Do You Have A New Skill Idea?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Shouldn't we get an ironclad definition of "loves polls" first? I'd hate to have somebody think the topic was about whether or not everybody loves poles.

Once everybody agrees on the definition, we can move forward into the poll which determines whether or not to do the poll.
Darkson wrote:They do? Maybe we need to start a poll on wheter everyone loves polls?

Reason: ''
Wosret
Experienced
Experienced
Location: Hiding behind my Mummy somewhere at the Dutch Scene

Re: Do You Have A New Skill Idea?

Post by Wosret »

Seems the links in the first post still point to the old website. ?!?

Tristelune
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tristelune »

begin to sorry for my english :D

I think to a skill for "landing" when you do a "jump" or "trow a team mate" Taht will be an agility skill.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

I think those links on the first page need updating.

keggiemckill
Rookie
Rookie

Post by keggiemckill »

I would like a skill opposite fend that forces an opponent to follow up a hit. Maybe add it to the grab skill. Call it drag, or pull.

The drunker I get, the more I spill!
garion

Post by garion »

keggiemckill wrote:I would like a skill opposite fend that forces an opponent to follow up a hit. Maybe add it to the grab skill. Call it drag, or pull.

check my thread called garion's CRP 2nd edition, it is in the house rules forum, I added a skill that does this I have called it Taunt. ;)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Taunt sounds more like a skill that forces any opponent in a tackle zone to block you. Needs careful wording, but may be cool. Something like

"This player goads his opponents into punching him, regardless of the odds. As the red rage descends, they feel they want to do nothing more than kick his head in. During their turn, any player in this player's tackle zone must declare a block or blitz action targeting this player unless he has already been knocked down or is removed from the player's tackle zone but another player blocking him first."

What do you think? If it's too good, maybe even things up by giving opponents a +1 foul bonus against him too - winding up opponents is a risky business after all!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Shteve0 wrote:Taunt sounds more like a skill that forces any opponent in a tackle zone to block you. Needs careful wording, but may be cool. Something like

"This player goads his opponents into punching him, regardless of the odds. As the red rage descends, they feel they want to do nothing more than kick his head in. During their turn, any player in this player's tackle zone must declare a block or blitz action targeting this player unless he has already been knocked down or is removed from the player's tackle zone but another player blocking him first."

What do you think? If it's too good, maybe even things up by giving opponents a +1 foul bonus against him too - winding up opponents is a risky business after all!
I like this, sounds fun an, but I think that it would need a roll dice to be equalize it's awesomeness. Make it an oposite to disurbing presence. Declare an action with the player standing on the TZ of a taunt player. Roll a dice. on a roll of 1, your action is wasted and you can only block the taunt player.

The other skill mentioned earlier could be added to grab instead. it kind of fits.

ssb

Post by ssb »

Update on the first page links...

Agility: viewtopic.php?t=6354
Strength: viewtopic.php?t=6352
General: viewtopic.php?t=6355
Physical: viewtopic.php?t=6353
Passing: viewtopic.php?t=6351

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

In our league I have inroduced a new skill - Grudge.

Basically if a player is injured due to a foul they can apply and automatically receive Grudge against the fouling player.

In future matches (or the same match if apothecary was successful) if the injured player with Grudge blocks (not the other way) the player he has a Grudge against he can re-roll the block die (dice).

I think it is a great thematic rule for campaign/league play.

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

celticgriffon wrote:In our league I have inroduced a new skill - Grudge.

Basically if a player is injured due to a foul they can apply and automatically receive Grudge against the fouling player.

In future matches (or the same match if apothecary was successful) if the injured player with Grudge blocks (not the other way) the player he has a Grudge against he can re-roll the block die (dice).

I think it is a great thematic rule for campaign/league play.

Michael
Does a Wardancer not have a Grudge against the entire division? :P

garion

Post by garion »

I love the idea behind Grudge. I think the implemntation is perfect yet. Could possibly be more interesting if that player holds a grudge against that race. So if fouled by a zombie they have some bonus against all zombies. Like a hatred.

I dunno, really just thinking out loud but there is definately something in that idea.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Garion - It seems most of our players forget to even record Grudge and the current rules for it are indeed narrow. In fact I think too narrow to make it even worth the effort. I like your suggestion to expand the Grudge to the race of the fouler. It would come into play a touch more often in our league. Especially as we have four human teams this year (seriously!).

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

New Skill idea: Carapace (M)

This player has developed a chitinous hide that's impervious to all but the most powerful of blows. When rolling against armour for this player, no modifiers may ever be applied for the armour roll.

Thoughts?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Already done with "Invulnerable" on Savage Orcs.

If such a skill were to come into this era of BB, though, I certainly wouldn't make it a mutation. General or Strength, I think - probably S. The fluff would need reworking, ofc, but the mechanic would fit best there I think.