Euc Bowl - 1.25 start with Humans.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Have you thought about making do with only 2 Catchers, taking an unskilled lino or an Apoth in place of one of the SS guys, buying a 4th TRR and swapping Leader with Block on one Thrower? I'm with you on the need for Accurate, and on the value of 4 TRRs on an AV8/AG3 team, but frankly I think a lino is better than a Catcher straight-up when you're talking about player #12 on a team that already has 3 Catchers, and this gives you a Block/SH player to avoid Strip-Ball.

Another, unrelated idea: trade a Tackle Blitzer for Stand Firm. A SF Blitzer next to a Tackle Blitzer and a SS Catcher next to a Guard Blitzer pretty much takes the elven wide zone game out of the equation, or at least forces risky leaps. Stand Firm is also a good skill on offense against bash, something I can't say for Tackle. Just keep the Juggies off of him... and he's great support for a Catcher, and will really help you control the clock. Frenzy is more conventional, and is also a good idea.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I would also like to point out that 1st and 2nd last year were Elf teams and another few were right up there, supports my need for Tackle.

Perhaps, but only on 1 or 2 players, those are your man-markers.

I believe matt here ^^ suggests something I would try. 2-3 catchers might be enough, you're not an elf with either a str3 catcher, or one with ag4. human catchers are quite fragile imho.

Good luck !

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Lictor wrote:... the 20K has an interesting debate on it's own. Leave it out to stuff up teams dependant on inducements ...
You spend the 1.25m or not, your choice - but no one gets inducements pre-game. You buy them at your initial set up.

I'd swap a tackle for a frenzy and all the linemen wrestle. One option for the 20k is to take a 3rd catcher and give them strip ball or wrestle.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

ianwilliams wrote:
Lictor wrote:... the 20K has an interesting debate on it's own. Leave it out to stuff up teams dependant on inducements ...
You spend the 1.25m or not, your choice - but no one gets inducements pre-game. You buy them at your initial set up.

I'd swap a tackle for a frenzy and all the linemen wrestle. One option for the 20k is to take a 3rd catcher and give them strip ball or wrestle.
I wasn't aware of that, will have to fix this. Cheers.

Ian, are you taking W'Elves again? You trying to minimise my Tackles :P :P

Seems I may be changing to a Frenzy player after all...
mattgslater wrote: Have you thought about making do with only 2 Catchers,
There is only 2 Catchers...
mattgslater wrote: taking an unskilled lino or an Apoth in place of one of the SS guys, buying a 4th TRR and swapping Leader with Block on one Thrower?
In light of no need to hold back funds, sounds good.
mattgslater wrote: I'm with you on the need for Accurate, and on the value of 4 TRRs on an AV8/AG3 team, but frankly I think a lino is better than a Catcher straight-up when you're talking about player #12 on a team that already has 3 Catchers, and this gives you a Block/SH player to avoid Strip-Ball.
This can be addressed by the changing of how I spend my money since I can spend it all now.
mattgslater wrote: Another, unrelated idea: trade a Tackle Blitzer for Stand Firm. A SF Blitzer next to a Tackle Blitzer and a SS Catcher next to a Guard Blitzer pretty much takes the elven wide zone game out of the equation, or at least forces risky leaps. Stand Firm is also a good skill on offense against bash, something I can't say for Tackle. Just keep the Juggies off of him... and he's great support for a Catcher, and will really help you control the clock. Frenzy is more conventional, and is also a good idea.
No, I think I am going to stick with 2 Guard. I have developed a fantastic love for this skill after playing with C'Dwarfs and Necro. Stand Firm is handy, love it on my Golems, but I consider it a 3rd skill on my Human Blitzers.

Unless you guys can persuade me on that too, lol. My team does seem to be changing every day since posting this lol. And I thank youguys again for sharing your wisdom, may I use it well on the pitch!!

Also, to those attending Euc Bowl (or any tourney) good luck in it!

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I'll be the spare so I might not get to play at all. If I do play I'll probably play Underworld, or maybe High Elves.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams