Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

So who's in the ECBBL teams 1 and 2?

The Northern Monkeys are:
Grum, Spencer the Rover, Pippy, Stick, Bunnygirl, Lucifer

It would be good to see a rolling list of players and teams registered from all nations. Maybe over on the NAF site. Would this be possible OMM?

Cheers,
Pip

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Team 1
Geggster (capt)
Doubleskulls
Gumbo
Blitzwing
dwarfcoach
Al the Trowel

Team 2
Hangus (capt)
Richy
Cookie
Giess
Justin
JammyDodger

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

I believe we can do something like that, however it is still relatively early in the team formation process... the french sides, for instance, have all been formed - they are currently getting lodging and travel arrangements done - same for the Spanish and Italians and.. well, everybody. The Italian teams have already paid for three full teams, so they are putting their coin on the table....

which as treasurer, of course, is what concerns me the most! :D

I will be out of town on business this next week but I will still look each evening at the progress everyone is making... I still would like to see the UK sides form up and get on Lycos' sheets so he can begin to see who is short and where teams could use another coach or two...

Remember the nine team number was just an initial allotment - it is very important to see where the need for seats is... I would like to first reach the 240 number, and then see how close we could get to 300.

Get your teams formed and let's go... it's going to be a special time!

OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

I've PMed Lycos on the NAF site to enter a team.

Team: Blighty Crusaders

Me, 89er, tatsujin, Rab, BUTCH, and a bloke called Dan whose joining NAF at Thrudbowl.

I'm hoping that this means we're 100% confirmed as I'm ready to pay and we're getting team shirts made and everything! :smoking:

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Has anyone been told what you can do if you can't make the Friday? Can you join up with a team and turn up on the saturday?

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Pipey

Post by Pipey »

dwarfcoach wrote:Team 1
Geggster (capt)
Doubleskulls
Gumbo
Blitzwing
dwarfcoach
Al the Trowel
So you managed to persuade Luke to come in the end? Team 1 looks like a pretty tasty lineup. We'll have our work cut out to achieve our primary aim of the tournament - coming higher than the Blackshirts!! :P

dwarfcoach
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Given a bit of hindsight (and hearing all the funny good/bad luck match report stories from the rest of us) Luke kind of regretted not being able to attend the Blood Bowl this year and as such was pretty eager to attend the World Cup.

Nice to know you have an aim in attending the event mate (bit DTW, bit then again that's not 100% suprising considering the source... :lol: ).

My aim is to drink loads, meet up with a load of foreign mates who I rarely get to see and have a great laugh at the biggest BB event in history! 8)

I truly can't wait...

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:I believe we can do something like that, however it is still relatively early in the team formation process...
Cool, look forward to seeing it when more teams are in :D

Evil Git, who's in Team Scotland?

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

dwarfcoach wrote:My aim is to drink loads, meet up with a load of foreign mates who I rarely get to see and have a great laugh at the biggest BB event in history! 8)
Goes without saying DC me old china!

But if we're not going to win, we do need something to aim at! :wink:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Loony Toadquack wrote:
dwarfcoach wrote:Team 1
Geggster (capt)
Doubleskulls
Gumbo
Blitzwing
dwarfcoach
Al the Trowel
So you managed to persuade Luke to come in the end? Team 1 looks like a pretty tasty lineup.
Except for that Dwarfcoach fellow, but I guess every team has to have a lame duck somewhere. :wink:

(What do you mean this isn't the Trash Talk thread? :?: )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

If I had known Dwarf Coach was coming, I'd have brought my Ogres! :wink:

Word to Your Mother.
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote:If I had known Dwarf Coach was coming, I'd have brought my Ogres! :wink:
Hmm, then I would be real trouble... :-? :-?

(Sad thing is that it's totally true, I've never beaten those damn *!&%ing Ogres :cry: )
Darkson wrote:...Except for that Dwarfcoach fellow, but I guess every team has to have a lame duck somewhere. :wink:

(What do you mean this isn't the Trash Talk thread? :?: )
Hmm, brave man trash-talking when he knows that he is 'staffing' the event. :roll: This time even if you are staffing your NAF game will still count Simon, you can't hide this time...Image

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hide? It's an LRB 5 tourney - you know I'm favourite to beat you. ;)
If it was LRB4 I'd be worried.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

Loony Toadquack wrote:
Old_Man_Monkey wrote:I believe we can do something like that, however it is still relatively early in the team formation process...
Cool, look forward to seeing it when more teams are in :D

Evil Git, who's in Team Scotland?
just got back from a team scotland training weekend (aka the albabowl) and the teams looking pretty solid so far (well solid for us in any rate)

team is consisting of the 3 that made it to the eurobowl and some others:

me
hoomin
zfurelli
pubbowler
coffin dodger
rabid squig

just because you haven't heard of the names doesn't mean thier all as shite as myself though.

also there was talk about 2 other teams forming up. Team NWA from up newcastle way (gsot, ambush, boney et al) and the hapless allstars (ronnie 90210, jordell and others)

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

lucifer wrote:
Evil Git wrote:oh i forgot to say i know gav is getting a cornish pasties team together ...
Is he not worried his game playing will be upstaged by 5 baked savoury goods?? Or more likely the pasties suffer an "unfortunate mouth and stomach based incident" prior to the start of the tournie, thereby forcing him to seek new team members?? :lol:
i believe if my sources on sky sports news are correct that the cornish pasties have struck up a sponsorship deal with ginsters to aid gav in a squad rotation system, i.e. fresh ones are brought out for each match so he can hapily eat to his heart's extent.

any rumours that they are going to play better than him are totally unsubstantiated though.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb