1.2 million Wood Elves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

one_second_of_insanity
Veteran
Veteran

1.2 million Wood Elves

Post by one_second_of_insanity »

Welkl after playing Slann exclusively for the last 10 months I have decided to break out my Wood Elves again in May for a 1.2 million ressurection style tournament that allows 4 normal skill picks up front that do not contribute any TV cost (so in effect its a 1.28mill tourney) but we need 1 point of fan factor (minimum).

I have come up with the follwoing roster:

2 Wardancers
4 Catchers
1 Thrower
5 Linemen

3 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor

Skills:
Frenzy on Wardancer 1
Strip Ball on Wardancer 2
Kick on Lineman 1
Wrestle on Lineman 2

I have deliberately forgone the tree as I have had success with using one previously but want to try something different. What I'm really not sure about is the skills, kick is not negotiable I really really rate this skill for Wood Elves and it has proved a game winner on several occasions. Frenzy is also a nice tactical skill for the Wardancer as is Strip ball, I'm just not sure if I would be better off with something else (maybe tackle?). Wrestle on a lino is something else I want to try out mainly so I am not so overly reliant on the Wardancers and gives a good alternative when facing off against Dwarves, Norse or other block heavy teams.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reason: ''
http://www.brawlbb.com (The BIGGEST Blood Bowl League in the Southern Hemisphere)
Winner Sandgroper Cup 4
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I flip flop between Frenzy & Tackle. Frenzy can be nice, but can be difficult to use.

Did you consider a Leader thrower for an extra reroll instead of wrestle?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

ianwilliams wrote:I flip flop between Frenzy & Tackle. Frenzy can be nice, but can be difficult to use.
For me it's frenzy all the way. Works against every team and gives you some control over the sidelines. It's true that it's harder to use but that should be an extra reason to take it: the more you use it the faster you'll learn how to get the best out of it.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Frenzy over Tackle for WDs without a doubt.

That much mobility makes avoiding a crowd surf an over riding consideration and when an elf team gets men up it's all over.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
one_second_of_insanity
Veteran
Veteran

Post by one_second_of_insanity »

ianwilliams wrote:I flip flop between Frenzy & Tackle. Frenzy can be nice, but can be difficult to use.

Did you consider a Leader thrower for an extra reroll instead of wrestle?
Yeah I have been toying with the switch between Frenzy and Tackle too but decided the threat Frenzy gives is more worth it plus as said earlier Frenzy works against everyone.

I did consider Leader on the Thrower (and also sure hands) but I almost thought that 4 rerolls on an Elf team is ridiculous (although after my rolling last night it has tempted me again)

I am also tempted to go skill-less on one Wardancer for the first day and when we do the draft at the end of day 1 (we pick 2 skill from cards on a table) pick a skill from there, as thats where the +AG, +S and doubles etc can be picked up from

http://www.brawlbb.com (The BIGGEST Blood Bowl League in the Southern Hemisphere)
Winner Sandgroper Cup 4
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I'd leave Frenzy and take Leader then... and pray for +ST or +AG :) 4 rerolls is good :)

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams