Troglodytes take 2

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cthulhu
Rookie
Rookie

Troglodytes take 2

Post by Cthulhu »

I have worked a bit on the troglodytes roster, made changes from the comments I got, and here is the result

Qty_|____Title____|Cost|MA|ST|AG|AV|_______Skills & Traits_______|Allowed Skills
================================================================================
0-12|Lineman______|60K_|7_|3_|4_|7_|Blind, Prehensile Tail_______|G_A_____Ph____
0-4_|Blitzer______|70K_|7_|3_|3_|8_|Blind, Block_________________|G___S___Ph____
0-2_|Pest_________|90K_|8_|2_|4_|7_|Blind, Dodge, Shadowing______|G_A_____Ph____
0-2_|Runner_______|110K|8_|2_|4_|7_|Blind, Dodge, Leap, Horns____|G_A_____Ph____

0-1_|Cave Basilsk_|120K_|9_|3_|4_|8_|Big Guy, Blind, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Dauntless, Dodge, Leap|G_A_____Ph____

==New Traits==
Blind(Negative) : -2 on all attempts to pass, catch, pick-up or intercept the ball.
Eyes(Physical) : Negates the Blind trait.

The Basilisk may need some work, but I like the idea of a ST3 wild animal.. makes playing him very different than other big guys in my opinion.

And do you think the team would be too weak without anyone with sure hands and an effective AG2 to hold the ball?

Reason: ''
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I think the eyes possibility should be removed, as was already proposed by someone else. Also, the linemen should cost 70k if they remain as is (they're equivalent to wood elf line-elves), the blitzers increased to 90k (they're equivalent to human blitzers), and the pests should be 80k at most. Finally, why physical access?

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Zombie wrote:I think the eyes possibility should be removed, as was already proposed by someone else. Also, the linemen should cost 70k if they remain as is (they're equivalent to wood elf line-elves), the blitzers increased to 90k (they're equivalent to human blitzers), and the pests should be 80k at most. Finally, why physical access?
All these guys are blind. Why would you cost them at the same as the equivalent that CAN see?

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The lino's get Pre Tail, so I think that balances out the blind, so as Zombie says, 70k.
Blitzers - hmm, compromise at 80k
Pests - Leave them at 90k

All this on the provisio that even if you keep the eyes (which I think should go, as it negates their weakness), you lose the physical access. If not, then those will probably need to go up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Asperon Thorn wrote: All these guys are blind. Why would you cost them at the same as the equivalent that CAN see?
Perhaps because they have Prehensile Tail and access to Physical Skills?

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I think the main reason for the phys access is to allow the eyes. Perhaps just allowing the eyes and no other phys.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Anyhow, I think that team is absoutely superfluous. Apart from the fact, that a basilisk should have Petrify, it somewhat resembles the infamous Unicorn.

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Mirascael wrote:Anyhow, I think that team is absoutely superfluous. Apart from the fact, that a basilisk should have Petrify, it somewhat resembles the infamous Unicorn.
Well, I think the idea is to have fun with it, rather than to round out the game as a whole. Give the poor guy a break.

Very good point about the petrification, though. Maybe you could just use Hypnotic Gaze? The stone chips away really fast. :)

Also, how do you feel about taking Dodge away from the Basilisk. Give him something to get once he gets that second skill and makes that starting list of skills look a little less like the OED.

Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

BadMrMojo wrote:Give the poor guy a break.
I do, I do!
I just can't see why anyone should be obsessed by the idea of a Troglodyte-Team!
BTW, does the Warhammer World include Troglodytes?

Cthulhu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cthulhu »

Here is the reason I came up with this team idea.
Leap is only good for players with at least AG4. But these players are also very good with the ball.. Elf teams can use any player as thrower or catcher with good chances of success.
I wanted to create a team with players who could leap easily, but not do pass-catch plays like elves. That's where the blind trait comes into play.
So, starting with the goal of great leapers, I made runners with AG5 and ST2. This way they would be very good to leap or dodge, and less than average with the ball. I thought that would be a strong but balanced player. These were to be the core players of the troglodyte team.

I downgraded the runners because some said they would be too strong with AG5 even if they are blind.

Blind was originally to make it so there AG5 players wouldnt be too strong. Then I thought it could be good to apply to a whole team.

So what I am really trying to create is a player that can leap easily (and dodge) without being superhero with the ball. I think that this is a small gap in the game that can be filled with the blind trait here.

I created the Eyes because I thought it would be a good physical, but not too strong because I figured not enough players would get it and make the whole team too good with pass-catch plays. And I thought it could be fun for this team to be able to take physical. But it's not necessary, the eyes and ability to take physical can go without affecting the team I'm trying to create.

What do you think about what I am trying to achieve? How would you do this?

The other players are my suggestion for a team where the runners-leapers would fit in.
Your comments about the prices are correct, they should be changed.

A note about the basilisk. My inspiration was the real basilisk lizard, and not the mythical creature. Basilisk are sometimes called "Jesus-lizards" because they are so fast, they can run on their hind legs over water for short distances, and they are very agile.
Now about his stats.. I do think his list of starting skills make him very powerful. But at the same time, he has ST3 and wild animal, which makes it easy for the opponent to have him overpowered at the beginning of the turn (and big guys cant use rerolls) and cause a turnover. On my opinion, this weakness compensates the skills he starts with.
I would like feedback about this, tell me if my reasonning about the power/weakness of the basilisk is correct.

los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

Well I must say I like the idea of a troglodyte team!!! And if you can just fix a few problems, then they can be pretty funny to play!! But I would advise you to play test them!! And I would like to see the option eyes to be removed, if one of them throws a double they become very good players!!!

LOCO
Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

one question! WHy give a wild animal dodge or leap? I can see they kinda make sense, but not much use! I understand it can run around when not starting beside anyone but still!

Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The chances are the majority of this team will have Eyes sooner or later, it would (probably) be the automatic choice on a double.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

Darkson wrote:The chances are the majority of this team will have Eyes sooner or later, it would (probably) be the automatic choice on a double.
I agree that's why I would get rid of the eyes skill!! Then you can make a fun team!! A blind team!!!

LOCO
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Personally i want u guys to start making the rolls for my advances, i have never gotten enough to say most of my team, or even half.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.