TR 110 tournament roster -> Woodelves.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

I woudl take:

2 wardancers, 4 catchers, 5 lineelfs, 3 RRs.
10%
2 wardancers, 3 catchers, 1 thrower, 5 lineelfs, 3 RRs
14%
2 wardancers, 3 catchers, 1 thrower, 4 lineelfs, 1 treeman, 2 RRs
43%
2 wardancers, 4 catchers, 5 lineelfs, 1 treeman, 2 RRs
33%

Total votes: 21

JaM
Legend
Legend

TR 110 tournament roster -> Woodelves.

Post by JaM »

Hi all,

I was wondering what kind of roster you would take to a 110 TR tournament, with a skill before the first match and the second, a "trait" (i.e. skill as if you rolled a double) for the first, and another 2 skills for the final 2 matches.

I want to bring Wood Elfs, because I've never played them before (not even in a league) and they look quite good on paper :lol:. Nah, I did quite alright with Dwarfs the last time, I want to bring something different this time.

I was thinking:

2 x wardancer
4 x catcher
5 x linemen
3 RR

Or is it worth to substiture a catcher for a thrower, and a RR and an elf for a Treeman ?

Any advise is highly appreciated !

And no, I wont substitue them for Nurgle, I've used them at the Dutch Open already. Fun, but I want something a bit more competitive. :wink:

Cheers,

JaM

Reason: ''
Blood Bowl Nut
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Blood Bowl Nut »

Well personally I don't like more than 2 catchers in a wood elf team, and I would only take one at 110.

Tournament Results:-

Thrudd Bowl 08 - 6th with Skaven
BB GT 09 - 26th with Dwarfs
Thrudd Bowl 09 - 6th with Dwarfs
ARBBL Open 2011 - 1st with Skaven
Andrew from Cheadle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Andrew from Cheadle »

I would take two catchers, and a thrower.

I might sustiture 1 RR and a line elf for a tree, depends on what other teams are at the tournement.

From the above options I chose number 3 - as closest to what I would take.

Good luck with whatever line up you choose

Andrew

It is better to keep quiet and have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

2 Wardancers
4 Catchers
4 Linemen
1 Treeman
2 Rerolls

I won M@dhobbit last weekend, using this line-up. You have a lot of Dodge to start with, so you can move around safely.

The only thing you need rerolls for is the defensive Leap + 1D Blitz and the pick-up afterwards.

Skills I can recommend are Strip Ball on a Wardancer and Sure Hands on a mobile (Dodge) player.

Good luck 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

2 wardancers, 4 catchers, 5 lineelfs, 1 treeman, 2 RRs

Word to Your Mother.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I thought most here would at least go for 3, if not 4 catchers. I think they are vital to get you your TDs, having quite some movement and dodge, and catch... :?:

Da_Great_MC: congrats ! :D so, 2 RRs obviously worked for you !

Also: the poll is kinda skewed, the last team has twelve players where I obviously only could get eleven. I'd miss out on a lineelf IIRC. Sorry !

Blood Bowl Nut
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Blood Bowl Nut »

JaM wrote:I thought most here would at least go for 3, if not 4 catchers. I think they are vital to get you your TDs, having quite some movement and dodge, and catch... :?:

Da_Great_MC: congrats ! :D so, 2 RRs obviously worked for you !

Also: the poll is kinda skewed, the last team has twelve players where I obviously only could get eleven. I'd miss out on a lineelf IIRC. Sorry !
Personally (and please note I'm not an expert at using wood elves) I perfer Wardancers as the TD scores. Block Dodge and leap makes them very good scores.

Tournament Results:-

Thrudd Bowl 08 - 6th with Skaven
BB GT 09 - 26th with Dwarfs
Thrudd Bowl 09 - 6th with Dwarfs
ARBBL Open 2011 - 1st with Skaven
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I was thinking of using the WD as blitzers/ballsackers, and catchers as the guys that pick that ball up and run for the score, while the WDs are there to prevent any nastyness that may come their way.
And, of course, to blitz cages or leap somewhere where they are needed.

I could be wrong of course, I have yet to play a game with them. I have some experinece with Elves (generally speaking, BB-wise) now, but not with woodies. Therefore my poll... :)

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote:2 wardancers, 4 catchers, 5 lineelfs, 1 treeman, 2 RRs
I voted for that line up too. However, when I added it up it wasn't correct. Unless I'm missing something it adds up to 117k. I'm assuming therefore that you would need to drop a lino.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Yeah, I've accidentally cut/pasted a bit too much I'm afraid. That line-up is 1 lineelf too "big".

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I think Thrower #1 is a better deal than Catcher #4. But otherwise, I really like that roster.

A Guard Tree or a Kick Catcher is probably the best first skill. I could see Strip Ball or Side Step on a WD, if that's your preference.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.