Chaos Pact for Tourney: skills and roster suggestions please

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Chaos Pact for Tourney: skills and roster suggestions please

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

I'm thinking of playing Chaos Pact for an upcoming LRB5 tourney, standard 100 TR. Prior to first round, we can assign 3 different players one normal skill choice, and one other (non big guy) player can get a doubles choice, so four players total can have added skills.

Not settled on a roster, but for fun (hey, I don't win much anyway!) I want to take two Big Guys and all the renegade positions. It looks to be a bash-heavy tourney, so I'm trying to consider that with my skill choices.
Since I want to take all the renegades, I thought I should assign the doubles skill to the Skaven and give him Dodge.

I have garnered a lot of info from searching the forum, but thought I'd seek advice specific to this situation. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :D

Reason: ''
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Not a helpful comment but you (or your TBB Legacy alter ego) was in a Chaos Pact team that beat me this weekend.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

I would go with Juggernaut on the mino, and then extra arms on one of the maruaders and the skaven. This way you can pick up the ball with the marauder on a 2+ and hand off or quick pass to the skaven or dark elf on a 2+. Alternatively, you could give the extra arms to the gobbo, and then be ready for a desperate lob play - but I think the skaven is more useful.

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

Not a helpful comment but you (or your TBB Legacy alter ego) was in a Chaos Pact team that beat me this weekend.
lol, actually it was the TBB Legacy Team that inspired me to form my own Chaos Pact Team.
extra arms on one of the maruaders and the skaven. This way you can pick up the ball with the marauder on a 2+ and hand off or quick pass to the skaven or dark elf on a 2+
I was also thinking that Extra Arms would come in handy on this team, which is essentially just skilless linemen. But so would Block, Dodge, Guard and other basic skills.

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

For picking up sure hands is a better choice than extra arms, the chances are the same. Extra arms is still "handy" though as an alternative to your prone dark elf for handing off to. At TR100, take leader as a skill too.

Other skills to consider are indeed juggernaut on the mino and guard to provide more three dice blocks.

Nuffle Sucks!
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

At TR100, take leader as a skill too.

Other skills to consider are indeed juggernaut on the mino and guard to provide more three dice blocks.
I was thinking of leader and guard might be useful, especially with the lack of skills on the team.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

You need at least one Lineman with Block.

You should probably give the Mino Juggernaut since one of them should be reliable.

Leader isn't a bad bet if you want to bulk out your roster elsewhere, especially in TR100.

And for the fourth skill ... the safe route is another Block lineman. Horns on the Dark Elf or Two Heads on the Goblin are also nifty. Dodge on the Skaven is a waste IMO ... better off not using the double and taking one of the other skills I just mentioned.

Extra Arms is okay... but you'd be better off with Block. You pick up the ball once per drive if things go well. You can win a game quite easily never needing that +1 bonus. But you throw 6, 7 or more Blocks per turn. So Block is your best choice.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I agree with Joe - I took extra arms on the skaven and a marauder, plus AG4 on a goblin so that I could pick up with the marauder then have 3 2+ options to hand-off to (as per craigtw's post). I was imagining playing like elves, getting a few receivers upfield then having at least one available to receive.

This didn't really happen all weekend for various reasons, and I got beaten up quite badly (odo was my only blocker).

So while it is less fun, a bit of block and guard goes a long way...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

It does make sense to stick to the "boring" but very worthy skills of Block, Guard, etc.

It seems some of you favor having a Minotaur on the team, especially with Juggernaut. I want to include two big guys, so which other one would you recommend if I take the Mino?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Troll. The extra 30K is very valuable, as is Regen. You can get around Really Stupid and you shouldn't need to use the extra MA or AG of the Ogre.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

Played a practice game yesterday against humans with the following roster:

Mino
Troll
Goblin
Dark Elf
Skaven
7x Marauders
3xRR

I played without any of the extra skills, just to get a feel for the way the team might work. Other than failing his initial WA roll, the Mino was effective, and with Juggernaut I'm sure he'd be nastier. I won the game 2-1, thanks especially to casualties caused by the Big Guys.

I plan on playing another practice game today, but so far I do think the skills I'll take in the tourney are:

Juggernaut (mino)
Block (marauder
Block (marauder)
Leader (marauder)

The tourney's a couple of months away, so I have plenty of time to practice (Nuffle knows I'll need it!) :D