Format: discussion, comment etc.

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Glorian Underhill wrote:
Comments: Nine skills maybe 10 is a lot. With 1.100.000 gps it is quite an elven tournament. So a question: It is completely legal to change your team race after the first 3 games.
So playing the first 3 games with a good from the start team and then change to a skilled Wood Elf team?

-And what with the skills. If I have to play in my country another team what is with the three skills I have given to my first team? Lost, swapped?

I just want an answer and no, I'm not trying to stretch the rules. But clarification might be better before.
Hi Glorian,
One race for all 9 games, skills carry over from Friday. I'll add a clarification. Thanks for picking that up.

On the other point, I don't think 9 or 10 skills is too many over 9 games. (We had anywhere between 7 and 10 this weekend at the PooBowl over 7 games). Of course the later games (particularly on the Sunday) will be relatively 'high end' tournament BB, but that was quite intentional, it is the WC after all! :)

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Deathwing wrote:No Inducements (inc Star Players, wizards, master chefs etc) are used.
The quote is from the ruleset announcement. I played halflings at the Dutch Open this weekend. Halflings normally are fun to play, but without the chef there is no chance of winning left at all. You might as well shake the hand of you opponent at the start of the match to congratulate him with his victory.
Really. Let the Flings have their chef back, so they can at least be a little compatative. Otherwise I fear there will be no flings at the worldcup because without chef, they are unplayable. :cry:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i don't see why you can't allow inducements

apart from the cards

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Another problem could be the time for later rounds.
With 8 or 9 skills on every side you have to think a bit longer for your game....

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

kithor2002 wrote:Another problem could be the time for later rounds.
With 8 or 9 skills on every side you have to think a bit longer for your game....
did not really effect Poo Bowl where we were playing at the end with 10 skills.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?