Euc Bowl - 1.25 start with Humans.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Euc Bowl - 1.25 start with Humans.

Post by Lictor »

Just want people's opinions.

Euc Bowl, for those who don't know, 1.25 start only 1 normal skill access per player for as much as you can afford. Resurection.

1. Blitzer - Tackle = 110
2. Blitzer - Tackle = 110
3. Blitzer - Guard = 110
4. Blitzer - Guard = 110
5. Thrower - Leader = 90
6. Thrower - Accurate = 90
7. Catcher - Side Step = 90 (Diving Tackle other option)
8. Catcher - Side Step = 90 (Diving Tackle other option)
9. Line - Kick = 70
10. Line - Block = 70
11. Line - Block = 70
12. Line - Block = 70
Re-Rolls x 3 = 150

20K Left over.

I am playing without the Ogre just so I can have skills on everyone, the aim of the team is to be something of an all rounder. I have exactly the same Amazon line up, how does that compare?

Reason: ''
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

I like it, except the double Tackle. Tackle is wasted against teams with no Dodge (of which there are plenty!). I'd give one blitzer frenzy instead of tackle for sure.
I'm not too sure about the Accurate on the thrower either. I can definately see its use but maybe plain old block would be better to sit in the cage against teams like wood elves.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

TuernRedvenom wrote:I like it, except the double Tackle.
Lol, but the moment I face a Dodgey team, one Tackler will not be enough. :D

Frenzy does have it's merit though...

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

TuernRedvenom wrote:I like it, except the double Tackle. Tackle is wasted against teams with no Dodge (of which there are plenty!). I'd give one blitzer frenzy instead of tackle for sure.
I'm not too sure about the Accurate on the thrower either. I can definately see its use but maybe plain old block would be better to sit in the cage against teams like wood elves.
Echo Echo Echo

Plus I'd consider Wrestle on the Catchers & Linos. Better against cagind Blockers (linos) and Blodgers (Catchers)

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

You definitely want the Ogre. Give him block :D

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Pippy wrote:You definitely want the Ogre. Give him block :D
For sure. A blocking ogre is a machine for 180k. Switch a catcher and a blocking lino. That takes care of the extra 20k as well. Maybe drop a couple of skills/downgrade a thrower to afford the 12th man.
PubBowler wrote:Plus I'd consider Wrestle on the Catchers & Linos. Better against cagind Blockers (linos) and Blodgers (Catchers)
I'd take block on the catcher, don't rate wrestle on catchers, I think it's for ball hunters or man markers. Block also on the accurate thrower (if you keep him in). Wrestle on a lino definately worth a thought though, esp with all the blodgers/block likely to be around.

I don't think double tackle is a terrible idea, with this set up elf teams will be stacked up on dodge. But can understand why you wouldn't. Frenzy is also good vs dodge, plus will remain useful against teams without, so prob a better choice.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Lictor wrote:
TuernRedvenom wrote:I like it, except the double Tackle.
Lol, but the moment I face a Dodgey team, one Tackler will not be enough. :D

Frenzy does have it's merit though...
I think it will be enough. I would even be tempted to scrap the second tackle for something else. :)
You beat dodgy teams by controlling the clock (which is why you need a thrower with block and at least 2 guarders), not by having loads of tackle in my experience.
Frenzy is almost as good as tackle for getting down dodgers, works vs non-dodgers as well and gives you more control over the sidelines (opponent cannot ignore a fast player like a blitzer with frenzy, he'll need to adapt). I'd never take tackle if I didn't have frenzy on the team yet.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

mumbojumboist wrote:
Pippy wrote:You definitely want the Ogre. Give him block :D
For sure. A blocking ogre is a machine for 180k.
Well he would be 170k, even better value.

But as I understood the first post, normal skills only.
So no Block.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Ah yes... too much time writing, not enough reading....

Also not enough time with basic arithmetic.

Pippy confused me.

sumbloke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sumbloke »

Yes normal skills only, plus only one per player. Therefore Block and Accurate on the same thrower wouldn't be possible (well, on a Norse team. But this thread is about humies).

Last year I took Mighty Zug on my team. Sure he's a bit more expensive than an ogre, but he's more reliable. I didn't do so well, but that was at least partly because it was my first six games ever.

Run away! It's an... um... run away!
-Nomad sentry
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

I meant instead of accurate, but I can see how that reads...

I thought I had written a nice sensible reply as well!

Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

Nope, no Ogre. I want a whole team of competents and no skill gaps.

There is 12 players in that line up, and the 20K has an interesting debate on it's own. Leave it out to stuff up teams dependant on inducements or spend it on FF, Cheers and/or Coaches...

My BB mentor and i have been debating Wrestle vs Block. I want Wrestle like my league Humans have, and as much as i can state a few times i have made wiser decisions, he tends to be right every other time lol. But i will go Wrestle now like i wanted anyway.

I'm not quite swayed towards Frenzy yet but by the looks of this thread so far peer pressure might win out =)

Cheers fellas, it's good to have a broader perspective.

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

How about an Ogre with Jump Up?

Only kidding :wink:

If you're philosophically opposed to the Ogre then fair enough, but many would say he's a must in a human team. You could give him stand firm or juggernaut as normal picks?

If you don't beef up the ranks the harsh reality for humans is you're gonna get a good kicking! I would want to take lots of guard blitzers and lots of appropriately protected catchers (block or wrestle) to maximise your speed and flexibility.

With this skill system you could put together some horrendous uber bash lists very very easily (dwarfs, orcs, amazons) so prepare to face some nasty opposition.

Oh and I wouldn't take frenzy unless you're comfortable / well-practiced with it...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

guard would be the best normal skill choice for an ogre if you are going to take one and give it a skill

I'd agree with others tho in that 2 tacklers is too many

Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

Pippy wrote:Oh and I wouldn't take frenzy unless you're comfortable / well-practiced with it...
I also play Necro pretty well so I am well versed in the Crowd Surfing Arts.

I don't think the Human team suffers from not having the Ogre. And consider this: an Ogre with a skill REMOVES 8 skills from the rest of the team. He is a St 5 not really reliable skill muncher in this scenario. And realistically, Guard is his best skill choice, but he will be backed by Linemen who will have no skills because he is there, so here will be no reliable LoS hitting.

Teams with BG's will dominate the LoS, but that usually means it is easier to beat up on the other players. That's what I am trying to do, make nothing simple, and improve every player.

I would also like to point out that 1st and 2nd last year were Elf teams and another few were right up there, supports my need for Tackle.