LRB 5 Khemri lineup for a 1 mill progression tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

LRB 5 Khemri lineup for a 1 mill progression tournament

Post by Big A »

For a 1 Million tournament based on LRB5 I am torn between the following 2 Khemri lineups.

3 * Mummies = 33
2 *Blitz-Ras = 18
2 * Thro Ras = 14
4 * Skeletons = 12
3 RRs =21
2 FF

=1 Mil

OR

4 * Mummies = 44
2 *Blitz-Ras = 18
2 * Thro Ras = 14
4 * Skeletons = 9
2 RRs = 14
1 FF

= 1 Mil

The format is 7 games and choose your MVP.

The decision in my mind is whether to take 3 or 4 Mummies losing a reroll and a FF to get the extra Mummy, these are the Mummies with Mighty Blow and MA 3.

Given you can choose your MVP what are the priority skills people would go with.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
A

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

when you say choose your mvp, does that mean you are using normal league rules for skills

or you get to pick one skill after each game?

miko
Experienced
Experienced

Post by miko »

Take 4 Mummies. Always!

I play
4 Mummies
2 Thro Rhas
6 Skeletons
3RR (you need it!)

Its possible to kick a throw rha and get a blitz rha for that. My way - One thro rha block, one leader...

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Re: LRB 5 Khemri lineup for a 1 mill progression tournament

Post by PubBowler »

Big A wrote:
4 * Mummies = 44
2 *Blitz-Ras = 18
2 * Thro Ras = 14
4 * Skeletons = 9
2 RRs = 14
1 FF

= 1 Mil
I think you meant 3 Skeletons here.

And if I read your post that skills are earned as in League play and you can choose the MVP to boost development I would not choose either.

I would echo the roster Miko posted and emphasise Block on Throw Ras and then Guard or Stand Firm on your Mummies. Wrestle on Skeles is a nice skill to negate your probable lack of Tackle and Frenzy.

Blitz Ras are a bit too pricey for TV100 Tournies. Especially when you would have to risk rerolls on getting them a TD to ensure an extra skill.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

Its a personal preferance ofcourse, but 4 mummy's is the basic attraction on this team. I get why there are no blitz-ra's there. Its only 7 games, so The damage is not likely to come from the blit-ra's.

My suggestion:(based on the assumtion you get cash per game)

4 * Mummies = 44
2 * Thro Ras = 14
5 * Skeletons = 18
3 RRs = 21
+1ff/1AC/C
= 1 Mil

Pro: 4 mummy's, 3 reroll's + better chance for an extra reroll,
negative: 11 players to start with.
Reason, you will hopefully get a few 6/8 on kickoff, so you might get that needed 4th reroll.

with 4 mummy's and fast mvp points, your mummy will get guard, (for the 3x3 dice LOS blocks. Yours throw-ra's are your most important players, so keep them safe with block (and leader, for the needed 4th reroll)

Once you bought some extra skellies, you can give them DP if you like, or keep the cash and buy that more expencive blitz-ra. (as long as you do not loose players)

extra rationale, AV7 skellies will die. But regen will keep half in the game. Meaning, after your first game, you buy more to keep your numbers advantage. But for the first game, you'd better get that extra reroll for yourself and away from your opponant. 4 mummy's should do a lot of damage.

any sight on what kind of teams you are going to face?

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

Grumbledook wrote:when you say choose your mvp, does that mean you are using normal league rules for skills

or you get to pick one skill after each game?
Yes that's right normal league rules apply.

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

I hadn't thought about leaving the Blitz Ra out.

Given the AV8 I when I've played before (not in a tournament) I've given 1 of them sure hands and then I have 3 Throw Ra.

Thanks for all the advice. The tournament isn't for a few months. I've just finished painting the team. I'll experiment without the Blitz-Ra and report back.

The skills I was thinking of giving.

Mummies Normal 1 Break Tackle, 3 Guard. Doubles Block. Double 6 not +1 strength but get Block?
Blitz Ras 1 Sure Hands 1 Mighty Blow. Doubles Dodge
Throw Ras Normal Block Doubles Dodge
Skeletons Normal Block/Wrestle/Dirty player Doubles Guard/Leader
Take any agility except on Mummies.

