Orc Team for a 1.2m Non-Progression Resurrection Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

You'll take 3 KOs for every BH. There are 9 perms of KO and 6 perms of Cas, half of which are BH. You need 6 KO rolls on average to use the Babe once, which without a Babe would mean 4 guys KO'ed, and with a Babe means 4.67 guys KO'ed (or something like that; my theory could be off and skew my numbers, but it's in the ballpark). 3<4.67 (or whatever), so an APO saved for BH is better categorically.

If you use the Apoth on the first cas you suffer, you'll get 0.75 guys back, which equates to 4.5 KO rolls with a Babe, which in turn equates to about 3 KO results. This means you'd have to get about 3 KO results for the Babes to equal an Apothecary on a single casualty. As noted above, 3 KOs means 2 Casualties. So unless you anticipate suffering an average meaningfully greater than two casualties (assuming normal injury rolls), you know the Apothecary is a better deal. AV9 Orcs certainly don't count on suffering more than two Cas on average, so shouldn't go for the Babe.

2 Babes compare nicely to 1 Wandering Apo in a tournament, but for an actual Apothecary at 50k? Nah.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Firstly let me state my preference, which is for a pair of Babes. But unfortunately it's not as clear cut as that.

As Matt has pointed out, there is one key variable in the equation: AV.

A second variable is the number of players that you have on your roster to begin with.

A third, more subtle, but equally important variable is the number of drives that your team plays per match on average. My personal experience under 5th Ed. is highly variable: my Nurgle teams play an average of a mere 3 meaningful drives per match, whereas my Pro Elves team average closer to double that. If you have lots of drives, then the Babes become worth their weight in gold. [The same subtle variable (number of drives) influences the relative value of Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches.]

So I'm not sure you can do the maths precisely (though I admire any attempt to do so).

Hope this helps.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless