Sisterhood of Blood Bowl

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

I posted this on BBCentral's Message Board (Don't know what's going on there- is it going down or what? anyway, I like this board better)

0-10 Novices (50k) 6 3 3 7 Side-Step
0-4 Sisters (70k) 6 3 3 7 Side-Step, Catch
0-4 Superiors (90k) 6 3 3 7 Side-Step, Block
0-1 Augor (125k) 6 3 3 7 Side-Step, Block, Leader, *Sigmars Blessing
0-1 Matriarch (130k) 6 3 3 7 Side-Step, Pass, Hail Mary Pass, Pro
50k Rerolls
NO ALLIES
NO WIZARDS
Apothecary uses Standard Rules
Gain Skills same as Human
SISTERS NEVER FOUL (*Honorable)

Matriarch is Player-Coach; needs to be on the field to argue call

*Augor can perform Sigmar's Blessing ONCE per game; (d6) on 3+ any NON-blocking dice roll recieves a +1 bonus. Lasts for one turn only and may be used by all Sisters ON THE PITCH.

SECRET WEAPONS: Sisters may only use Secret Weapons against Chaos and Undead teams, then their hatred for those teams justifies to them the use of Warhammers. A max. of 2 NOVICES may carry Warhammers(40k)(+10 Penalty Roll). Only Novices may carry Warhammers which give them MIGHTY BLOW.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I worked with a group of coaches several months ago over the course of 2 weeks on the Blood Bowl Mailing List to work up the rules for this team. This team is allowed in my league and is a good 2nd tier team.

The stats for the Sisters of Sigmar:
# Position Cost MA ST AG AV Skills Traits Skills Available
0-12 Sigmarite Sister 50,000 6 3 3 8 None None General
0-4 Sister Superior 90,000 6 3 3 8 Block Dauntless General, Strength
0-1 Augur 80,000 7 2 3 7 Catch Nerves of Steel, Pro General, Agility
0-1 Matriarch 100,000 6 3 3 8 Block, Pass Dauntless, Leader General, Passing, Strength

Rerolls:

Allies:
The Sisters of Sigmar will not take allies from or play as allies for any team.

Apothecary:
Standard rules

Head Coach:
The Matriarch is a player Head Coach. In order to Argue the Call, she must be either on the pitch or in Reserves. If she is ejected, she will miss the rest of the game.

On Pitch Spellcaster:
The staring spell for a Sister of Sigmar Spellcaster is Sigmar's Blessing.
Successful Result: Any non-blocking dice roll (one or two dice) made by any player on the team receives a +1 bonus. Examples would include Go for It, Catch, Pass, Block, Armour, Injury, Specific Injury, Picking up the Ball, Hand Offs, etc. This spell last for this turn only.
Failure Result: No effect.
Range: All of your players on the pitch
Succeeds on: 3+

Stadium rules:
So great is the hatred of the Sigmarites of Chaos, Daemons, and the Undead that those team's fans avoid Sisters of Sigmar's home stadium games. Any opposing team team playing in a Sisters of Sigmar stadium that has ANY players from a Chaos, Daemon, or Undead based team (see MBBL list under Secret Weapons) will be considered to have a Fan Factor of zero for this match.

Secret Weapons:
Unlike normal teams which can only have one player with a secret weapon, the Sisters of Sigmar may have up to 4 players with secret weapons.
Sisters of Sigmar may use Sigmarite Warhammers as secret weapons.
Sigmarite Warhammer (Penalty Roll 10+) Cost: 40,000:
The Sigmarite Warhammer gives the player holding it Mighty Blow. In addition if the opposing team roster contains any base or allied player from an Undead, Daemon, or Chaos team (Chaos, Chaos Beastmen, Chaos Warrior, any of the 4 Daemon teams, Minotaur, Slaanesh Elf, Fimir, Spirit, Undead, Khemri, Lycanthrope, Halloweenies, or Vampire), the Warhammer makes the player's Strength 5 for this game.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

To create the above team, we pulled up the Mordheim rules for the Sisters and translated them as best as possible to fit the BB rules.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

The Sister Superior seems a little underpriced to me, but otherwise it's a neat idea.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

What about Novices? I didn't get to check out the Mordheim rules, so I don't know exactly how to apply them to Blood Bowl. I figured they'd make good linemen.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Anthony_TBBF:
All teams have at least one slightly underpriced player. Without going into a long explanation on building a new team, unless someone wants me to. Virtually all team that GW makes have a team discount factor of 50k to 60k. The above Sisters roster has team discount of 60k. 0k discount for the Sisters+4*10k for the S. Superiors+0k for the Augur+1*20k for the Matriarch=60k. This same formula can be done to just about every GW team.

tommy316:
We had a version with Novices, but we felt that it was an unnecessary player position and the that Sisters should be the base player. The Mordhiem rules didn't show much Agility for the Sisters (thus no sidestep), but they did have good combat skill (thus the Block and Dauntless skills on the Superiors). The Augur could reroll here own actions thanks to second sight=Pro. The Matriarch is the player coach and is an advanced S. Superior, plus in Mordheim she had pretty good ranged weapon skills. Thus her stats are a S. Superior + Pass and Leader.

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Thanks for the advice and suggestions- lots of help. I like your team, GalakStarscraper, but Khorne help any Chaos, Undead, or Deamon team that has a road game against the Sisters. Maybe cut the fan factor in half instead of zero.
I'm stubborn and like the idea of Novices as linemen, though. With your team lay out, you have 12 linemen, 4 blitzers, 1 catcher and 1 thrower. But thanks for the advice on Sisters characteristics. Here's what I've got:
0-10 Novices (50k) 6 3 3 7 Block [GEN]
0-4 Sisters (70k) 6 3 3 7 Block, Catch [GEN,ST]
0-4 Superiors (90k) 6 3 3 7 Block, Dauntless [GEN,ST]
0-1 Augor (110k) 6 3 3 7 Block, Blessing, Dauntless, Pro [GEN,AG]
0-1 Matriarch (120k) 6 3 3 7 Pass, Hail Mary, Block, Leader [GEN,ST,PASS]
REROLLS: 50k
NO ALLIES
Standard Apothecary Rules
EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME AS BEFORE; ADD STADIUM RULE; BUT CUTS FAN FACTOR IN HALF.

Peace Out, THANKS for the help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tommy316 on 2001-07-19 18:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tommy316 on 2001-07-19 18:21 ]</font>

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I asked Neil at Shadowforge if the rumours about them releasing a BloodBowl (or fantasy football as they call it) Nun team is true, and this is the answer I got:
Hakan

The rumours could be true!

Regards
Neil Holloway
:grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HakanBerg on 2001-07-25 12:06 ]</font>

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Can you ask him to have them sculpted in the same scale as GW minis this time? :wink:

I have a set of the Gridiron minis and they are pretty damn cool!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

On 25-Jul-2001 02:00 pm GMT, Anthony_TBBF wrote:
Can you ask him to have them sculpted in the same scale as GW minis this time? :wink:

I have a set of the Gridiron minis and they are pretty damn cool!
Not sure about this, but I think the other team, the Bunny Team, is a bit bigger than the Gridirion team. Since the Bunny team was made after the Gridirion team, let's hope that they continue to make minis in the "right" size.