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

sirsebstar wrote:
any sight on what kind of teams you are going to face?
Last time this tournament ran there were 50 coaches I imagine it will be similar next time. There will probably be a fair spread of different teams with a lot of elves and a few orcs.

sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

Good Luck Big A.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Big A wrote: Mummies Normal 1 Break Tackle, 3 Guard. Doubles Block. Double 6 not +1 strength but get Block?
Can't say I'd consider Break Tackle here. There are better skills in the short term and you're unlikely to get so many that diversity has overwhelming merit.
As for double 6, both options are good.
Block is better for staying on your feet and knocking down opponents (especially players with Dodge) but ST6 has a impact on the games that numbers don't do justice to.
Just remember to get that extra assist against ST3 opponents.
Big A wrote: Blitz Ras 1 Sure Hands 1 Mighty Blow.
As I said, I wouldn't be rushing to take a Blitz-Ra but if I did Frenzy would be top of the list.
Big A wrote: Throw Ras Normal Block
Block or Leader.
Big A wrote: Skeletons Normal Block/Wrestle/Dirty player Doubles Guard/Leader
I'd favour Wrestle over Block (as I said earlier).
Big A wrote: Take any agility except on Mummies.
AG3 is great for Khemri in longer runs but you might not have time to develop a non-Sure Hands AG3 player in the time here.

And I wouldn't take Dodge on any of the players on a double. Too many teams will have enough Tackle to negate the advantage of having it on one or two guys.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Is this CanCon? If so its full LRB5 league rules, but with the optional rule of picking your MVP.

So you get winnings too :)

As for the spread of teams it is normally about 1/3 flair and 2/3 bash.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

ianwilliams wrote:Is this CanCon? If so its full LRB5 league rules, but with the optional rule of picking your MVP.

So you get winnings too :)

As for the spread of teams it is normally about 1/3 flair and 2/3 bash.
It is for CanCon, I can only improve on last years record. 1 win 2 draws and 4 losses.

Although before CanCon last year I'd only played 4 games ever.

Since then I've clocked up closer to 100, and have a little more idea about what I'm doing.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I think an good selection for 100K Khemri would be:

4 Mummies (440)
2 Thro-Ras (140)
1 Blitz-Ra (90)
6 Skeletons (180)
2 re-rolls (140)
1 cheerleader (10)

assuming Leader as your first skill pick. However if you get winnings I might be tempted to swap 3 skeletons for a Blitz-Ra and then fill out the roster after game 1.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I'd be tempted by

4 Mummies
1 Blitz-ra
1 Throw-ra
6 Skeletons
3 RRs
10k banked

You should get enough after ~2 games to get the 2nd blitz ra and another ~2 games for the 2nd throw-ra. You don't need much else meaning another couple of games cash to offset any fatalities.

I'd be trying to skill up the mummies quickly (mix guard & stand firm) and pray for doubles. The throw-ra and blitz-ra ought to be getting the TDs so skill up naturally.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

Hey Big A,

As you know, I've been playing the Break Tackle Khemri in our local league.

I'd considered taking Khemri for Cancon, but it looks like there will be at least two players already using them, including yourself.

I'd decided on this lineup:

4 x Mummies;
2 x Blitz-Ras;
2 x Thro-Ras;
3 x Skeletons.

2 x Re-Rolls;
1 x Fan Factor.

Four Mummies with MB - you will be racking up SPP from Casualties, and thus will get skilled Mummies very quickly - pray to Nuffle for doubles for Block!

Two Blitz-Ras - Your best players. Get them Tackle and Strip Ball ASAP, and pray for stat increases. Mighty Blow is a good option as well. Guard may be useful, especially if you use them to guard your Throw-Ras.

Two Throw-Ras are expensive, but that extra 1 MA is golden on this team (not to mention not having to burn a re-roll everytime you try to pick up the ball). I'd work them as ball carriers in conjunction with the Blitz-Ras for protection. Concentrate on skills to keep them alive (OK, on the field, then), and possibly give them Dump-Off, to your handy Blitz-Ra bodyguards (as long as you've got a re-roll...)

This list is a bit light on Skellies, but at 30,000 each, you should be able to pick up one or two a game. Use them with the Mummies to get those 3 dice blocks, and use them to foul as necessary. Skills include Kick on at least one, Dirty Player to taste, and whatever you need to complement your style of play.

Progression over the seven games: first two MVPs to Blitz-Ras, which will hopefully get both of them to their second skills in no time, combined with TD's and Cas they cause.

Next four MVPs to the Mummies, so you only need one Cas each for their first skills (pretty easy with MB). With luck, you won't even need to gie MVPs to these guys, as they should be dishing out sufficient CAS on their own to skill up quickly.

Mummies will benefit from most strength skills, but i especially like Break Tackle, Guard, and Juggernaut (especially when they don't have Block from a double). Multiple Block can also be fun (for you...)

Cheers,

Nestyr

"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".