Orcs 1.1 TV + Skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Orcs 1.1 TV + Skills

Post by Skarsnikk »

So' I'll be attending a Tournament mid May, but have to have my team roster submitted by mid April and I need some help placing skills.

My Proposed team:
3 x Black Orc Blockers
4 x Blitzers
2 x Throwers
4 x Linemen
3 x Re-Roll
2 FF

We have a choice of two skill sets to choose from, either 4 x normal rolls & 2 Doubles OR 4 Normal rolls, 1 x Double Roll & +1 MV or AV. Only 1 skill per player, but you can allocate skills as you wish.

My initial thought is 2 x Block on Black Orcs, 2 x tackle on Blitzers & 2 x Guard on Linemen.

What other options could I go for? Mighty Blow on the Black Orcs? Frenzy on the Blitzers?

Reason: ''
For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I would be using linemen to tie up other big guys, probably the best minis for that job in the game with AV9

guard would be better off putting on the other black orc and a blitzer imo

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

With those skill choices I'd take a Troll and give it Block.

Maybe

troll, 4 BOBs, 4 Blitzers, 1 Thrower, 1 Line Orc, 1 Goblin, 1CL or AC.

Troll Block
Blitzer +MA
Blitzer Frenzy or Tackle
BOB Guard x3

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I'd just take 2 Guard BOBs, and take 1 with Block, but otherwise I like Ian's roster.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

No-one thinks that Guard on the Troll would be a better option than Block?

Olaf the Stout

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Block on the troll is by far the best use of a double on the team IMO. Its better than Guard - if you've got enough Guard to compensate (that's one of the reasons I went for 3 guarding bobs). Block makes the troll and effective hurting machine and the tournament rules mean most other BGs will be blocked up too.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams