Dark Elf 110, postiiton players and RR

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Dark Elf 110, postiiton players and RR

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Resurrection tournament with TV 110 (LRB 5) is coming up, (EDIT: six games), one skill before every game and you know your oponnents race, no inducements. I´m contemplating Dark Elves but am undecided about the roster.

A) 4 x Blitzer, 2 x Witch, Runner, 4 x Line, 2 RR, 1 CL, 1 AC.
Leader as the first or second skill, all possible Blitzers and Witches. I´m not scared running Witch Elves without Block in one, two games. Or should I? Positioning them is key, though, and watching out if I use them to Blitz.

B) 3 x Blitzer, 2 x Witch, Runner, 5 x Line, 3 RR. No Leader needed but still possible to get 4 RR, Witches get effective much earlier and earlier skill access for Blitzers (Leap, Strip Ball), too.

Roster B seems better to me, but 4 Blitzers and 2 Witches is mighty nice, too. Also unsure about the Runner on Team B, but MA 7 is great, IMO.

Reason: ''
NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

I would go with Roster B. You need 3 RR especially in the early games where you won't have dodge that much.
And Leader is nice to have but you 'waste' a skill. So setup A will be weaker IMO...

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

In one skill per game, I'd only take 1 Witch. You need to use skills on linemen, and every Witch screams "skill me!"

But in a tournament context, I'm total peanut gallery. I'm a league guy... so my biases will lead to protecting players when situationally it may not be the best practice.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

My Witches will scream "Kill!", not "Kill me".! Or did I misunderstood that?:orc: Blodge + Frenzy + MA7 = that´s a player that makes Delves special, IMO. So I want two of them, if possible,

Oh, "skill me". All right. :)

And Team B looks already the favorite to me (that was kind of fast).

German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Good luck in the tournament. Wish to make it there again next year. :wink:

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Thanks! Sorry that you can´t make it, hope to see you at the D-Bowl in autumn.

German RTO for the NAF
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Jeremiah Kool wrote:Thanks! Sorry that you can´t make it, hope to see you at the D-Bowl in autumn.
I'm definatelly considering to go to the D-Bowl this year. :D