Hunter 6 3 3 8 block (Gen, Strg) 80k
0-2 Dark Troopers 4 4 2 10 (Gen, Strg) 90k
0-8 Stormtroopers 5 3 2 9 (Gen) 50k

Big Men
0-1 Emperor 4 4 4 8 spell caster lvl2, feel the dark side! 150k (Gen, Strg)

feel the dark side! : One a drive : An Opponent touch by the emperor makes an agility roll, if failed : the opponent is playing for the other team during the drive.

Ally : none, re-roll 50k

The spell for the jedi knight is : Lightning Bolt

Secret Weapon : 1 Stith Knight can have a Laser-Sword : cost 120.000

7+ : act like a chainsaw without having to roll to start it.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I've got to step in here .... a lot of teams can have a mix of AG 4 and ST 4 ..... uh uh ... I strongly disagree with all my heart and energy.

The list even in the MBBL2 is very very small.

Let me quickly respond to that as AG 4 with ST 4 is one of the biggest no no of all time if you are actually trying to create a balanced team.

Here are the teams with AG 4 and ST 4 in the MBBL2:

Daemon-Slaanesh: Four ST 4 Chaos Warriors ... 2 AG 4 Daemonettes. (Downfall: You can only have the Daemonettes on the field if you also have a spellcaster on the pitch. Daemonettes die from being Badly Hurt or Seriously Injured and cannot be apothecaried. Killing the spellcasters also kills all the Daemonettes).

Dark Elves: Two ST 4 Harpies .... everyone else AG 4. (Downfall: In almost every match at some point, the Harpy will either run into the crowd (crowd injuries cannot be apothecaried) ... or will block one of your own players (and he has Claw so it could really hurt) - (both of these events will be turnovers)).

Vampire - Lesser Counts: 12 Vampires with AG 4/ST 4. (Downfall: the Vampires all have OFAB).

Vampire - Lahmians: 4 Vampires with AG 4/ST 4. (Downfall: The vampires cost 160k each with only 2 other positional players the team basically lives or dies on the back of only these 4 expensive players).

Vampire - von Carsteins: 4 Vampires with AG 4/ST 4. (Downfall: Vampires cost 160k each, only 2 other positional players, the entire team only has access to General skills).

Evil Gits: Four ST 4 Black Orcs and 2 AG 4 Gutter Runners (Downfall: At the end of every game, the team rolls a D3 ... that many random players receive immediate Serious Injury rolls).

Fimir: Four ST 4 Fimir Nobles and four AG 4 Lesser Daemons (Downfall: You can only have the Lesser Daemons on the pitch if you have a Dirarch spellcaster on the pitch at the same time. Lesser Daemons have daemonic aura, any Badly Hurt or Serious Injury will kill them. Killing the spellcaster also kills all the Lesser Daemons).

Halloweenies: 6 possible ST 4+ players and then on top of those 6 - two Vampires (ST 4/AG 4). This team is an undead variant that I love. Instead of Skeletons and Zombies .. only Zombies. Instead of Wights you have Werewolves. Instead of Ghouls, you have Vampires. Finally instead of 2 Mummies, you have a Mummy and a Frankenstein Monster. (Downfall: The Werewolves are only ST 4 33% of the time, and the Vampires all have OFAB).

Mongrel Horde: AG 4 with ST 4 teams are possible. (Downfall: its also possible and very likely to get an entire team of Hobgoblins/Goblins show up for the match).

Nipponese: Two AG 4 Ninja with two ST 5 Sumos. (Downfall: The team has no Big Guy access, these 4 positional players are very expensive (each 110k or more). Team has no access to passing skills .... bottom line to me is that I've long felt that a straight human team is better than the Nipponese roster).

Robot: AG 4 with ST 4 teams are possible. (Downfall: the player cost .... in BB2k1 it is almost impossible to develop a highly successful Robot team.)

Wild Cards: AG 4 with ST 4 are possible. (Downfall: 33% of your players die when you purchase them. Getting AG 4 players is VERY difficult).

Out of the 76 team rosters allowed in the MBBL2, only 12 have access to AG 4 and ST 4 roster player teams. I've spent over a year doing team analysis in order to balance the teams in the MBBL2 as much as possible. In fact, I even wrote an article about it which if you are really trying to build a balanced team, you might want to read:
http://www.midgardbb.com/NewBBTeamBuildingGuide.html

The bottom line is Don, that almost any team with AG 4 and ST 4 on the same roster is probably not balanced in any way. The 12 teams with this mix that I allow in the MBBL2 all have very serious downfalls to allowing this very dangerous mix in. Virtually all rosters that mix AG 4 with ST 4 that get sent to me to possibly add to the MBBL2 for playtesting get thrown out almost immediately.

Just wanted to make sure that my position on this point was clear, since you are using the MBBL2 rosters to try to prove that AG 4/ST 4 teams are okay. As league commish of the MBBL2, I would strongly disagree.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Don Khan wrote:ok with all of you it's unbalanced, but i'm working on it...
i just try to imagine a fun team (and now 2)
but not unbalanced cause of : "a mix of strength 4 and Agility 4 players", cause a lot of team can have this finally (ex: dark elfes with Harpy)
but sutely cause of the 14 positionnal players...
with may the force be with you a skill like "bless", but can't find a negative skill.
Just a note about your reply: Hapies weren't official. The only official team with AG4 and ST4+ is wood elves, with the treeman... and it has a negative trait.

BTW, 10 special players is still a high number... in a "normal" roster.

But if you're thinking about an idea only for fun, with an unique opponent team, it's not the same...

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

princess mustnt be that fast i think.
she should be 6 Ma, not Doge but Leader.

I dont like those droid that cant take the ball.

telechinesis: 7 square?, this is a lot and 3+ not enought, i would go for 4 square and 4+...

Jedi master: AV 8

Feel the dark side should be a 4 square distance and a 5+ i think. or happens only if the emperor hurt a player.
Or may be like necromancien, if a player died, take it to your team roster

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Galak: you replied when I was writing ;) As usually your explication was the best. Nothing to add ;)

But maybe we have to consider Don idea as a "closed" match between empire and rebel forces... so, balance must exists onlty between the 2 team rosters...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Oh I have no problem with two fun rosters to be played against other.

However, Don took the position that AG 4 and ST 4 was fine because a few teams in the MBBL2 have the combo. Given that I'm one of the most vocal voices on the BBC that ST 4 with AG 4 is almost NEVER okay together, I could not sit back when Don used my league as his example base against a principal that I feel very strongly about not allowing.

Just for the record, I don't think Don was attacking the MBBL2 or me or anyother such nonsense. Just he saw one example of AG 4 with ST 4 on my site and thought it nullified the AG 4/ST 4 argument. Just want to clearly state the flaw in that logic.

Galak

Don Khan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Don Khan »

i take note of all you're suggestions, and i must admist that my roster seems really unbalanced at the 2nd look...

i like the idea from Longshot for the princess 'princess mustnt be that fast i think.
she should be 6 Ma, not Doge but Leader."

good idea, give a lot more personality

for the 4 steng and 4 ag players...light side has only one jedi with 4 ag (and only 6 MV and 7Av, so is not so strong), and 2 wookie with 4ST, 2 black orcs is not overpowerred i think?

i really don't know in fact, i'll look to your guideline to build new team, Galak, and i'll try to adapt my roster

evrey sugestions are welcome!

may be i should had a few negative skills?

for the droids, they can handle the ball after a few boosts.