Lizardmen 110TR - skill choice?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Killjoy
Experienced
Experienced

Lizardmen 110TR - skill choice?

Post by Killjoy »

I searched the forum. There's not much on Lizardmen skill choices around. More love for handbags, I say. I go to a tourney soon: 110 TR, 6 Games, 1 Skill after each game (Double after third game).

I'm not sure If I should take a Kroxigor or not.

Version 1
Kroxigor
5 Saurus
6 Skinks
3 ReRolls
1 Ass. and 1 Chearleader
Skills: 1st Break Tackle, 2nd Break Tackle, 3rd Block (on Kroxigor), 4th Frenzy, 5th Block

Version 2
6 Saurus
6 Skinks
4 Rerolls
1 Ass. and 1 Chearleader
Skills: 1st Break Tackle, 2nd Break Tackle, 3rd Wrestle (on Skink), 4th Frenzy, 5th Block

I also consider Mighty Blow over Block. 2 Break Tackle is the only one that I'll take for sure. I've read that some people think Sure Hands on one skink is essential.

Help is appreciated.

Reason: ''
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Did not do the Math, but version has 2 more Saurus and re-roll than version 1. Did you not mean to include the Krox?

Killjoy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Killjoy »

You're right. I correct it.

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

There we go. I don't know if you've played Lizzardmen before, whether it be a one-off game of in a league, but you are going to want to start with 12 players at least; the skinks are going to die quick and plentiful.

I'm assuming you can't start with any skills or attribute boosts?

Either way, I would take sure hands on one of the skinks. You would be surprised how many re-rolls are going to be used just trying to pick up the ball with AG 3.

And I know this sounds boring, but unless you are going to make a Saurus a ball carrier, I would not pick Break Tackle. I would go with Block. I know its boring, but it makes the Saurus only go down 1/36 times instead of 1/6. (assuming a ST 4 vs. ST 3, if its even then its 1/6 times going down instead of 1/3)

I also would definitely not take Frenzy with out Block.

Hope this helps.

Killjoy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Killjoy »

I go to a tourney soon: 110 TR, 6 Games, 1 Skill after each game (Double after third game).
I really have to try out Sure Hands/Wrestle on one skink. Both seem so tempting. With the 4 Rerolls set up (which I favour) and a Sure Hands skink, there would be lots of Rerolls available for blocking, though.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

bjorn9486 wrote: And I know this sounds boring, but unless you are going to make a Saurus a ball carrier, I would not pick Break Tackle. I would go with Block. I know its boring, but it makes the Saurus only go down 1/36 times instead of 1/6. (assuming a ST 4 vs. ST 3, if its even then its 1/6 times going down instead of 1/3)
Actually you should recalculate, with 2 dice, falling down is 1/9 (skull or powskull on both dice) which is more reliable than a 1dice block with a dwarf (1/6)

i think you don't need block to avoid falling, but to make cas. block will allow you to bring your opponents down more often and logically to do more cas.

Also i will probably go for the break tackle option, i tried a full block and lack of mobility. Most of the time you will have linemen or AV9 players just sticking your saurus, with break tackle you virtually have 4ST 9AV elfes which is more powerfull than vampire.

I will also go to a tourney soon with Lizardmen but for this tournament, it's 5 skills (including 1 double) choose before the tournament and no change after. I am not sure for now, but i may go with block on kroxigor, block, block, BT, BT

for now my roster should be:
1kroxi
6 saurus
5 skinks
3rerolls

i am also considering choosing leader on the kroxigor for a 4th reroll or for a 13 players roster with 3 rerolls.

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

i'd go with above roster and 1x BT, block x4 sauri with block krox or sure hands a skink

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK