So, Italy 2015...

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

So, Italy 2015...

Post by Darkson »

Congratulations to Italy, who will be hosting the 2015 #bloodbowl World Cup! Fuller details here: http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name ... pic&t=6168
Congrats to Italy. Unfortunately for me I think it will be a tad to far for me to get the better half to agree to. :(

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Re: So, Italy 2015...

Post by tzoscey »

you should try harder :wink:

Tuscany is one of the best places to take holiday time: good food and drink, good weather, interesting places to visit, nice and loudy people to meet,...

Lucca is a lovely medieval city, sure you counterpart is glad to visit Italy too xD try some movies with an Italian connection

i cant imagine if other venues where elected, the dificulties would be larger :lol:

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Lol. Told the wife. Her reaction? "You baaaaaaast****d!!! Right, tell the kids Grandma's coming to stay for a week. I'm not missing this one"

Seriously DS, I think it should be harder to get her to stay home than to go :lol:

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

This is an article from italian national press about Lucca 2015:

http://www.lanazione.it/lucca/cronaca/2 ... bowl.shtml

With quotes from the Major of Lucca :o and other autorities.
If I have time I'll translate it this evening.

Boys, this is gonna be HUGE. :D

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Rolex wrote:This is an article from italian national press about Lucca 2015:

...and Im stopping at your house right?? :D

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

glowworm wrote:
Rolex wrote:This is an article from italian national press about Lucca 2015:

...and Im stopping at your house right?? :D
I would be very offended if you did not, at least for a couple of days. :wink:
Anyway for day s of the WC I'm moving to Lucca as well. I live on the other side of Italy (3h by car).

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

My Italian isn't so hot, but enough to catch the drift of the article ;-)

I agree. This is going to be huge!

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Lucca, December 3, 2013 - Lucca beat Copenhagen and Sydney and is designated as the headquarters of the World Championship 2015 in Blood Bowl.fact will take place in Lucca from 6 to 8 November 2015, the third edition of the World Championship of Blood Bowl. The city, already recognized in Italy as the capital of the comic and the game thanks to the International Festival of Lucca Comics & Games , has been awarded the tournament dedicated to the popular fantasy board game.

The news was released today by the Lucchese LudoLega with the City of Lucca, Lucca and Lucca Comics & Games Trade Shows and Conferences. On submission of the application had also worked the Chamber of Commerce of Lucca, with the support of Mediaus, RoG Factory, Greebo Games, FF Field and Tecnospazio.

The players come from all continents . Safe investments, in addition to the large European group of teams representing Australia, USA, Canada, South Africa, Singapore . Is expected to enroll approximately 200 teams of 6 players each, which will be added families and carers, for what promises to be an exciting continuation playful edition 2015 Lucca Comics & Games.

were as many as 19 out of 30 delegates world that have evaluated the candidacy of the city of Lucca superior to those of competitors Bruges (Belgium), Copenhagen (Denmark), Sydney (Australia) and Vitoria (Spain). The World of Lucca (which takes place every 4 years), after Nottingham 2007 (the birthplace of the game) and Amsterdam, 2011 (the home of the NAF, the International Federation of Blood Bowl).

"Assignment of World Blood Bowl fills us with satisfaction - said Alessandro Tambellini, mayor of Lucca - because it testifies to the quality of the work done at application stage. For over 40 years our city becomes the capital of the imagination thanks to Lucca Comics & Games, which in 1996 launched the Warhammer Blood Bowl in Italy. For citizenship and for local tourism operators and Tuscany will be an interesting and festive opportunity. '

Blood Bowl is a game that takes inspiration from American football and transposes it into a typically fantasy , warriors with humans, elves, dwarves and orcs instead of the players. Created by Jervis Johnson and appeared on the market in 1986, has various editions and millions of fans around the world. Among the imaginary city where competitions are held in this daring and exciting game, is that of Luccini, born from the union of the names of Lucca and Puccini.

"We could not be more pleased - said Nicholas Giammattei, president of LudoLega Lucca, who coordinated the nomination - Lucca has long been one of the most vital reservoirs of Blood Bowl players and the award of the World 2015 is the culmination of a dream and a team effort with public and private entities. Right from the start we act because the experience of the players who will be in Lucca from all over the world proves an unforgettable moment. "

" This is the best birthday present I could get for 20 years of the Games section of our event - said Emanuele Vietina, Deputy Director of Lucca Comics & Games - we are ready to build on the experience gained by organizing a major European events dedicated to entertainment and fantasy. We count on the support and as of now the participation of our audience and get ready as always to roll up our sleeves because the image of Lucca shine at international level.Personally, I also have to brush up on my team with which the Vikings arrived in the national final in 2005. "

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Thank you. :)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I resisted the temptation to add in a paragraph about the handsome and talented defending champions (and Geoff). :wink:

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Geoff is a very handsome man.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by Loki »

nazgob wrote:Geoff is a very handsome man.
Is that why you have him as your avatar :?:

EDIT: I bet you never thought that woudl be your 2000th post! :lol:

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Something has gone wrong.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I didn't know Amsterdam was the home of the NAF :smoking:
Very nice article. Explains the extreme good bid Lucca made.
All the others were strong but in my view, Lucca jumped out.

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »