Tournament Rosters at both TR 100 and TR 110

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

I think thats a good option, I wouldnt do it though. For me the apoth is too untrustworthy in the current rules to spend a rr in two halfs at.
1: On injuries worse than bh theres only 50 % chance of him working.
2: The player leaves the pitch anyway.

Its still good though, as you can get back one player that is bh during the game, and thats a pretty likely scenario.

I like rr's pretty much, because they give me a much greater chance at pulling of some hard gamewinning moves, thats why Im leaning towards option nr. 1 with the thrower instead of a 4th catcher now. Gives me the third rr faster and I can use my double for guard on a catcher instead of leader on the treeman or on a lineelf.

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

My opinion is that the Apoth is better than a 3rd RR on an elf team, but not better than the 2nd. So Woodies at 110 can take or leave the Apo, but I think you'd be crazy not to take an Apoth on Pro Elves, just because the 50k means a lot less when you're not paying 70 for linos and 120 for positionals. Skaven not so much, as their cheaper, faster linos give them a good alternative to an Apo in the form of a reserve, while PE linos can't really fill in for positionals; for Woodies, the Tree is a cheaper, better alternative to a reserve.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about the SH Catcher either, but in tournament format it makes a lot of sense. Playing PEs in leagues I often get SH as my second skill on Catcher #3 as well as the first skill for Thrower #1, but it was NoS that motivated me to do it, so I never thought of doing it for Wood Elves. A Wood Elf Catcher with SH is almost as good (NoS obviates additional dodges, as you don't want to throw in two TZs) and one skill cheaper.

Having 3 Catchers means a) you have to put two of them at outside linebacker, where they're exposed but not strategically situated, b) you have an even EASIER time zipping your key player into a scoring position, and c) you have to blitz with a safety, corner or inside LB. Since you only have one ST3 Safety, you might want to consider Frenzy and Side Step as your Wardancer skills, as one of those guys has to be put in a key blitz-target spot, either on the corner or at inside LB (don't worry: with SS he'll just ward them away, but without SS, they'll hit him, likely with a Tackler).

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

While I can see that this thread has some legitimate and useful information, it is full of team rosters and ideas that date back even before the LRB5!

This is why I thought it was worthwhile to start the new thread, rtather than digging for the relevant bits through this one.

If someone would like me to cut and paste the relevent team rosters in to another thread, then I would be happy to do so. But really, this one is well out of date!

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
waaght
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Tournament Rosters at both TR 100 and TR 110

Post by waaght »

On a dwarf team, why have 2 runners? I have one runner on my build. Whats the rationale behind 2 ????

The Young Guzzlers - the world's only sober dwarf team! Check out the latest news on the website: http://youngguzzlers.wordpress.com

It is pronounced "Waagh. T." Rhymes with "Tee". 2 syllables. :P
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

cause dwarfs are both slow and have low AG

having two means you still have one if one gets injured

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

waaght wrote:On a dwarf team, why have 2 runners? I have one runner on my build. Whats the rationale behind 2 ????
waaght - I am always shocked and very happy when an opponent puts only 1 Runner on the field against me. The Dwarfs are exceedingly slow, with an aggregate MA of 52 (only Halflings are slower at 49, and they can throw themselves, so are in effect faster). A player with MA5 can cover the whole width of the pitch only with difficulty (must stay on the centre line, needs to GFI twice to reach the sideline, cannot deviate to avoid opponents etc.). Scoring from your own half with an MA5 player is a struggle, relative to MA6.

Smeborg the Fleshless
waaght
Rookie
Rookie

Post by waaght »

Smeborg wrote:Scoring from your own half with an MA5 player is a struggle, relative to MA6.
Hmm... that makes sense, but you only need to score with one player at once...
What are you going to do with your 2nd runner when your 1st one has the ball? And what do you do with them both on defense? You're probably right, but i'm kind-of a noob and need more explaining :D

The Young Guzzlers - the world's only sober dwarf team! Check out the latest news on the website: http://youngguzzlers.wordpress.com

It is pronounced "Waagh. T." Rhymes with "Tee". 2 syllables. :P
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Just went to the Orctoberfest in the USA this past weekend with my norse and managed to win all four games! I was looking to see if I could find the suggestion that someone made for this roster to give them a big thanks, but could not find it again.

