Human Team for a TR105-Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

olsen667
Rookie
Rookie

Human Team for a TR105-Tournament

Post by olsen667 »

I'm probably planning on playing in my first BloodBowl-Tournament. Rules are LRB5 plus Clarifications plus the 3 expansion teams, star players are allowed
As i have no experience in tournament-play, what do you guys think of the following starting roster:
1 Thrower 70k
4 Blitzers 360k
5 Linemen 250k
1 Ogre 140k
1 Helmut Wulf 80k
3 TRR 150k
FF 0

Reason: ''
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

It sucks that you are going to be down to at least 10 players by the 2nd half at the latest. I would almost ditch a re-roll and get another lineman so when Helmut Wulf gets kicked off the pitch, you can still field 11 people.

olsen667
Rookie
Rookie

Post by olsen667 »

But i already have a replacement player, starting roster is 12 men,I would bring Wulf on the pitch when i'm on offense and make it a loooong drive for the opponent, then the chainsaw looney can seriously lighten up the ranks of the other team, so, even in the case of getting other player(s) knocked out of play and Wulf gone after the drive, i will most likely be in a better shape than the other team.....

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

What rules are being used? is it the LRB5 Experimental Clarifications? If so i'd double check the price on Helmut as he's gone up to 110K.

Overall looks good. I've never been a huge fan of chainsaws, so I'd go for a Catcher instead of Helmut, but whichever is best for you.

Spieroz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spieroz »

olsen667 wrote:But i already have a replacement player, starting roster is 12 men,I would bring Wulf on the pitch when i'm on offense and make it a loooong drive for the opponent, then the chainsaw looney can seriously lighten up the ranks of the other team, so, even in the case of getting other player(s) knocked out of play and Wulf gone after the drive, i will most likely be in a better shape than the other team.....
Not necessarily the best tactic. What happens if you receive (therefore you don't field helmut), he scores in say 6 turns and during that time you suffer a ko that doesn't return or a casualty. You're then forced to use helmut for 1 or 2 turns and then start the 2nd half with a below strength team

olsen667
Rookie
Rookie

Post by olsen667 »

Spieroz wrote: What happens if you receive (therefore you don't field helmut)

You mean, when i kick, i think, but i get your point. Might as well be a good thing to play Wulf on defense against slow TD-teams, i.e. Dwarf, Undead etc., but certainly not against the 2turner-elves....
Okay, so i drop a RR to get another lineman:
1Thrower 70K
4Blitzers 360k
6Linemen 300k
1Ogre 140k
Helmut Wulf 80k
2TRR 100k
FF 0
=1.050.000

@Barney: No experimental rules used, i.e. the recosted starplayers etc., only the official clarifications.........

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

olsen667 wrote:But i already have a replacement player, starting roster is 12 men,
I'm sorry, for some reason I miss-counted your lineup... twice. That being said, It would probably be a decent team, so I wouldn't drop the re-roll for another lineman, you are going to need it. I don't know what your plans are or how you are getting skills (normal SPP, automatic skill after every game, ect.), but with 4 blitzers you should have good options for a running or a passing game.

olsen667
Rookie
Rookie

Post by olsen667 »

+1 "normal" skill before each match, no lasting CAS, team "resets" after each match except the skills, which continue to come in....

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

olsen667 wrote:+1 "normal" skill before each match, no lasting CAS, team "resets" after each match except the skills, which continue to come in....
No doubles like after 3 games?

How many games are you playing?

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

This looks like it´s for the Dungeonbowl, right? So it´s six games, I presume.

You could always take Leader in this Set-Up, I´d feel bad without 3 RR.

No Catchers is interesting, I´d rather have one or two of them instead of the Chainsaw / 13 players. Chainsaw is fun, IMHO it´s not worth it. Can be taken out easily and you have Kickback to screw you over.

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

I'd be tempted to drop the Ogre in favour of 2 Catchers. But then I have started playing a 4 blitzer 4 Catcher line up.