World Cup Rules

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

World Cup Rules

Post by Twyllenimor »

The rules for the WorldCup on the homepage are now available in French and Italien.

Reason: ''
Lutececup
Rookie
Rookie

Re: World Cup Rules

Post by Lutececup »

Hello,

Question about the Spike Champions : Are they authorized, or only BB2016+DZ1+DZ2 Champions are authorized ?

About Lewdgrip : what is his final cost ? 150 ? 160 ?

Thanks

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Lutececup wrote:Hello,

Question about the Spike Champions : Are they authorized, or only BB2016+DZ1+DZ2 Champions are authorized ?

About Lewdgrip : what is his final cost ? 150 ? 160 ?

Thanks
The answer will be given by this year's NAF committee decision on rules in Oct/Nov

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

The WorldCup Rule Committees decided that the WC4 rules review will not be published until January 1st. Thus, the Fumbbl data from the current NAF online tournament can be used as a better basis for evaluation based on the WorldCup rules.

Matt le Fou
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Matt le Fou »

I have a question for the situation where two teams hired the sale star player.
As no exception for the standard rules is written in the ruleset of the Word Cup IV, am I right to believe that, in this case, the star player will not play and the two teams will have to do without him ?

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Matt le Fou wrote:I have a question for the situation where two teams hired the sale star player.
As no exception for the standard rules is written in the ruleset of the Word Cup IV, am I right to believe that, in this case, the star player will not play and the two teams will have to do without him ?
we will clarify that during the rules review.... as of now my understanding is that he will be cloned and play for both teams (no Highlander rule)....but I might be mistaken, let's see what the rules committee decides...

also, the current version of the Excel sheet has the old Lewdgrip in it. This will be corrected with the new version of the sheet in January

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
gcoleman76
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gcoleman76 »

Hi,

I downloaded the roster tool from the world cup website and I am wondering what scrappa sorehead isn't available for orc rosters on the Excel sheets.

Is this deliberate or an error?

Thanks

GC

1009 gcoleman76
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

gavrad76 wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the roster tool from the world cup website and I am wondering what scrappa sorehead isn't available for orc rosters on the Excel sheets.

Is this deliberate or an error?

Thanks

GC
Thanks for the feedback. This is clearly an error. It will be fixed with the next release in January. (also the update on Lewdgrip)

www.biboba.de
gcoleman76
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gcoleman76 »

Glad I could help! Looking forward to it!

1009 gcoleman76
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Spotted a small mistake in the roster creator at the WC page. The Treeman on Wood Elves roster is missing his "loner"-skill.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

straume wrote:Spotted a small mistake in the roster creator at the WC page. The Treeman on Wood Elves roster is missing his "loner"-skill.
Clearly just the boost that wood elves need! xD

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

PeteW wrote:
straume wrote:Spotted a small mistake in the roster creator at the WC page. The Treeman on Wood Elves roster is missing his "loner"-skill.
Make Wood Elves great again!

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

straume wrote:
PeteW wrote:
Make Wood Elves great again!
Let's give the catchers ma 9 instead of sprint! Lol.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

The Rules Committee of the World Cup has come together and decided to drop the Average-Tier-Tiebreaker. The reasoning behind that is that results of tourneys, which use the WC4 ruleset, have shown that the tiers 1-3 are very equal in success and a further boost of lower tiers, which the average-tier-tiebreaker would have provided would be too much. Also worth mentioning is that the rules will be according to the latest NAF annual review of tournament rules, i.e. only starplayers which are mentioned in CRP, BB2016, DZ1, DZ2 and Spike!-Journals 1-3 will be available at the World Cup. Any new starplayer mentioned in later Spike! Journals (most recently the Undead Spike!) will not be eligible at the World Cup in Dornbirn. It is also worth mentioning that the Piling On rule will be used according to CRP (no Re-Rolls needed).

The updated Excel sheet is also available now on the Webpage. Unless any errors will be reported on that Excel sheet, the version v3.0 will be used and to make it clear: the usage is mandatory, no previous version or paper copy scan or PDF format will be accepted when submitting the team rosters in August.

www.biboba.de
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

I am sorry to see the tie breaker go away as it takes away a really fun an unique meta game.

I suspect the race choices at the top tables will look a lot more like what we know from Eurobowl now, with the usual tier 1 suspects.

No disaster, obviously, but I really enjoyed theorybowling around this new meta game the tier tie breaker introduced.