Anyways, here is the roster I took:

2 x Ulfwerner
1 x Snow Troll
9 x Linemen
3 x RR
1 x FF

We were allowed 80K in skills before each of the four rounds. My development looked like this:

Pre-game 1: Block on the ulfs, Mighty Blow on the troll, and Sure Hands on a lineman
Pre-game 2: Block on the troll, +1 AG on the Sure Hands guy, 10K banked
Pre-game 3: Juggernaut on the troll, Stand Firm on both ulfs, Dodge on the uber-lineman
Pre-game 4: Fend on the uber-lineman and one other, guard on both ulfs

This made for some very specialized players and a lot of grunts. But they got the job done!

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

waaght wrote:
Smeborg wrote:Scoring from your own half with an MA5 player is a struggle, relative to MA6.
Hmm... that makes sense, but you only need to score with one player at once...
What are you going to do with your 2nd runner when your 1st one has the ball? And what do you do with them both on defense? You're probably right, but i'm kind-of a noob and need more explaining :D
On defense, I tend to run one Runner as a sweeper-type, and to use the other one to hawk loose balls. Once I've got 12 men, I usually only field one Runner on defense so as to protect the other one, favoring a Blitzer or Slayer at the sweeper role. On offense, he's often in some relatively free position behind the "leg" of my caging formation, so if I have to redirect he can use his MA to provide some forward cover. But the extra MA is icing on the cake. Really, you're taking the +AG and duplicate SH for insurance value.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

For the tr110 format i've been doing well with the 2 following rosters:

Vampire:
4 vampires
10 thralls
3 re-rolls
1 apo

chaos pact:
1 troll
1 ogre
1 minotaur
1 elf
1 goblin
1 skaven
7 linemen
2 rerolls
1 apo

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
frightcrawler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frightcrawler »

TV 100
Ogres (by Xtreme)
6 Ogres
5 Goblins
1 Re-rolls
1 FF

this is no longer possible

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

That's because this is a very, very old thread. It's a sticky because it contains some of the history of BB, and also it's good for a quick look-up for some rosters.
If you want decent advise fro a roster I'd start a new thread and see what comes up. Or do a search. There is some decent advise somewhere with Ogres in a tournament.

Best of luck ! :D

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Here is my Goblin roster from Chaos Cup 2011. 110 TV but you had to buy skills out of that amount. No more than two of a skill, no more than one skill per player, nio +AG, no +ST.

Troll w/Block - 140K
Troll w/Block - 140K
Fanatic w/MiB - 90K
Looney - 40K
Pogoer - 70K
Goblins (x7) (1 w/Leader) = 310K
Bombardier w/HAIL MARY PASS!!! - 70K
Rerolls (x3) - 180K
Bribe (x1) - 50K
1 FF
1,100,000 gold pieces

HMP was everything it's cracked up to be, especially against Wood Elves, Skaven, fast spread out type teams. It never fumbled (which is luck of course) and it even knocked my Trolls over in back-to-back games. But by choosing open squares that had as many opponents as possible about 2 away (assuming the average kick drift is 2 one way and 1 back again) I often hit multiple targets. No injuries but a few KOs and even just putting Elves on the ground for a possible boot appointment was worth it. Almost like a really unreliable wizard every turn!

One problem was, with these numbers, I basically had to play all my Secrets in the first drive regardless of opponent but moreso against any type of bash. Elves I can give the Matador D and only lose the Bomber after a few turns.

Anyway, make of it what you will. I enjoyed it, had a bit of success, and will play it again!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

I saw the following rosters for Skaven

Skaven 1 (by Yavatol)
4 Gutter Runners
2 Storm Vermin
5 Linemen
4 Re-rolls
1 FF

Skaven 2 (by Mo)
3 Gutter Runners
2 Storm Vermin
7 Linemen
3 Re-rolls
5 FF

What about

2x Storm Vermin
4x Gutter Runners
1x Thrower
4x Linerats
3x Rerolls
1x Apo

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I've unstickied this thread, as it's (mainly) well out of date now (TR went out 5-6 years ago?).
If someone wants to start a new up-to-date version, I'll sticky that.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.