The Big Day

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

The Big Day

Post by Magic Dave »

i've just come back from a weekend in paris :wink: , and i was lucky that the Magic Worlds were being held in the city at the same time, so after much stick from the wife i got a chance to go down to see how they do their Biggest tourney.

for starters they had hired out a three rooms in the Louvre, Very high profile and of cousre at a very high cost as well.
but they were getting quite a lot of people coming in from the shopping centre to have a look, so of course they had guys set up there to teach these people how to play the game and a chance to buy a starter packs.

Also they had a couple of camara crews going around, interviewing the gamers for the web site and i also think for tv in the states. Looking at the Wizards web site they had live web interveiws and updates at the end of each day http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mt ... 06/welcome

Also the had some guys doing signings of books and art work for the punters and i bet the event was tied in with the lounch of a new range or set of cards.

All in all a very well run and thought out event.

Now i know that not all of these could fit into what the BBWC will be for, so could be worth a look.

Could we ask GW to stock more of the BB range so when we all roll into town GW could make a bit more money from the fact. Also could we have some tables setup so we can teach the gamers that hang around how to play and try and recruite more coaches, as this is prob the best place to try and do some recuiting (tables of BB 7 and the like could be great for this).

Could we have someone to do some video clips for the web site or just for fun for the event, as this will be the biggest event in BB history it would be nice to have and would help promonte the NAF.

I know most coaches didnt like the three BB book's and most coaches prob would'nt be that interested in getting then signed and i'm finding it hard to think of someone the could come down to sign something for us. but it could be looked at.

so what i saying is that i think this will be a great chance for us to have a really good weekend of BB.And as it will be the first time something of this scale has been tryed i will not be to upset if the format is quite not right as this will be a learning curve for everyone and will always support events like this in the future.

also if they is anything that i can do to help the guys running the WC please let me know.

ps i'm not saying Magic is better than BB and i know that somethings will work for Magic and not BB, but as this is the biggest event in BB history i feel it is better to look at the bigger picture, yes the format needs to be talked about and sorted but their are other things to talk about for the big day.

Reason: ''
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Re: The Big Day

Post by Lycos »

Magic Dave wrote:as this will be the biggest event in BB history it would be nice to have and would help promonte the NAF.
lol, your a good man Dave, this did make me smile. As this is purely a NAF event, not a GW event, meaning inside GWs hallowed halls you can actually use non-GW figs, the NAF will sort of be promoting itself just a teentchy weeney little bit I should think.......... :D

(mind you, the idea of getting GW to stock up for the event is indeed a fine point)

TFF mod team
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

does this mean that traders like tritex and impact can sell at the event, it could be a good date to release new figs as their will be a lot of the BB community all in one place :wink:

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Having been in the Magic scene for a number of years and heavily involved in Game 07 in June where we will be holding large scale WOTC gaming events and the Blood Bowl event is getting some theatre there also.

Its a pitty the BB Worlds is unlikely to get GW putting anything extra on and I cannot do some official trading in their hallowed halls either, which is a shame as I would have been willing to put some serious merchandise for attendees! (Might be a bit of bootlegging in the car boot again I suppose! :wink: )

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Have to admit ... I could easily see Impact! offering the same if it were allowed.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Magic Dave wrote:does this mean that traders like tritex and impact can sell at the event, it could be a good date to release new figs as their will be a lot of the BB community all in one place :wink:
Good question. I dont know, and both Jason and Tom have rightful interests.

I was over at Woodys tonight and had a sit down chat about "stuff". I am now Global Membership Director which means all of the European membership stuff Deathwing did is off his hands. He is really up for this WC, gotta say, his passion for it was in his eyes and he really wants it to work. He is back online now and I said to him tonight, he needs to really drive this WC and he is really up for it. The question is in his hands I suspect.

TFF mod team
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

It would be great if they would allow it as I could agree a concession to not sell any GW stuff on the day if they are willing to put some efforts and set up a decent spread that way they cannot feel they are truly losing out. Or if I can get them to sell me a load of stuff before the event I could sell it on their behalf. I am sure it would be in the interest of the players after all and we could certainly contribute towards prizes on the day.

8)

Let us know.

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

It was an enormous concession to get the use of non-GW figs inside Warhammer World. I would not expect GW to be keen on outside companies setting up displays inside their corporate HQ. But there are certainly other possibilities. How about a dealers room setup at the official hotel? And how about advertising within rules packet/ticket package that will be sent to each registrant?
Magic Dave wrote:Could we ask GW to stock more of the BB range so when we all roll into town GW could make a bit more money from the fact. Also could we have some tables setup so we can teach the gamers that hang around how to play and try and recruite more coaches, as this is prob the best place to try and do some recuiting (tables of BB 7 and the like could be great for this).

Could we have someone to do some video clips for the web site or just for fun for the event, as this will be the biggest event in BB history it would be nice to have and would help promonte the NAF.
I have already put on the table with GW the extra stocking of all things BB in the retail shop - no problem according to the folks I've talked to but I plan to confirm with the retail managers. Also on the table is the use of many if not all of the glass display cases to show off our Painting nominees.
Plans are for several demo tables (and feel free to volunteer for some time helping there when the call goes out! :D And there will be several 'official' videographers who will be there as much to document the event as well as to enliven the atmostphere.

Great feedback, MD - way to go!

OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

A dealers room is an option with some side tables for players who just want to get s few games in away from the main event. Hell we could even look to do some trial games of Deallball, Elfball, Streetbowl, Dundgeon Bowl or other BB related games going on if theres enough space.

Happy to look at supporting some costs here if it seems feasible and if theres an interest from attendees? :lol:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote: a dealers room setup at the official hotel
This is surely a must, Maybe a small trade show on one evening with the various companies displaying their ware's and a bing and buy akin to those that you get at wargames show's?
It was an enormous concession to get the use of non-GW figs inside Warhammer World. I would not expect GW to be keen on outside companies setting up displays inside their corporate HQ.
I bet this was tough maybe it would be best not too take the piss too much

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

rodders wrote: This is surely a must, Maybe a small trade show on one evening with the various companies displaying their ware's and a bing and buy akin to those that you get at wargames show's?
This I like with a built in commission structure for organisers to again support additional venue costs!

It amy encourage a few painters out there to do up some teams and try to sell them on the day. It would need to be staffed though.

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

I'm sure there will be plenty of volounteers to lend a hand

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:And there will be several 'official' videographers who will be there as much to document the event as well as to enliven the atmostphere.
OMM
Who just out of interest? I would not trust Gumbo as he just films Indys ass and Ronnie singing :D

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:And there will be several 'official' videographers who will be there as much to document the event as well as to enliven the atmostphere.
OMM
started another thread for a news coverage:

viewtopic.php?t=21170

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Tritex wrote:
rodders wrote: This is surely a must, Maybe a small trade show on one evening with the various companies displaying their ware's and a bing and buy akin to those that you get at wargames show's?
This I like with a built in commission structure for organisers to again support additional venue costs!

It amy encourage a few painters out there to do up some teams and try to sell them on the day. It would need to be staffed though.
A one night dealers room at the hotel would be ideal. Impact! will have just done a big ramp up for GenCon so maybe I could smuggle the left over blisters into my luggage and come over with them.

This would allow Tritex and Impact! to sell our goods and Tritex could bring he older GW stuff (ie out of print if he wished) and would be able to cover all the companies that would not be there.

Not a bad idea ... and if it is one night only ... not a huge deal to either Jason or us to make happen I would guess.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers