Tournament Rosters at both TR 100 and TR 110

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by King-Nerd »

Orc Tr110

4 BOB's
4 Blitzers
1 Troll
1 Thrower
2 Goblins
3 RR
1 AC
1 CL

I will let you know if it works! :D

Reason: ''
Wooden spooner - Carror Crunch 2007
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Wot no goblin line-ups?

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Possibly risky this one but we will find out at Pearly Kings & Queens V (on the 19th / 20th April):

TR 100

2 x Wights
2 x Mummies
3 x Ghouls
3 x Zombies
2 x Skeletons

3 x Re-rolls

It worked well for me at the Blood Bowl last year (I was 5th) but we will see if the magic is still there in about three weeks...

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I like. I don't think that's very risky at all. 3 Ghouls and 12 players means you can afford to lose anyone and you're still competitive.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
dwarfcoach
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Whoops :oops: .

After checking the rules it seems that Pearly Kings & Queens V (on the 19th / 20th April) is actually 110 team value.

I'm still going to keep the basic format I think, simply add in another Zombie, a FF of 4 and 1 assistant coach an cheerleader.

So it means:

TR 110

2 x Wights
2 x Mummies
3 x Ghouls
4 x Zombies
2 x Skeletons

3 x Re-rolls
4 Fan Factor
1 x Assistant Coach
1 x Cheerleader

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Or a Ghoul and a Skellie for 6 skill players and 3 benchwarmers... meaning infinite fouls.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Yeah I was considering that but it does leave me with an awful lot of AV 7 and it also means my team would be moving a lot fast than I want it to. I would have 4 M7 player, 2 M6, 3 M5 and then Mummies and Zombies. In my experience this does tend to dis-joint the formations sometimes.

A couple of Mighty Blow players would mean a world of pain, think I'd prefer the reliable, slow grind approach. Few teams do it as well as Undead, plus they do have a little spurt of speed with the ball carrier if necessary.

Think I need a couple of practice games to try some things out...

FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

TR 110 Woodelves

I had succes at the WC in Nottingham with this roster:
2 Wardancers
3 Catchers
1 Thrower (first double came late)
1 Tree
4 Lineelves
2rr's
0 ff

And at Eurobowl with this one:
2 Wardancers
4 Catchers
1 Tree
4 Lineelves
2 rr's
0 ff

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

dwarfcoach wrote:Yeah I was considering that but it does leave me with an awful lot of AV 7 and it also means my team would be moving a lot fast than I want it to. I would have 4 M7 player, 2 M6, 3 M5 and then Mummies and Zombies. In my experience this does tend to dis-joint the formations sometimes.
The "I can't be overdrawn: I haven't run out of checks yet!" defense. It's not like you have to move full speed or you lose the MA.

Why not take a Skelly and a RR with the extra 100k?

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

I'm considering a rather ... what's the word ... "agressive" lineup for wood elves at tv100 for an upcoming tourney, and would like feedback on it.

Now, where I say "agressive" others might say "insane", but in a way it does have some sense. Anyway, you get to assign 6 reg skills to players before game 1 that apply for the entire tourney. Skill listed afterwards is what is given in each case.

Wardancer 120K Strip Ball
Wardancer 120K Frenzy (you guys talked me into it!)
Catcher 90K Block
Catcher 90K Kick
Thrower 90K Sure Hands
Thrower 90K Leader
Treeman 120k (no skill)
4 Line Elves 280K (no skills)

Yes, that's correct - I only have the leader reroll - no team rerolls. ALL of the money is spent on players - so no rerolls, fan factor, cheerleaders, apoth, coaches, or anything else.

Hear me out though... with all the skills out there, generally the only important things I'll ever need to reroll are blocks and leaps. I have rerolls to pick up the ball, pass, catch, and dodge. I'll have a treeman, and I don't care if he takes root or not - after all, his only job is to stand on the line and not be AV7. He can do that whether he's rooted or not.

It's very much an all or nothing roster, I'll be the first to admit that. Only 11 players (all but one AV7), no bench, no apoth, no rerolls, no fan factor, no coaches, no cheerleaders. But those 11 players are pretty darn good, and I'm used to playing shorthanded, especially with wood elves, so that's not an issue for me really either. And with all the speed and the Frenzy WD, I might be able to crowd-surf a guy or two here and there to help even the numbers now and then.

And yes, a dwarf team will negate my 4 players with dodge a lot of the time, but on the other hand they're really slow, and I've never had that much of a problem with them in the past. :)

So, tell me I'm crazy. :P

Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

I think stick played the exact same lineup (or a VERY similar one) in the Blood Bowl this year (with 1 skill after every game) and he made it to the final. Before that everyone would probably have laughed at you, but now?

But I'd exchange one thrower for a catcher and give THAT catcher the Sure Hands instead. You're doing mostly hand-offs anyway and the catcher is much better in that respect.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

No or one reroll Wood Elf line ups are not uncommon with some continental European players (especially Italian & Spanish in my experience).

Not a crazy choice but it is Blood Bowl by the seat of your pants...

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Mootaz wrote:I think stick played the exact same lineup (or a VERY similar one) in the Blood Bowl this year (with 1 skill after every game) and he made it to the final. Before that everyone would probably have laughed at you, but now?

But I'd exchange one thrower for a catcher and give THAT catcher the Sure Hands instead. You're doing mostly hand-offs anyway and the catcher is much better in that respect.
That's actually pretty brilliant...higher MA and you're right, most of the time he'd be doing handoffs. And more useful on defense.

Also good to know it has been tried with some success in the past.

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

I'm a definite believer - the roster was great! And thanks for the advice to put sure hands on the catcher instead of a 2nd thrower - it was nice too.

The Frenzy WD was a huge deal too, so I am a full convert on that one as well. Many opponents would just setup their defense surrendering the wide zones without a fight in fear of crowd-surfing. My catchers were most appreciative. As others say, the fact that he was there did more than the actual Frenzy skill did (although it too was very nice)

I won 4 and lost 2, and neither of the losses (IMO) were due to the lack of rerolls.

has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

FischerKing wrote:TR 110 Woodelves

I had succes at the WC in Nottingham with this roster:
2 Wardancers
3 Catchers
1 Thrower (first double came late)
1 Tree
4 Lineelves
2rr's
0 ff

And at Eurobowl with this one:
2 Wardancers
4 Catchers
1 Tree
4 Lineelves
2 rr's
0 ff
I have allways used the top roster but i am trying the same but dropping 1 rr for an apo

Word to Your Mother.