List of UK teams...

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Two works, ending in "Off!". :roll: :wink: :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: List of UK teams...

Post by Darkson »

dwarfcoach wrote:* Team South well south of London (Venomous?, Deathwing?, Darkson?, Longfang?)
-dunno, a possibility?
What a team though!

1 player that's shite at BB unless he hates the rules used.
1 player who's a has-been resting on past glories.
And 2 players that have problems turning up for day 2 of a tournament (god only knows how they'd survive till day 3!)

:wink: :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Re: List of English teams...

Post by dwarfcoach »

hoomin_erra wrote: You were never very good at geography were you?? :roll:
*sigh*

Well technically mate you are not allowed to enter the event as Scotland has not been allocated 'any' teams :roll: . Mook.

Anyway, all I was trying to establish was how many teams are still just an idea and how many have shown they have the minerals and stepped up properly...

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I need too enter a team Corwall in

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Valen wrote:I need too enter a team Corwall in
They certainly don't count as English!

I won't be playing

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Valen wrote:I need too enter a team Corwall in
In what? Spelling lessons?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

The Essex Marauders will be comeing we just need to find 3 more coaches (So far confirmed myself Ben hammond and a guy called Andrew)

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
SPIN1
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SPIN1 »

longfang wrote:
Valen wrote:I need too enter a team Cornwall in
They certainly don't count as English!
And we don't want to either! :D

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Evil Git wrote:oh i forgot to say i know gav is getting a cornish pasties team together ...
Is he not worried his game playing will be upstaged by 5 baked savoury goods?? Or more likely the pasties suffer an "unfortunate mouth and stomach based incident" prior to the start of the tournie, thereby forcing him to seek new team members?? :lol:

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Flame On Is Go - we've registered and paid for two teams, and are very much looking forward to Bugman's boatrace tomfoolery. And some games too, obviously :D

Does anyone know if Lycos is away atm? Not heard back from him since we registered, is all.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

As far as I know Lycos is not responsible for the World cup and registration is in Jims hands.

If you read the NAF announcement it looks as if you won't hear anything until the initial "reserved teams" period is finished and the tickets go up for open sale. Don't forget that there are only 9 places reserved for UK,

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Right, that makes sense then - thanks.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

longfang wrote:As far as I know Lycos is not responsible for the World cup and registration is in Jims hands.
I think Lycos is still the UK RTC and as such responsible for UK teams at the World Cup.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

longfang wrote:As far as I know Lycos is not responsible for the World cup and registration is in Jims hands.
Not quite, LF, my friend....

Lycos is still the RTC (Regional Tournament Coordinator) for the UK, until he appoints his successor, and as such, he is organizing the initial teams from his area. I know he has been working with a number of teams and their coaches - I spoke with him via phone this past weekend and things are progressing nicely...

I am responsible for the team payment validation - the RTCs still coordinate the registration of the teams from their areas.... The NAF staff are all working together to review each team's information and coaches submission and help the coaches get prepared. If you have not heard from Lycos, I'm sure it's because he is still in the process of moving his home and is quite busy at the moment.

Each team should make certain they have collected all the information per the posting on the NAF site and given it to their RTC. I have asked the RTCs coordinate a TEAM payment rather than individual payments at this point - tracking and coordinating individual payments at this stage would be far too confusing and prone to mistakes....

If you don't hear from Lycos in the next week or so, send me a PM and I'll help how I can...

OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Wow! Great minds, and all, DS.... ! :D

Speak TRUTH to power.