1.15mill + Skillset

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

someone2040
Experienced
Experienced

1.15mill + Skillset

Post by someone2040 »

So here's the details
LRB 5 + Slann, Underworld and Pact
1.15million to choose players. Inducments as usual except no wizards, 1 star, 50k chefs for lings and 50k bribes for gobbo's.
1 upgrade per player from the following skill sets
Set 1 : 4x Skills, 2x Doubles
Set 2 : 4x Skills, 1x Double, 1x Mv or Av
Set 3 : 5x Skills, 1x Ag
Set 4 : 4x Skills, 1x St
Draft : At the end of day 1, there is a draft. This can result in skills, stats or other things for the team (generally the staff side of things, fan factor, etc).

So I'm thinking of taking Norse. With access to doubles straight off the bat, I can give the Snow Troll block and with regular skills, block on the Ulfwereners. I haven't used Norse before, so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't, especially in tournaments.
Snow Troll 140k
Ulfwerener 110k
Ulfwerener 110k
Lineman x9 450k
3 Re-rolls 180k
That lands me at 990k with 12 players. Giving me 160k to upgrade Linemen to other positionals as well as 2 regular skills and a double.

The only other teams I'm considering at the moment, are Lizardmen or Chaos. I'd rather not take my Orcs again, as there'll likely be plenty of Orcs to go around, and I dislike boring games where little blood comes up.

So yeah, throw some advice out. Advice is welcome about the other teams as well.

Reason: ''
--SoMeoNe2040--
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

My advice is to take 2 runners and 2 beserkers and not bother with the Ulf's. It's good that you can give them block easily but would you not rather have another player with block and another skill aswell? Ulfwereners are to pricey for what you get IMO.

Give the ST block and 1 runner sure hands. Give at least one of your beserkers mighty blow and use the rest of the skills as you see fit. I definetely think you should have at least 2 guard in your team though.

I would be tempted to take the dwarf bomber as a star player but if your not confident in how to use him effectively then maye take Helmut Wulf instead.

And yes 3 re-rolls for sure.

Good luck[/i]

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

1.15M? That's 12 players, 3 TRRs and a full slate of positionals except Throwers. What's not to love? SH Runner, 2x Guard Berserker, Block ST, 2x Block Ulfs, who needs the second double? You'll hit like a truck.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
someone2040
Experienced
Experienced

Post by someone2040 »

mattgslater wrote:1.15M? That's 12 players, 3 TRRs and a full slate of positionals except Throwers. What's not to love? SH Runner, 2x Guard Berserker, Block ST, 2x Block Ulfs, who needs the second double? You'll hit like a truck.
That's what I was thinking for lineup. Just wasn't sure how to push my skills around.

Just wondering how you would use the guard well on the Zerkers (So far, I've played teams made up of strength 4 guys. Saurus and Orcs on tabletop, Chaos on MBBL), since Frenzy seems like it may cause a bit of an issue, and would be better on a lineman to support a frenzying beserker.

My original idea was to go really smashy with the Zerkers with either Mighty Blow or Piling On, with the idea to hopefully get the Snow Troll Mighty Blow with the Draft at the end of the first day.

So yeah, I can realise how useful guard will be to keep the blocks 2 dice. Just wondering how to use it effectively on the beserkers. Would it be better to put it on a lineman to support the beserkers, or just run the 2 beserkers in tandem or with an ulf each.

--SoMeoNe2040--
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

someone2040 wrote:Just wondering how you would use the guard well on the Zerkers (So far, I've played teams made up of strength 4 guys. Saurus and Orcs on tabletop, Chaos on MBBL), since Frenzy seems like it may cause a bit of an issue, and would be better on a lineman to support a frenzying beserker.
Outside linebacker, baby! Protecting the corner is the best place for Guard and the best place for Frenzy. You could also go down to one Ulf, take an extra TRR and a lino with Guard, as you have an unused double and a big guy with Block to hold the Joker spot (by definition, if you put him at inside LB he's the Joker, because the action will almost always flow away from him). And no team needs 5x Frenzy.

Ooh...
2x 'Zerk with Guard
1x Runner with SH
1x ST with Block
1x Ulf with Block
1x Lino with Block
7x Lino (13 players total)
Apoth
3x RR

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Ulfs are pricey for tournie play as cheap Block is a principle advantage of Norse.

But if you were to take them then consider Wrestle.
Extremely useful skill and no-one else on your team should take it.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else