Tournament competition suggestions

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

ZFurelli
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ZFurelli »

My thoughts would be to have one lange main competition that combines the World Cup, Team tourney and and Individual tourney.

I would have each Coach who is playing register:

1. As playing for a COUNTRY
2. As playing a RACE
and
3. As playing as part of a TEAM (no more than 8 coaches per team)

Then make the draw such that no member of a team plays another member of his team. Ideally you would also make it so that no country representative plays another representative of the same country, but this could be a logistical nightmare.

You would then say that the winner of the team comp is the team with the most points.

The winner of the individual comp is the single coach with the most points.

You could give prizes to the highest placed coach playing each race.

The World Cup would then be decided by totaling the top 8 average scores for different races for each counrty. Highest total is the winner.
For example, if France had 4 representatives playing Chaos who scored 7,5,4 and 0 points and France also had 7 other players each playing a different race who each scored 3 points then France's total would be:

(7+5+4+0)/4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 25

Using this method each coach can contribute to his Countries chance of winning the WC while at the same time having the comeradie aspect of being part of a team.

Each country that has coaches representing it would need a NAF appointed Head Coach, to collect the WC.

Furelli

Reason: ''
Living the life of Riley.... I hope he doesn't want it back!!
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

In ideal circumstances I think the captain-selected team format would be the best way to decide a WC i.e. something similar to Eurobowl + US, Canada, Aus, NZ etc.

If the event had been promoted solely on TBB / bloodbowl.net to the NAF community then I feel it is more or less possible that a such a format could have worked.

However I still believe the fact that the WC will be advertised to the UK public in White Dwarf is a really important factor. Many coaches are likely to attend who know nothing of NAF or of any team selection processes. They would simply be spectators, outsiders from the main event.

This is why I argued for a central individual tournament, for pragmatic reasons. It would involve everyone equally.

Can anyone confirm that the WC is going to be promoted in White Dwarf? I heard that it was from a reputable source.

If so, can this decision be reversed? I actually think it would solve a lot of problems if it was.

Goes back to my point about the conflicting aims of inviting new people into NAF and staging a representative World Cup.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

bren, it's already been printed and in the public domain. no going back now.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Loony Toadquack wrote:In ideal circumstances I think the captain-selected team format would be the best way to decide a WC i.e. something similar to Eurobowl + US, Canada, Aus, NZ etc.
And again, where's the incentive for people to travel halfway across the world, and spend thousands, if they're not in a team?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

I am staying out of discussions, plenty of voices all happy to pitch in, I will just be in the way of progress. But something has been bugging me almost since this all came to the forum as soon as we got back from Italy (Eurobowl 06)

What I would like to ask is this......

Has anyone actually checked with the other Eurobowl nations that they are ok with this? England is not a cheap place to come to and I know this was a negative factor when we hosted 2 years ago.

Has anyone actually run this past the Spainish team because they won fair and sqaure and it occurs to me that they would be excited about hosting it next year. Did anyone think to check with them they wouldn't host until 2008?

As I see it, the Hungarians, Spanish, Italians, Austrians etc all seem to have been fairly quiet about this on the forums. Not that they have to be vocal but has anyone take time to find out if they are intending to be there?

For all we know... we may only have 6 or 7 European nations there?

TFF mod team
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

as i ve said to the beginning of the idea. England cwouldnt have been my first choice but why not.
now, we have a good place to go, and organisors trying their best to do it!

so i dont have a problem with it, i start to talk to French to keep money for the WC.

now, jusyt the organisation of the tourny is getting time to pleae everybody. And it will be cool if it is sorted soon... cos each coach, each country have to organise themself. At the moment, France is doing it but a bit in the dark. (no probs for the moment)

I like OMM idea by the way.

And.. there s no point having a tourny less important than another one in my mind. just have points for all of them to decide the Nation WC overall winner. (see other post... somewhere ;) )

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/