Wood Elf Development

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Wood Elf Development

Post by Bizzy »

I have a Wood Elf team here that has played two games so far. In the first it lost 2-1 to a Norse team both teams rookies, and I bought an Apothecary. During game two I played a Necromantic team and won 2-1.

The team looks like this so far.

War Dancer - Rolled an 11 for skill
Catcher - Block
Catcher
Thrower - New Skill
Line-Elf - Rolled a 10 for skill
Line-Elf
Line-Elf
Line-Elf
Line-Elf
Line-Elf
Line-Elf

I really don't know what to give any of the remaining players that skilled up. I normally would give a thrower accurate but he doesn't really need it, maybe sure hands, or even accurate. As for the War Dancer and Line-Elf I really am clueless. Any and all help is fully welcomed.

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

+AG for the War Dancer :o (they are amazing with AG5)
Leader for the thrower (unless you have 3 rerolls or more you aren't telling us about).

Line elf I'd say the choices were wrestle, kick or +MA.

+MA I'd take if you had other skilled line elves. However now it isn't doing a lot to help you score etc. You would also want to feed him TDs to get him to the 2nd skill, which you probably don't want to do as you've a lot of other players to skill up.

Kick is the single best skill for a line elf.

Wrestle I've really added since you've only one war dancer and only another catcher with block, so you might feel the need for another reliable blocker.

+Av - well the difference between 7 & 8 is quite big, but still its not that high that you can just pop him on the line and not worry too much. +MA is better IMO.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

wardancer take the +AG nothing else to consider leap on 2+ dodge through 1 tz on 2+, disgusting player ;]

thrower you might want to take leader though you didn't say how many rr you have

the linelf I'd be tempted by wrestle/dodge unless it was a 5,5 roll rather than a 4,6

if it was a double I'll bow to more experienced wood elf coaches as to what to choose, i'd probably take guard though

EDIT: saw ian's post and I'd take kick, slipped my mind ;]

oh and this should be in the league tactics rather than the tournament tactics, maybe a mod will move it over

Lictor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Lictor »

Take Ag

Take Kick

Take Sure Hands.

No questions, no doubts, we all get to pummel you if you do anything different =)

GO WOOD ELVES!!

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Can't go wrong with the above advice. Kick is a great early skill, and MA8 isn't that much better than MA7.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

I'm sorry I only have 2 rerolls on that team, and the above mentioned skills are the only skills I have on the team. I earned all 4 in this game. I am definitely taking the +1AG on the Dancer. The thrower will probably get leader, and that leaves the line elf who did roll two 5's and as I just mentioned I have zero skills other then the 4 I got in this game.

So that being said it seems like I got two of the 3 set, what about that Line-Elf then, Kick or something different?

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

5,5s on the line elf - GUARD.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

I was leaning in that direction too. My TR should shoot up after this one. Thanks a lot Ian and everyone else that has offered up advice

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

ianwilliams wrote:5,5s on the line elf - GUARD.
No doubt about it!

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire