WEREWOLVES?!?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

Big Guys...need 12 SSP to advance
0-6 Werewolves (120K)
MA: 7
ST: 4
AG: 2
AV: 8
General, Strength Skills
Skills: Revert*, Razor Sharp Claws, Foul Appearance

0-12 Unturned Humans (50K)? Human Lineman Cost
MA: 6
ST: 3
AG: 3
AV: 8
General Skills
Skills: Changling*

*Revert: If a player with this skill is stunned(meaning opponent breaks armour and fails to injure or knock-out) on the field, he is turned into an Unturned Human for the rest of the drive. Roll a D6, on a 6 player stays as a Wolf.

*Changling: Player becomes a Werewolf on a doubles skill roll. May exceed 6 total werewolves on team as long as the number of original wolves does not exceed 6.

Allies: Norse, Dark Elf, Hobgoblin
These are not your normal allies. They have been bitten by a werewolf and this is responisible for them being here. Before the match roll a d6. If a 1 is rolled, roll again. If another 1 is rolled the "ally" dies from wounds inflicted. On a 2+ the player misses the first drive in fear of another attack.

Are affected the same way as the Norse team on Blizzard weather rolls

Any thoughts?

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Humans are undercosted, they need to pay for changling potential 60K? Limit Werewolves to 6 overall, maybe give them Frenzy or WA instead of foul app; and bring down the cost to 100K, 110K?
Re-rolls 70K?

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Maybe you should take chars. from human in vampire teams with low armor (changing while wearing human size armor should hurt them, so they shouldn't wear it) and increased cost due this changling trait.

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

Okay so change the AV on the lineman to 7...

I did limit the number of werewolves to six, but more can be had if you roll doubles with a changling.

I wanted to make a big guy that was different from the same old Minotaur. I gave the Werewolf -1ST, and some extra movement. I wanted to stay away from the WA/Frenzy skill, but I think I gave him a pretty nasty negative skill in revert. All you have to do is break his armour and he is a non-factor for that possession. How much more negative can you get from that.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I just don't like the idea of putting 7 (or even 8!) ST 4 MA 7 players on the pitch, esp. with foul appearance. Potentially overpowering, don't you think? Maybe allow more than 6 on the roster but only 6 on the field at once?

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

why do they even need Foul Appearance? doesn't really fit if you ask me... FA is supposed to be for ugly and stinky things!

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Yo...WESTSIDE!! :smile:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I allow a Werewolf team in my league based on converting the rules from the team from 2nd edition.

That team is:
# Position Cost MA ST AG AV Skills Traits Skills Available
0-12 Werewolf 70,000 6 (7) 3 (4) 3 (3) 7 (8) None (None) Slow Change (Frenzy, Woof Woof) General, Special*
0-2 Werecat 80,000 6 (8) 3 (3) 3 (3) 7 (7) None (Dodge, Leap, Sure Feet, Sprint) Slow Change (Frenzy) General, Agility*, Special*
0-2 Werebear 80,000 6 (4) 3 (5) 3 (2) 7 (8) None (Bear Hug) Slow Change (Frenzy) General, Strength*, Special*

Rerolls:
In addition, a Lycanthrope team receives one free re-roll when the team is created. This re-roll does not add to the team rating.

New skills:
Bear Hug: Instead of making a block, a player with Bear Hug can choose to crush his opponent within his powerful arms. Both coaches should roll a D6 and add their player's strength (counting assists). If the attacking player rolls higher than his opponent, make an armour and injury roll for the defending player as normal (no modifiers allowed to these rolls). If the Bear Hug player fails to break the armour of the opponent, nothing happens. If the armour roll is successful and a Stunned result is rolled for the injury, the opponent is placed stunned in the square they were in (ie no push back). If the defending player is removed from the field due to injury, the attacking player may not follow-up. Bear Hugs may not be used if the player has moved (ie not as part of blitz action).
PBeM rule change: Instead of both coaches rolling a D6, the coach with Bear Hug will succeed with using this skill if he rolls equal to or greater than (4 + opposing player's Strength stat + # of defensive assists - Bear Hug player's Strength stat - # of offensive assists).

New traits:
Slow Change: Instead of performing any action during his turn, a Lycanthrope player in human form can be placed prone on the field. This signifies that he is metamorphosing into his were form. At the start of your next turn, the process will be complete, and his stats will change to reflect those in parentheses on the team list. He will also gain any skills also in parentheses. This does not cause a turnover. While the player is prone, he is treated like any other prone player, and must spend 3 points of movement to stand up. Players revert to their human form at the end of the drive. This is a negative skill that can be changed to Psyched Change on doubles on the star player roll. In order to keep track of the difference between prone players and players you have placed prone for Slow Change, use a coin or marker to identify players that are changing. In addition, you must use different figs for the players in human form and player is were form.

Psyched Change: The player lathers himself into such a frenzied rage while in the locker room that he takes the pitch in were form. The player may start the first drive of each half (not overtimes) in were form. All other drives during each half and overtime are played as if the player had Slow Change. This negative skill may be removed on doubles on the Star Player roll. If this skill is removed the player will always play in his were form.

Woof Woof: Skeletons killed by this player may not regenerate. The player is placed in the reserves box for the remainder of the match if he kills a Skeleton.
If a Treeman is on the pitch, roll a D6 before taking an action with this player. On a 1, the player must move towards the Treeman until adjacent (this is not optional). If the player is adjacent to a Treeman, roll a D6. On a 1, the player may take no further action that turn. This is a negative trait that can be removed on a doubles for the star player roll.

Advance:
Special: Instead of making a star player roll, any Were can take the skill Mighty Blow which will only be available to the player when in were form.
On doubles, Lycanthropes can take the skill Razor Sharp Claws (only available in were form) or the trait Regeneration (usable in both human and were forms). Weres can also change Slow Change to Psyched Change or remove one of the Psyched Change, Woof Woof, or Frenzy traits on doubles.
Weres receive the benefit of any General skills or stat increases in any form. Strength skills taken by the Werebear or Agility skills taken by the Werecat are only available in their were form. Weres also receive the benefit of any special skill learned from a doubles roll in any form (i.e. Passing skills for all 3, Strength or Agility for Werewolves, Agility for Werebears, or Strength for Werecats)

Special Team Rules:
Any player a Were manages to kill while in his Were form can be inflicted with Lycanthropy. Once per game, a Lycanthrope Coach can attempt to take a freshly deceased opposing player into his team. Roll a D6. On a result of 1, the corpse managed to resist the lycanthropic disease; on anything else, the Lycanthrope coach can add a free player of whatever position managed to cause the death to his team roster. This player starts with 0 SPPs and the basic stats of a new player of his position regardless of what skills he might have had prior to his infection. Note: that this ability can ONLY be used on players killed while in direct combat with a Were - players who are killed by the crowd, failed go-for-its, or blundered dodges are immune, and only living humanoids can be exploited this way (no were-halflings, were-mummies, or were-trolls). You must have less than 16 players to accept this new player and you can never exceeded the maximum number of allowed players of a given Were type.

Allies:
The Lycanthrope team can have one allied player from each of the following teams: Chaos, Chaos Beastman, and Vampire

The Lycanthrope players will also play as allies for the following teams: Chaos, Chaos Beastmen, Human, Norse, Undead, and Vampire.

Apothecary:
Normal rules.

Head Coach:
Normal rules.

On Pitch Spellcaster:
A Lycanthrope spellcaster starts with the spell, Taming the Beast.
Successful Result: A player already in were form can play as though he did not have the Frenzy trait. This spell lasts until the next Kick-off.
Failure Result: The player gains the Wild Animal trait until the next Kick-off.
Range: Any player in were form on the pitch
Succeeds on: 2+

Stadium:
Lycanthrope stadiums are bathed by magically harnessed moonlight even during the daytime. After long term exposure to this, the were change is easier for a player. For Lycanthrope Stadium home game, after both teams have been setup at the start of the second half, but before kickoff, roll a D6. On a 6, a random D6 were-players on the field in human form are converted to wereform immediately without going through the Slow Change process. The converted player is allowed to stay upright from this change.

Secret Weapons:
The Lycanthrope team may not use secret weapons.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I worked with Milo at http://www.thenaf.net to create this team. So far in league play, the team is fun but not overpowerful.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Unfortunately, http://www.thenaf.net still appears to be down, apart from the option of subscribing to the mailing list. Is bloodbowl.net the only on-line source of the Oberwald?

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

The Oberwald is hosted at Bloodbowl.net so as far as I know it was/is the only source for downloading. Does anyone happen to have a copy on their computer?

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I thought I had, but apparently not. :sad:
Try a new thread that's not under 'Werewolfs'! :smile:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I haven't read all rules for weres in Galak's post, I think are too many rules and I think it should be much more clearer and easy to read & to play with (I think this is blood bowl philosophy). And about this comment posted that tells having 6 st4 mo 6 on the pitch is overpowering, please look at lizards :wink: (although its true, they have less ag).

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

On 2001-07-16 17:12, Anthony_TBBF wrote:
The Oberwald is hosted at Bloodbowl.net so as far as I know it was/is the only source for downloading. Does anyone happen to have a copy on their computer?
I have it, and you can get it at Tom Anders site.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Ancalagon said he wanted an easier to use Were team. Looking for a simple version, here you go and it is still VERY firmly linked to BB history of the team.

That team is:
# Position Cost MA ST AG AV Skills Traits Skills Available
0-16 Werewolf 70,000 6 (7) 3 (4) 3 (3) 7 (8) None (None) Slow Change (Frenzy) General

Rerolls:
60,000 (one free re-roll when team is created)

New traits:
Slow Change: Instead of performing any action during his turn, a Werewolf player in human form can be placed prone on the field. This signifies that he is metamorphosing into his were form. At the start of your next turn, the process will be complete, and his stats will change to reflect those in parentheses on the team list. He will also gain any skills also in parentheses. This does not cause a turnover. While the player is prone, he is treated like any other prone player, and must spend 3 points of movement to stand up. Players revert to their human form at the end of the drive. In order to keep track of the difference between prone players and players you have placed prone for Slow Change, use a coin or marker to identify players that are changing.

Psyched Change: The player may start the first drive of each half (not overtimes) in were form. All other drives during each half and overtime are played as if the player had Slow Change.

Advance:
Special: Instead of making a star player roll, a Werewolf can take the skill Mighty Blow which will only be available to the player when in were form.
On doubles, a Lycanthropes can:
1) change Slow Change to Psyched Change
2) remove Psyched Change and stay in Were form all the time
3) remove Frenzy
4) gain Razor Sharp Claws
5) gain Regeneration.

Allies:
The Lycanthrope team can have one allied player from each of the following teams: Chaos, Chaos Beastman, and Vampire

The Lycanthrope players will also play as allies for the following teams: Chaos, Chaos Beastmen, Human, Norse, Undead, and Vampire.

Apothecary, Head Coach, Wizard:
Normal rules.

Secret Weapons:
The Lycanthrope team may not use secret weapons.

There ... since I've run a league team version of the full Lycanthrope rules as have my friends without thinking the team had two many rules, this version should be what you were looking for.