Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Ogre Marauder
Experienced
Experienced

Format: discussion, comment etc.

Post by Ogre Marauder »

Yey!

The long awaited rules arrive...

Actually not so long - well done to all involved on making a fairly quick decision.

BFN

Paul

Reason: ''
Once again Mo's Marauders clear the field. Can anyone stop them? This reporter doesn't think so!

If you thought the Coffin Dodgers were bad... Wait until you meet the Coffin Dodgers: Muerte Nuevo...
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Re: NAF World Cup: Ruleset and Format.

Post by Magic Dave »

Deathwing wrote:There will be no official national teams.
-James Wood
-NAF President

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

roll on team Sudbury Club England :D :D

we get to come last for your country now

thou pigstar is ranked #1 on fumbbl at the mo.......

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I've split this topic from the actual ruleset announcement to keep it 'clean'.

There's also a NAF World Cup Q&A thread running in the Announcements section on the NAF forum which may be of interest, we'll do our best to answer any queries on here as well.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thanks for a "final" annoucement (I know it's subject to change, but you get my drift). Really looking forward to this, though I guess that means if Torg organises a Team NBA, I become an honourary Canadaian. ;)

Just a shame that the WC means I'm unlikely to be attending Spiky. :cry:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Re: NAF World Cup: Ruleset and Format.

Post by hoomin_erra »

Deathwing wrote: -James Wood
-NAF President

I always thought he was a naff pres too. Glad to see he knows it. :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Sorry Simon, won't be at the WC, so won't be a team NBA (unless you organise it), but if you want to be an honourary Canadian you could try to get the Team Canada (if there even is one) guys to let you play on their team. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No worries mate, I'll just find a team of losers to join.

Are the RCN having a team? ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

That makes a lot of skills for the last 3 games... :-?

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I think those rules are a very good compromise between individual and team competition and esp. regarding team composition. Excellent job!

A few questions remain ...
- will the next World Cup be held in the winning team's country or will the NAF decide where to hold 2011 World Cup? (I'd prefer later, possibly with organization teams that can apply to hold the it).
- Do you have enough fill-in players to fill up all teams to a full 6? Worst case this would mean you need 5 standby players ...

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bevan »

Tim wrote:- Do you have enough fill-in players to fill up all teams to a full 6? Worst case this would mean you need 5 standby players ...
It's not quite as simple as that. In the team rounds, if 15 teams have a coach missing (badly hurt, serious injury or dead), then unless 15 replacements are available then several teams would have to be disbanded and distributed amongst the others, disrupting the schedule for all their opponents. So a fairly large reserve of spare coaches is going to have to wait hopefully for a game at all rounds of the event.

I heard that quite a few spares/reserves were used at Eurobowl, but this event may have more dropouts (hungovers) with a larger number of teams, and less team spirit in the teams only formed on the first day.

Teams will not bring their own reserves, because swapping players in and out of the team will ruin those coaches' individual scores.

Marc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Marc »

Tim wrote:- Do you have enough fill-in players to fill up all teams to a full 6? Worst case this would mean you need 5 standby players ...
I think you need 11 standby players because you need an even number of teams.
Example: If you have 30 teams and one additional player without a team you have to create 2 extra teams and you need 11 players for this.

Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bevan »

Marc wrote:
I think you need 11 standby players because you need an even number of teams.
Example: If you have 30 teams and one additional player without a team you have to create 2 extra teams and you need 11 players for this.
On the 2nd and 3rd days there will be random players missing from existing teams (see my remarks above) but your system applies on the first day when all the hopeful coaches are jostling for positions in teams.

However an extra complication arises because "Teams are to represent a nation" and "There is a limit of 1 race per team". So they can't just work out the nearest multiple of 12 and put them into teams in order as they register.

In addition some coaches will be specifically looking for strong players to make a really good team, while others will want to be in the weakest team possible.

There will be complete chaos while this is sorted out on the first day. :roll:

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Team Madhobbit has allready organised itself... 6 of us will be present in Nottingham! We have just booked our flight!

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

We're fully aware of both the numbers required for the pool of reserves and the need for a 'spare' team. It's all in hand. :)

As for the 2011 WC, it's ultimately going to be for the NAF to decide nearer the time rather than being automatically offered to the winning nation to host (as per eurobowl).

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

*Holding up a sign*

"Freebooter for hire, work for beer and any country. Non European preffered."

Comments: Nine skills maybe 10 is a lot. With 1.100.000 gps it is quite an elven tournament. So a question: It is completely legal to change your team race after the first 3 games.
So playing the first 3 games with a good from the start team and then change to a skilled Wood Elf team?

-And what with the skills. If I have to play in my country another team what is with the three skills I have given to my first team? Lost, swapped?

I just want an answer and no, I'm not trying to stretch the rules. But clarification might be better before.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/