Necromantic Team for 1mil Progression Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Necromantic Team for 1mil Progression Tournament

Post by Nestyr »

Hi all,

I'm looking to run a Necro team in a 7 game, 1mil progression tournament, where you choose who to allocate your MVP to (same tournament Big A is going to).

All pre-rules review 2007/2008 LRB 5 rules apply (with the above exception), but Special Play cards will not be used.

My goal is to win at least half my games (actually, my goal is to win ALL my games, and take out the tournament, but I'll settle for my previous, more attainable, option* :lol: )

Bearing this in mind, I am trying to decide between the following builds:

Option 1
2 x Flesh Golems;
2 x Wights;
2 x Werewolves;
5 x Zombies.

2 x Re-Rolls;
2 x Fan Factor.

or

Option 2
1 x Flesh Golem;
2 x Wights;
2 x Werewolves;
2 x Ghouls;
4 x Zombies.

2 x Re-Rolls;
3 x Fan Factor.

Option 1 has the greater hitting power, with the extra Flesh Golem, and all players have Regen. However, only four players have any sort of speed and agility to speak of.

Option 2 has six players with speed and (for Undead) agility, and five players to hold the line, crush the opposition, foul, etc. However, I have two vulnerable, reasonably expensive players which I will need to put special attention into.

I would like to take at least one of each positional, as they are all worthwhile in the team.

I'm all for quick TD's (again, for an Undead team), and not a big fan of stalling - you and your opponent are both looking to have a fun game, which one of you doesn't when your team is being pounded on...

Which of these two builds would be the better one to go with (I think I know, but want to see what others think), and why?

Is there a better/different build which I have not considered?

Cheers,

Nestyr

*As Clint Eastwood, as the legendary Dirty Harry, once said, "a man's got to know his limitations"... :D

Reason: ''
"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

considering you are using normal skill progression (with chosen mvps) I would start with 3 rerolls

Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

Grumbledook wrote:considering you are using normal skill progression (with chosen mvps) I would start with 3 rerolls
Thanks Grumbledook - where do I get them from?

Cheers,

Nestyr

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

I'd be dropping the Flesh Golum from Option 2 for a third reroll.

They are poor without skills (and arguebly, no better value than zombies as road blocks) and very slow to skill up.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

PubBowler wrote:I'd be dropping the Flesh Golum from Option 2 for a third reroll.

They are poor without skills (and arguebly, no better value than zombies as road blocks) and very slow to skill up.
Thanks PubBowler,

Having the ability to pick who the MVP goes to means he can be skilled up from game one with just one Cas, with the first skill being either Block or Mighty Blow (which will lend itself to him getting further skills over the remaining six games), hence my indecisiveness in being able to decide on my roster...

Cheers,

Nestyr

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Given the short season, I'd def start one FG, and I'm not sure I'd take a second one. If he does skill right away, or you have good money-luck, then go right ahead and take MB or Block. But if he doesn't get a cas for awhile, and if you can't afford another, then give him Guard instead.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.