Background for Hack Enslash

This forum is if you want to help write up the backstories of the Star Players from the C.R.P.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Background for Hack Enslash

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Best background submission and picture for this star player will be posted here.

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Backstory by Warren Lawson:

It was probably his idolization of retired star skeleton Barry Bigbones that led a young human lineman to arrange his own death and re-animation to become the latest Blood Bowl chainsaw sensation: Hack Enslash!

First appearing on the pitch in 2501, Hack is obsessed with breaking all his idol’s old records. He often talks to his beloved chainsaw, which he has named “Betsy”. Rumors abound concerning just how close the two really are, but Hack vehemently denies such allegations: “we sleep in separate caskets!”

Originally a member of the Champions of Death but now a free agent, there seems no lack of teams willing to pay his fee. Recently he was hired to play against the Westside Werewolves in an important play-off match. During the first half, one of the werewolves chewed off Hack’s left forearm and proceeded to run around the field with it. Minutes later the wolf swallowed the bones, but Hack retrieved them soon enough (a rare instance of one-armed chainsaw use).

Hack plays every game according to his own agenda. In addition to the standard on-field maiming practices, he often roams the sidelines to take a swipe or two at any opposing players not currently in the match. He is best known, perhaps, for giving spectators in the front row a very “close” view of Betsy. In fact, his most ravenous fans (a sadistic lot that call themselves the Hack Pack) actually jump out of the stands towards him in hopes of being decapitated by their hero. Of course, he never disappoints them!

Even though he has only been playing for a brief time, Hack Enslash already has a solid place in Blood Bowl history. He continues to amass fatalities and has grown into arguably the most popular chainsaw player in the game today.

CAREER STATS:
268 Player Fatalities (opposing team)
42 Player Fatalities (own team)
493 Civilian Fatalities (357 willing)
67 Referee Fatalities
2 Touchdowns
AWARDS:
Blood Bowl Network (BBN) Dirty Player of the Year (2502)
Bloodweiser Best Newcomer Medal (2501)
PlayBone Magazine Bachelor of the Year (2504)

Spike Magazine Star Player Rating: 298

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I wanted to start with an easy one to use it to gauge what you guys would like to see.

My thought right now is to not include a player's history stats, weight, age, and Spike! rating.

My first leaning it to stick to a very nice write-up of the player's background and get a good picture. I think the other stuff actually gets in the way.

Thoughts?

Galak

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

It shall be cool and funny and a bit whacky for some players. History and background creates atmosphere and just not "stats".

Good start Galak!

orkydave
Experienced
Experienced

Post by orkydave »

how do we go abput submitting anything we do Galak? do we just post it here in the relevant star player section or PM/e-mail your good self?

Coach of Da Badbreff Brawlers, Bloodbowl 2008 GT wooden spoon recipients!

Goooooooo Brawelerz!!!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

orkydave wrote:how do we go abput submitting anything we do Galak? do we just post it here in the relevant star player section or PM/e-mail your good self?
Just post it to the revelant thread. Do not PM me.

We'll sort through it all and work up the best one we can from the submissions.

Galak

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

I think it would be great to have something similar to the starplayer cards, with the stats and skills of the player. IMO

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

stashman wrote:It shall be cool and funny and a bit whacky for some players. History and background creates atmosphere and just not "stats".

Good start Galak!
Heh, I love the STATS from the old Blood Bowl star players personally. AMerican Football is a game where people go all geeky over stats, and I like the idea that the Blood Bowl world has scribes and nerds who have a similar feeling!

falconeyed
Star Player
Star Player

Post by falconeyed »

Jural wrote:
stashman wrote:It shall be cool and funny and a bit whacky for some players. History and background creates atmosphere and just not "stats".

Good start Galak!
Heh, I love the STATS from the old Blood Bowl star players personally. AMerican Football is a game where people go all geeky over stats, and I like the idea that the Blood Bowl world has scribes and nerds who have a similar feeling!
Just stop for a second and imagine Fantasy Blood Bowl, a la Fantasy Football.

No one should be honored for doing what is expected.
tenwit
Star Player
Star Player

Post by tenwit »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Age: Unknown, Height: 6'2", Weight: 103 lbs
That's gotta be the heaviest 206+ bones around :) At less that 10% of body mass (after sufficient drying time), a 6'2" Bloodbowl fan would have closer to 20lb of skeletal mass (maybe less).

See, I'm not just a bloodbowl nerd!

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

tenwit wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:Age: Unknown, Height: 6'2", Weight: 103 lbs
That's gotta be the heaviest 206+ bones around :) At less that 10% of body mass (after sufficient drying time), a 6'2" Bloodbowl fan would have closer to 20lb of skeletal mass (maybe less).

See, I'm not just a bloodbowl nerd!
103 lbs WITH chainsaw?

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

falconeyed wrote:
Jural wrote:

Good start Galak!
Just stop for a second and imagine Fantasy Blood Bowl, a la Fantasy Football.
I think if you play Fantasy Blood Bowl, you have never known the touch of a woman... including your Mom, a waitress handing back change, etc. Basically, you have Nurgle's Rot as far as the entire female gender is concerned.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

GalakStarscraper wrote: He often talks to his beloved chainsaw, which he has named “Betsy”.
Apart from the fact that I've already painted my Hack model with Rippy as it'ds chainsaw name, I like.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

My thought right now is to not include a player's history stats, weight, age, and Spike! rating.

My first leaning it to stick to a very nice write-up of the player's background and get a good picture. I think the other stuff actually gets in the way.

Thoughts?
I agree. I had a hard time coming up with the stats on Hack. Speaking of his stats...
That's gotta be the heaviest 206+ bones around At less that 10% of body mass (after sufficient drying time), a 6'2" Bloodbowl fan would have closer to 20lb of skeletal mass (maybe less).
Hmmm....but how much does an animated skeleton weigh? Didn't you know they have magical invisible muscles? :wink:

Seriously, I must've been too lazy to look this up on-line when I wrote it and just picked a number. lol
Apart from the fact that I've already painted my Hack model with Rippy as it'ds chainsaw name, I like
Well, there was a time when Hack and Betsy were separated. It's a long story, and so was not included in the bio. :)

Oerjan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oerjan »

OdoGoodgrubb wrote:
Apart from the fact that I've already painted my Hack model with Rippy as it'ds chainsaw name, I like
Well, there was a time when Hack and Betsy were separated. It's a long story, and so was not included in the bio. :)
...and Rippy is Nobbla Blackwart's new chainsaw, so if Hack too uses her it becomes a rather strange ménage à trois :P