WEREWOLVES?!?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Hei galak, sorry if I sounded rude, just want to make it easy. I like the idea of having a scrimmage line of weres while all players behind them are prone trying to change or dancing break-dance (just kidding). I can imagine their enemy team thinking "what are they doing" and loosing blood on their faces as soon as they look what is getting up. Weres only should take care about dirty players teams...

Reason: ''
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't know if you have seen this before, but RalPartha makes a miniature called Weretiger that could be used as a BB Lychantrope player right out of the box.

[broken link fixed]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HakanBerg on 2001-07-24 13:40 ]</font>

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Hey Ancalagon,
No you were not being rude. There are a lot of rules for the Lycanthrope team, but thats because there were a lot of rules for the 2nd edition version of the team as well. The second posting of the team with 0-16 Weres is a more true translation of the 2nd edition team. Also there were Were teams in both the 1st and 2nd editions of BB. Both editions required the were to lay down to change. Milo was the first person to suggest that a 3rd/4th edition version of the team could lose that requirement on doubles, and play testing showed this made the team TOO powerful. Thus the inbetween Psyched Change was added. Its a fun team to player where you use the Bear or Cat or just the Wolves.

Hakan and all,
If you want to get a full Were team, check out Grim Reaper Casting. They had a really good Werecat (female fig, fig #1128 (She-Cat on the Prowl) $1.75 USD) and a great Werewolf Beserker (that could be converted to BB in 2 seconds with some metal clippers) (fig #1138 (Lycanthrope Beserker w/Axes) $2.75 USD). I caled Rich (the owner of Grim Reaper Casting and asked if they could make a Werebear fig that could be used with BB if desired) and he agreed, the Werebear fig was added to their fig list this month, so you can order your entire team from them and they have VERY reasonable prices. If you call and talk to Rich, you can tell him Tom Anders sent you (the main reason I ask for this is that it gives me more pull later when I call these companies back and ask them create other figs to fill in gaps in the BB lines.)
Grim Reaper Casting contact info:
2264 Baltimore pike
Oxford, PA, 19363
610-998-9277
FAX 610-998-9279
grc1991@brandywine.net

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's great Tom!
Now all I have to do is get the money, and convince my girlfriend that I _need_ another set of those small funny-looking figures that I play with all the time. :grin:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I had this idea...I posted it over in the Locker Room. Simplifies things even more.
-------------------------------------------
0-16 Werewolves 7-3-3-7 (razor sharp claws) (general, strength)
(someone with the cost formula work it out)
rerolls - 60 000

Only a few Humans and very well armoured dwarfs will happily ally with a team of wolves. Norse on the other hand think it's great fun to do so. Wolves may play on Dwarf, Human, Halfling, Norse and Chaos teams.

Werewolf Players may take the Frenzy trait as if it were (still) a general skill.

Special rule: losing the wolf.
If a Werewolf suffers a Casualty, roll a d6. on 4+ the player has reverted to Human Form, with stats 6-3-2-6
(representing lack of armour and unfamiliarity with playing in human form) for the rest of the game.

The player must also roll before the next game they play to "refind the wolf inside". If they do not score 4+ they may play in Human form as above. The wolf may continue to roll before each game, with a +1 modifier to each game they have been trapped in human form, though a 1 is still always a failure!
---------------------------------------------

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

No offense intended, but why play with a team with only 7/3/3/7 players with no skills. I'll get slaughtered.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Um...no skills apart from those razor sharp claws?
That is really more a couple of ideas to build on than anything else - I haven't tried it or anything. I was just trying to keep it wolfy, rather than adding werecats, bears, iguanas or whatever.

How about adding:
0-4 Werewolf Blitzer 7-3-3-8 RSC, Block.(Gen, Str)
0-4 Werewolf Fetcher 7-3-3-7 RSC, Catch (Gen, Agi)

Any better to you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thadrin on 2001-07-31 08:10 ]</font>

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

That most historically accurate Werewolf team would be:
0-16 Werewolf 80,000 6 (7) 3 (4) 3 (2) 7 (8) None (None) Slow Change (Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Break Tackle) General, Strength

If you want the really simple team this is it.

See the Werewolf team has been around for a LONG time.
Here's the quick history:
1st edition Death Zone - 1987
Werewolf team was:
Stat order was:
Movement/Combat skill/Throwing Skill/Strength/Toughness/Wounds/Attacks/Cool
Human form: 4/3/3/3/3/1/1/7
Wolf form: 4/4/2/4/4/1/1/5
Special rules: Had to enter the field as human, had to lie down for one turn to change, had to roll under Cool on 2D6 to not attack adjacent opponent.
The Human form was the same as the Human lineman from 1st edition. So that meant the Human form in 4th would be 6/3/3/8 with Slow Change .. the Wolf form had +1 Combat, -1 Throwing, +1 Strength, +1 Toughness, -2 Cool without a long discussion of translating 1st to 4th edition, the wolf form would be in 4th: 6/4/2/9 Frenzy.

Okay, moving to 2nd edition 1989 Star Player Hardcover rulebook for Blood Bowl:
The stats now are:
Movement/Sprint/Strength/Agility/Throwing/Cool/Armour
Human form: 4/+2/3/3/0/0/8
Wolf form: 4/+3/4/4/-2/-1/9 (Mighty Blow (level 1), Toughness (level 1), Woof Woof)
Special rules: had to enter pitch in human form, had to lay down for any entire turn to change forms, had to block adjacent opponents.

Now the Human werewolf form was identical to a Lineman from the Human team except for having one less point of armour so the 4th edition human would be: 6/3/3/7 Slow Change.
The wolf had +1 Sprint, +1 Agility, -2 Throwing, -1 Cool, +1 Armour so a 4th edition translation would be:
7/4/2/8 Mighty Blow, Break Tackle, Frenzy, Woof Woof

(Now I'd leave off Woof Woof as its just too much fluff).

Using the pricing formula a Werewolf player would cost 80,000.

So if I was Games Workshop trying to create this team as close to 2nd as possible this would be the team I'd create. If you wanted add some advancement rules, allow a Werewolf player to lose Slow Change, gain Razor Sharp Claws, or gain Regeneration on Doubles on his star player rolls. Set re-rolls at 60k and give them one free re-roll to start. Allow them Chaos and Norse allies and there's your team.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay, updated the full team rules to be much easier to deal with for this team:
Here is the link:
http://www.geocities.com/tanders001/MBB ... hrope.html

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Anyone seen Phil's phigs Werewolf- looks pretty sweet!!!

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I plan to allow the following VERY simple version of Werewolves in my next league:

0-16 Werewolf 70,000 6 3 3 7 Frenzy, Razor Sharp Claws

Re-rolls: 70,000 gold pieces each

Werewolves will get General skills ONLY. They can acquire other skills on doubles like any other player. (Tom - On thinking about it, I figured you were right, giving them Gen and Strength was going to be too much over the top.)

You'll notice a distinct lack of shapeshifting rules, as I simply assume the Werewolves change shape before the game and maintain that shape during the contest.

I've played this team in three matches thus far against basic Humans. The Frenzy trait makes the team somewhat difficult to play, as you can never be sure that you're going to be in position to pull off blocks later in the turn. Very entertaining for causing some casualties and roughing up the other guys, though, once you break AV.

-Chet

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Just ordered myself a Wilhelm Chaney :smile:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

sound good one, without a lot of new skills, i love this.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I like Acerak's Wolves. How about thrwoing in:
0-4 Werewolf Blitzer 7/3/3/7/Frenzy, Block, RSC (G) 100K

Sounds like a team that I could live with being in the rules.

One possible shapeshifting rule - very simple:
If the Werewolf is KO'd or worse, on returning to the game he will have reverted to human form and plays without frenzy or RSC.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

What about wereedgehog :lol: ???