Nurgle in TV 120 Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Nurgle need a deep roster - 13 players if possible.

Break Tackle is the best skill on the Beast - it makes him into a mobile threat that the opponent has to deal with.

If you are able to take a doubles skill (I see you took Dodge on a Pestigor), then Pro on the Beast is a good choice (it keeps his Tentacles "alive", makes him a more potent threat, and can save re-rolls).

Sure Hands on one Pestigor is a must. Wrestle on other Pestigors is excellent. Don't give too many skills to Pestigors (one each is enough) as they tend to live in the dugout.

Block/Stand Firm is an annoying combination on a couple of Warriors, if you have the luxury (I'm not sure you do).

Leader is probably best on a Warrior with Block (for maximum protection).

Hope this helps.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
pyttroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pyttroll »

I don't have much experience with tournaments but 13 sounds like a lot to me, could you explain why I should take that many players?

Break tackle definitely make sense, and Pro would be a nice to have

Thanks.

Pyt

Most sporting - Golden Sweetbun 2009
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Sure. Contrary to appearances, Nurgle take a lot ot casualties and/or K.O.s. This is because the majority of their players are AV8, none start with Block, Wrestle or Dodge, and they lack the agility to dodge away from trouble.

Being a slow, clumsy side, they are much more sensitive than most teams to playing with a disparity of numbers (for example, 9 or 10 against 11). So every reserve is like gold dust.

And lastly, Nurgle have the cheap cannon-fodder (Rotters) to enable them to afford reserves. It's their only pricing advantage, really, especially in a tournament. In contrast, their positional players are as expensive as any in the game (900,000 for 9).

I have played in 4 tournaments now with Nurgle, and I am starting to get OK results (it took me a whole year to learn how to play Nurgle at all). With a 12 player roster, I am often short. With 13 players (I tried this in my last tournament a week ago) I was happier. Believe it or not, I was still often short of players, but 10 is much better than 9, and 9 much better than 8...

Hope this helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless